Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 12:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow service - simple and safe for almost any crypto currency  (Read 2565 times)
CoinThinker (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:39:19 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 03:50:16 PM by CoinThinker

Don't gamble with your coins: use escrow every time you are making a direct exchange with someone!

Unfortunately there are a large number of scammers on this forum, who are after your coins. They often change usernames, have multiple accounts, having the best prices for your coins no matter what coins you have, and so on...

After some negative personal experience I decided that this has to stop. Therefor I am launching this simple escrow service, so noone gets cheated anymore by some unscrupulous scammers.

For safe transactions, just follow the steps below:

1. Buyer and seller will agree on price and terms. (I have nothing to do with this step)

2. Once they agree, one of the parties has to send me the following details via PM:
- Buyer's Bitcointalk username, amount and currency the buyer pays with; receiving address
- Seller's Bitcointalk username, amount and currency the seller gives away; receiving address

An example will look like below:
          Buyer: 10Ycoins; receiving address: Hg7457dahdfh...
          Seller: 100Xcoins; receiving address Xyggg845hhg7...

3. I will contact both buyer, and seller sending them both an address where they each have to send the coins.

Disclaimer: I will not discuss at all neither with the buyer, neither with the seller the agreed price and terms and will not give advise regarding that.
          For each escrow I will use different addresses for security reasons so nothing can go wrong or mixed up (or use older escrow addresses where the deal was already completed).

4. Buyer and seller has to send the coins to the specified addresses.

5. Once I received the coins from both parties, I will immediately send the coins to both parties to the receiving address they have specified.

6. (Optional): you can leave a feedback/comment about how satisfied you were with the way the transaction went.

In case one of the parties doesn't keep it's word, I will send back to the other party the coins, deducting my symbolic fee AND post other's party Bitcointalk username in this thread.

Thee fee I am taking is really really symbolic: 1% of the transaction from the seller and buyer as well, or minimum $1 or equivalent when 1% is below that.

Example: If you are selling 100 Xcoins and the buyer pays with 10Ycoins (really hope by the way that by tomorrow will not appear on the market these two new coins:)), then the buyer will receive 99Xcoins (1 is deducted), and the seller 9.9 Ycoins (0.1 deducted).

That's all. Simple and safe.

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:02:13 PM

thanks  Cool
leduc

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile