Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:03:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Problem  (Read 410 times)
steelboy (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:18:32 PM

Can anyone help, i need to send some LTC but i only have them on a paper wallet. Normally with BTC i import paper wallet directly into block chain or mtgox and then send from there.

I can't seem to find that function on btc-e though. Is there another trusted online wallet service that i can do this with. (I will send the coins as soon as they are imported)

Thanks
Maddin0815

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:37:11 PM

you can install a Litecoin wallet and import there the privkey from the Paperwallet, then you can send them...

----> a new exchange starts in februar -> http://www.comkort.com  get hottest news and your refferal link right now on bottom of the site. <----
----> http://www.comkort.com will add Leprocoin [LPC] <----
steelboy (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

I have never actually installed the btc client before. Is the litecoin one straightforward?

So there is nothing like block chain.info for litecoin
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:43:12 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 01:55:05 PM by Fraxinus

Download QT https://litecoin.org/

Open Litecoin-qt.

Open the debug console.
Type:walletpassphrase "whatever your passphrase is" 2000

Type:importprivkey "what ever your private key is"

Don't panic. Litecoin-qt will take 5-10 minutes and appear frozen while it imports your address.

You have now imported your paper wallet and can spend the litecoins. However, if you send them at this point, they will go to an auto-generated change address.
To put them back on a paper wallet, you should generate a new offline address and send as many as you want there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also here is another step by step:

Step 1 : Launch your Litecoin-QT client in Offline Mode. This is more secure to import private keys. Once QT client is up, go to Help >> Debug window from the menu bar and then click on “ Console ”.

Step 2 : If your wallet is encrypted you must unlock it first. If not just skip this step and follow step 3. To unlock your wallet, run the following command without quotes, where 600 stands for the seconds your wallet is unlocked.

walletpassphrase "Your Passphrase" "600"
 Litecoin Paper Wallet

Step 3 : Now import your private key using following command without quotes.

importprivkey "yourPrivateKey" "Label"
Litecoin Paper Wallet Private Key

Step 4 : Wait for 2-5 minutes while Wallet imports your private key. After 2-5 minutes check your address book for newly imported address.

Litecoin QT Client

Step 5 : That’s it. Now you can send these coins to wherever you want.

Hope this was helpful to you and others who might need it  Wink

Oh and if you have some LTC to many you can always send some to me Grin
LgTiSwQNeZMMvGrj3YZPA8MzVPhavzbhc1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: