Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when the mining ends?  (Read 373 times)
rubitok (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 334
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:03:45 AM

If cryptocurrency will success and nice development in future, people will use cryptocurrency in all world, the mining never will end
even with the advent of new types of computers - quantum?
or personal money? provided with the soul of man? ))
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rubitok (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:06:02 AM

I think the stock rates will become more stable and there wont be any hype  +100%/day growth
Also some new coins might appear and substitute the ones with depleted pool

I think that there will be a huge number of coins! up to the fact that everyone will have his own coin - potential!
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:04:45 AM

Hello everybody .  In my opinion.  the topic of crypto currency is developing.  that the mining will not end.  because this is an important link in a large chain.

You are mistaken, it has to end sooner or later as the overall number of bitcoins to be mined is limited. It has to happen in about 120 years. So I think that transaction fees will rise, as miner need to compensate the decreasing price of mining new coins (it gets halved regularly).

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
rubitok (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:23:04 AM

it has to end sooner or later as the overall number of bitcoins to be mined is limited. It has to happen in about 120 years. So I think that transaction fees will rise, as miner need to compensate the decreasing price of mining new coins (it gets halved regularly).

I think that this will come much earlier
travieso

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:05:08 AM

if the mining ends then the price will grow faster, but I think mining will not end
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:15:18 AM

what about this, what will happen if mining doesn't end. In fact I don't think mining is going to end. Perhaps maybe the whole crypto is going to "collapse" (which won't occur as well) then I don't think mining will end. So far as cryptos are there and new coins and innovations come each day, mining will continue to be the job of others. That's my take on this. Wink
rubitok (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:33:20 AM

if the mining ends then the price will grow faster, but I think mining will not end

Why do you think so?
rubitok (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:35:11 AM

what about this, what will happen if mining doesn't end. In fact I don't think mining is going to end. Perhaps maybe the whole crypto is going to "collapse" (which won't occur as well) then I don't think mining will end. So far as cryptos are there and new coins and innovations come each day, mining will continue to be the job of others. That's my take on this. Wink

other crypto-currencies, as it were, will increase the number of days in the progression until the end of the mining?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:53:20 PM

it seems it will never end  Grin

Without scrolling trhough two pages of probably similar stuff. There will be a point where the block reward goes below mining fees (probably). Blocks might have to get bigger to accomodate for this adjustment or the mining fees might increase but the miners will still want to keep mining anyway (even if it becomes just hobbistic miners). As the amount of time it takes to solve a block changes every 2016 blocks then the amount you can eanr is also going to follow glose to potentially the electrical cost (hopefully) which means we'll still havea decentralised network and a lot of miners. Once it becomes less profitible to mine (if that happens) then it will be good to see the increase in the number of people wanting to decentralise the currency by mining with their cell phones and also mining with their computers/full node software.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:50:16 PM

it seems it will never end  Grin

Without scrolling trhough two pages of probably similar stuff. There will be a point where the block reward goes below mining fees (probably). Blocks might have to get bigger to accomodate for this adjustment or the mining fees might increase but the miners will still want to keep mining anyway (even if it becomes just hobbistic miners). As the amount of time it takes to solve a block changes every 2016 blocks then the amount you can eanr is also going to follow glose to potentially the electrical cost (hopefully) which means we'll still havea decentralised network and a lot of miners. Once it becomes less profitible to mine (if that happens) then it will be good to see the increase in the number of people wanting to decentralise the currency by mining with their cell phones and also mining with their computers/full node software.

Described like this I image the time when we used modems to access internet. Probably something similar will happen, you will need a mining device/app when making transactions to support the network.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:49:53 PM

Described like this I image the time when we used modems to access internet. Probably something similar will happen, you will need a mining device/app when making transactions to support the network.

Yes, exactly. It could be integrated with a router too.

If, for example we say there are probably over 5 million routers in the UK and ASIC chips are at 90ghs ($4) then they would provide a stable output of 450 petahashes.

This isn't including the rest of the world who probably have around 200 million or something (the US probably have about 50 million alone). Which would then give about 5 exahashes which is about the size of antpool at the moment...
xxkaiwaxx

Activity: 479
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:48:24 PM

Mining will never end.

Thats what blockchains rely on to keep moving.

PoW might end. But theres always PoS to keep it going.
Erickan

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 03:02:23 AM

There is no way that cryptocurrency operators will stop working, unless it's cryptocurrency back to zero. Because in addition to the rewards earned from the mining work, they also earn money from the deals they process, which is also quite high. So we can rest assured that there will be no cryptocurrency operators, the future is a very developed industry.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 10:24:49 AM

price grows up?
crypto currency will not?
technology will be new?
will suffice all that will be extracted and lost for use?
Price will surely grows up specially for bitcoin but i doubt tht our generation until next will have a chance to experience or see this happens,because the more bitcoin mined is the harder it can be.meaning when the last drop of bitcoin remain for sure it will take 10-20 years before another one wil be mined again
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 11:50:19 PM

Mining will never end.

Thats what blockchains rely on to keep moving.

PoW might end. But theres always PoS to keep it going.

Does anyone actually like pos though? I think if someone gets a lot of coins then it definitely gives them way too much power over all the cryptocurrency. It's good for small groups of people but I don't think bitcoin is right for that sort of thing.

A shift to the ln is always possible also.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: