Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex dying?  (Read 120 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:25:38 AM

What's going on with them? they were on the top of the game but no one is talking about them anymore. I also see a lot of ICOs around but honestly, I can't even remember the last I've seen a project announcing listing their coin there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MakarovMV

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:15:20 PM

Circle(Goldman Sachs) is going to create a virtual coin which will be used for calculations in trading instead of USDT. Good news, actually!
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:29:09 PM

What's going on with them? they were on the top of the game but no one is talking about them anymore. I also see a lot of ICOs around but honestly, I can't even remember the last I've seen a project announcing listing their coin there.
Popularity would always have a duration specially if they do let their issues piled up then normally traders would switch into other exchange as well until the name poloniex would gradually vanished. They are still operational but their ranking had been decreased came from to the top which is sad but i heard out some words that they are resolving problems way more faster than before, if they would able to make such change then who knows where they can make a comeback.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:41:29 PM

Competition. If the competitor provides a greater service than them, then it will gain more attention.

I also remember seeing Poloniex suggested with Bittrex when it comes to exchange listings before. However, since there have been deposit/withdrawal issues and their support atm is not that good, users started to leave the exchange. The Circle Poloniex Team said that they are working on it. I believe once they fix the issues and the site works smoothly again, old users will come back plus they can attract new users as well.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 625

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:51:18 PM

Competition. If the competitor provides a greater service than them, then it will gain more attention.

I also remember seeing Poloniex suggested with Bittrex when it comes to exchange listings before. However, since there have been deposit/withdrawal issues and their support atm is not that good, users started to leave the exchange. The Circle Poloniex Team said that they are working on it. I believe once they fix the issues and the site works smoothly again, old users will come back plus they can attract new users as well.
That's how it works. The best one who do able to deliver a smooth and better experience would always took the lead and the older ones or face issues will go down eventually which is a normal cycle that do happen in this world.You might be famous but once you have flaws and been patched up by other the same competitor then you would really took out into your place and be replaced.I will wait for Polo to fixed their issues and  I would used them up once again if they already resolved it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:57:43 PM

What happened to them is pretty normal it almost happened with Bittrex too ( Binance kicking them from #1 to 2# ) . When you stop working on your product that what will happen , Poloniex fault was thinking they will remain #1 without doing anymore effort which was huge mistake , Bittrex the same but they are on top of it now . When you expect to remain #1 with a lot of other exchange doing things better and cheaper than you then you are wrong . For example If Bittrex did not start work on there fees soon all user base will be based on Binance  .

The new owners for Poloniex did not do anything new until this moment , hope they do soon .
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:08:36 PM

I also saw that, some coins like do not find trust with poloniex. it looks like poloniex fails to compete with the new exchange.
but some traders still trade there. this is not something to worry about.
cabin

Activity: 604
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

I think the reason why they are going down and losing their popularity is due to their poor support system and slow withdrawal and deposits. They take time to attend to this issues thereby leaving trader no option than to look for a better exchange but they seems to be working on their system now, I think this will help them rise again as soon as the problems are fixed.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:51:03 PM

I have asked the same question myself too because I started trading in Poloniex back then and when they took out the trollbox and they had an issue but had less support on the issue people started to venture into another trading site and probably some learned their lesson and let go of Poloniex after that happened.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:37:14 PM

I wouldn't be too surprised if getting a $400 million buyout is giving them a chance to breathe a little and get caught up with all the things that they were falling behind with. It's not like they won't have a chance to try and ramp up again once they feel they are comfortable and in a good position again.

Also, in general if the average quality of coins/ICOs and such is going down(probably) then it's simply just better not to list a lot of what might be considered 'garbage' these days. It's a pretty sketchy industry.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:51:35 PM

I have asked the same question myself too because I started trading in Poloniex back then and when they took out the trollbox and they had an issue but had less support on the issue people started to venture into another trading site and probably some learned their lesson and let go of Poloniex after that happened.
Even myself as a trader would definitely do such thing. Why would try to use an exchange which do brings your hassle and doubts on using their service? If you do know that there are lots of better exchangers out there.Its a human instinct to go always with the best ones and now this is happening currently on poloniex and if they would able to bring those things back then they would still have the chance to place themselves on the top again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: