Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beating Trixx into submission - No Clock Sync @ 4 Cards  (Read 2699 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:07:55 AM

I decided to give the latest Trixx software a try, as I have always used Afterburner but with Beta expiry, I am tired of upgrading.

Anyways, I could not get it to sync GPU or Mem clocks on any of my machines I tried it on with more than 1 GPU, even using the 'SYNC' feature.

Is there a trick to this ? as some cards show up as 1x, 4x, 8x, 16x etc. Afterburner doesn't seem to mind this and works PERFECT, but Trixx will NOT sync these cards and I do not want to have to set each card manually in the list.

GPU-Z (latest) confirmed both, that Afterburner worked and Trixx failed.

Please help,
Thanks.
Allan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dub0matic

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:12:19 AM

just uncheck sync multi gpu. manual card setup is the best way todo it

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 07:28:23 AM

+1

I had to go this route as well.

-ST

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:13:00 PM

i got tired of both AB and trixx. switched to clocktweak
Tim the Magician

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:43:25 PM

+++

This actually works out best (even though it takes a couple of minutes more).. Identical cards will run at slightly different temps based on their position and this way I clock them up or down to get optimum temperatures.

I use Trixx now for all clocking and Afterburner for the temperature display graphs
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:09:45 PM

The syncing multi GPU's is for crossfired cards..

It actually works then..

But I dont crossfire..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 10:05:35 PM

Well, I just reinstalled the latest Beta for Afterburner, as it does everything I need and all I have to worry about is expiration. As profiles are saved during uninstallation/upgrade etc, I will just keep it and upgrade when I have to.

Tim the Magician

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 05:43:51 PM

Well, I just reinstalled the latest Beta for Afterburner, as it does everything I need and all I have to worry about is expiration. As profiles are saved during uninstallation/upgrade etc, I will just keep it and upgrade when I have to.

Is there a reason you use the Beta versions of Afterburner?  The regular release versions are free and don't expire so you would have nothing to worry about..
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 07:23:45 PM

+1

Yeah, guys quit that stuff... It's bad for your health. Honestly.

I bought clocktweak a week ago and I never looked back. Think of it like this: if you're making 0.2 a day at least (you can do it with about 400Mh/s) , then it's more than worth the money. You lose a day of mining, and you gain many days of freedom from frustration with those GUI  monsters like Trixx and Afterburner.

I am not affiliated with Phelix in any way, I just love the software:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=9982

And for the daring, there's the latest CGminer with embedded overclocking capabilities. THAT is free !!! :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
Tim the Magician

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:21:06 PM

+1

I bought clocktweak a week ago and I never looked back. Think of it like this: if you're making 0.2 a day at least (you can do it with about 400Mh/s) , then it's more than worth the money. You lose a day of mining, and you gain many days of freedom from frustration with those GUI  monsters like Trixx and Afterburner.

And for the daring, there's the latest CGminer with embedded overclocking capabilities. THAT is free !!! :

Is there something useful it does which Trixx does not?  I really don't see the point in buying a command line product to replace a free, well built GUI product which works great unless there is some magic I'm missing..  I had about 10 minutes of frustration with Trixx when I first started using it, before I knew not to check the multi-gui thing, but since then I don't have to touch a thing..
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:36:38 PM

Trixx is a little buggy (have to set individual UNLESS CONNECTED WITH CROSSFIRE CABLES!!!), set fan manually you have to do every individual card and it only auto overclocks card 1. Others you have do yourself but it has 4 profile slots. Sapphire trixx is simply the best, and more so cause its free. Just needs updating with a few bug fixes as i say but im guessing they cant do alot about some of the issues. But there minor at best Smiley
Tim the Magician

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 04:54:23 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 07:39:28 AM by Tim the Magician

Trixx is a little buggy (have to set individual UNLESS CONNECTED WITH CROSSFIRE CABLES!!!), set fan manually you have to do every individual card and it only auto overclocks card 1. Others you have do yourself but it has 4 profile slots. Sapphire trixx is simply the best, and more so cause its free. Just needs updating with a few bug fixes as i say but im guessing they cant do alot about some of the issues. But there minor at best Smiley

When I first started using Trixx after using Afterburner I was a little annoyed by the individual card setting deal.. but once I started using it I realized that I prefer clocking the cards individually.  I like to keep all my cards at < 75C and the card temps vary based on their motherboard slot position so I have each card running at a slightly different clock rate.  The only thing which still slightly annoys me is if you have your memory clocks below 300 it loads at 300 when you load a saved profile.. I then need to clock it the rest of the way down manually.  Fortunatly, the only time I need to mess with it is when I reboot and that isn't too often so its all good.
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 01:53:30 AM

When I first started using Trixx after using Afterburner I was a little annoyed by the individual card setting deal.. but once I started using it I realized that I prefer clocking the cards individually.  I like to keep all my cards at < 75C and the card temps vary based on their motherboard slot position so I have each card running at a slightly different clock rate.  The only thing which still slightly annoys me is if you have your memory clocks below 300 it loads at 300 when you load a saved profile.. I then need to clock it the rest of the way down manually.  Fortunatly, the only time I need to mess with it is when I reboot and that isn't too often so its all good.

Dont use crossfire connectors if you are, no need. Sync only works when they are connected to but they effect the m/hash Wink DONT HAVE SYNC CHECKED (if you have)

Another note, Each card as 4 individual save profiles. Just save it for that card on any number, BUT, when you reboot it only auto load the FIRST card, have to load the other 3(in my case). ALso, if using 4, i noticed the first card as an impact even with powered molex connectors. My cards are all 965/300 but GPU0 is set at 950/300 and increasing it makes the m/hash go down. All these cards do 1000/300 so it aint that. Is a weird annomoly Smiley
3phase

Third score

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 07:50:12 AM

+1

I bought clocktweak a week ago and I never looked back. Think of it like this: if you're making 0.2 a day at least (you can do it with about 400Mh/s) , then it's more than worth the money. You lose a day of mining, and you gain many days of freedom from frustration with those GUI  monsters like Trixx and Afterburner.

Is there something useful it does which Trixx does not?  I really don't see the point in buying a command line product to replace a free, well built GUI product which works great unless there is some magic I'm missing..  I had about 10 minutes of frustration with Trixx when I first started using it, before I knew not to check the multi-gui thing, but since then I don't have to touch a thing..

Can you lower the core voltage with one command/click (clcocktweak - CGMiner) ? Can you do automatic overclock/underclock with a target temperature (CGminer)? Can you be sure that what you ask the cards to do is what they will do?

As I said, I got frustrated with both Trixx and Afterburner, and switched entirely to Linux. I use Clocktweak for my Windows desktop quasi miner.

Fiat no more.
Tim the Magician

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 08:26:48 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2011, 10:18:19 PM by Tim the Magician

Is there something useful it does which Trixx does not?

Can you lower the core voltage with one command/click (clcocktweak - CGMiner) ? Can you do automatic overclock/underclock with a target temperature (CGminer)? Can you be sure that what you ask the cards to do is what they will do?

As I said, I got frustrated with both Trixx and Afterburner, and switched entirely to Linux. I use Clocktweak for my Windows desktop quasi miner.

I haven't attempted to change voltages so I wasn't missing that feature..  Trixx does have a voltage slider which I would assume works the same as the other sliders..

The auto clocking based on temps is interesting.. but at this point my temps are pretty consistent.  Having the option would have saved me some time when I was first getting set up though.  Do you have enough temperature variability that the feature engages frequently or is it just intended as an initial configuration aid?

GPU-Z agrees with what Trixx is telling me so I have no reason to doubt it.  Have you had situations where Trixx misreported information?
m3sSh3aD

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 12:33:06 AM

+1

Yes, Yes and Yes, CGMINER 2 does all of what you said and more. Trixx WILL overvolt ANY reference or SAPPHIRE card and may also do other non-reference that use the same voltage controllers. Upto date AMD drivers (11.6 and above) are needed for certain cards also. i.e, sapphire xtrememe 5850 (240SA varient) whereas the 000SA varient works with old drivers. SO, its not always trixx, sometimes its the AMD driver.... Smiley

YOur mad paying for something thats already available but if it wasnt too expensive and its your personal preference, who is anyone to tell you different Wink
3phase

Third score

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 11:53:36 AM

+1

Yes, Yes and Yes, CGMINER 2 does all of what you said and more. Trixx WILL overvolt ANY reference or SAPPHIRE card and may also do other non-reference that use the same voltage controllers. Upto date AMD drivers (11.6 and above) are needed for certain cards also. i.e, sapphire xtrememe 5850 (240SA varient) whereas the 000SA varient works with old drivers. SO, its not always trixx, sometimes its the AMD driver.... Smiley

YOur mad paying for something thats already available but if it wasnt too expensive and its your personal preference, who is anyone to tell you different Wink

I'll then detract all I said, and apologies if I came across as rude or "mad". I'll stick to what's good for me, and my statement that clocktweak saved me from my previous frustration still stands true.

Fiat no more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: