Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:15:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A really odd question...  (Read 1260 times)
TomTomBC (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 02:59:12 AM

So ive been mining bitcoins here and there recently, just doing whatever.  When i popped the 2gb jump drive i use for school in, the AutoPlay had an option called "Windows ReadyBoost" that was said to "speed up your system" .  I went and wiki'd the name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Readyboost) and in the article it mentions a 8000-10000 percent increase in the speed of an 'operation'.  So could this be used to increase the hashrate when generating? Because it just seems really too good to be true.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 03:09:11 AM

No. Also you have probably been hacked.
nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 03:09:16 AM

So ive been mining bitcoins here and there recently, just doing whatever.  When i popped the 2gb jump drive i use for school in, the AutoPlay had an option called "Windows ReadyBoost" that was said to "speed up your system" .  I went and wiki'd the name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Readyboost) and in the article it mentions a 8000-10000 percent increase in the speed of an 'operation'.  So could this be used to increase the hashrate when generating? Because it just seems really too good to be true.

Thanks!

0 hash rate increase...

Readyboost is when you don't have enough RAM, instead of using your HDD as RAM, it uses your flash drive, which has a much faster latency. Bitcoin uses almost no RAM (as long as you have 128MB your fine). This is more targeted to netbooks and very poor laptops and even worse desktops

and Readyboost is actually legit, you have not been probably hacked

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
wb3

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 03:10:30 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sorry Just a sec..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Whew !!!!  Sorry, I was ROFLMAO   Grin Grin

So you say you Googled it and the Jump Drive will increase your processing power by 8000-10,000 percent. Hmm....
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yea, give it a try  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I hear jumping up and down while farting increases the processing of the hashes too...  Grin Grin Grin

I couldn't resist, Welcome !!!!

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
TomTomBC (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 03:20:25 AM

Yeah uh I wasn't dead set on this working... Thats why I said it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.  Thats also why I quoted stuff, because I was skeptical... I didn't say a thing about processing power, i just said it increased the speed of an "operation", which was a vague term...

And i didn't expect a 8000 percent increase in speed... that would be insane, i was just wondering if there was some kind of small effect on it.
nster

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 03:21:45 AM

Sorry Just a sec..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Whew !!!!  Sorry, I was ROFLMAO   Grin Grin

So you say you Googled it and the Jump Drive will increase your processing power by 8000-10,000 percent. Hmm....
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yea, give it a try  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I hear jumping up and down while farting increases the processing of the hashes too...  Grin Grin Grin

I couldn't resist, Welcome !!!!

For people who don't have much RAM but have a USB 3.0 ultra fast SSD USB drive, latency goes from 14.1 to <0.01 ms, speed go from 50MB/s to 250MB/s R and W... That is a substantial increase in speed.

it is the latency that matters the most here though. Of course, if you have 1GB + RAM, ready boost won't help much except in extreme cases

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
nster

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 03:23:34 AM

Yeah uh I wasn't dead set on this working... Thats why I said it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.  Thats also why I quoted stuff, because I was skeptical... I didn't say a thing about processing power, i just said it increased the speed of an "operation", which was a vague term...

And i didn't expect a 8000 percent increase in speed... that would be insane, i was just wondering if there was some kind of small effect on it.

If you are searching for a substantial MH increase, OVERCLOCK! I went from 229ish MH/s to 282~283 MH/s... That's almost a 25% increase

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: