Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do all this just to join a forum. Don't you hate it!  (Read 2453 times)
CornedBeefHash (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:22:18 AM

People used to say Bitcoin was just a novelty.
CornedBeefHash (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:24:34 AM

I just learned a trick to get around the 6 minute post limit for cell users. Use a home computer for one post and a cell for another. Also those with LTE and 4G on one phone, post with LTE then turn off LTE and make another post with 4G.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 05:02:35 AM

You don't need to be logged in for 4 hours anymore, just has to have been 4 hours since your first post. You guys should try reading the stickied readme instead of going by what another newbie told you. Reading a little upfront will save you a lot of time and hassle in the future in many ways.

When did that change BadBear? You mean to tell me I went through all the trouble of making this thread and posting multiple times for nothing! Bastards! Stop changing shit around and maybe we'll fucking know what the rules are.

I'm going to test it and make 50 accounts with one post and try them again tomorrow. You're making account sales so easy.

On the contrary, it's making account sales worthless, who's going to bother buying a newbie account when it's so easy?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ccynthia

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:06:01 AM

Well I will try this. I think I sort of maybe understand how the Slush Pool works, maybe. So the numbers add up to a total per block that I generate I think they call them shares (should be points so won't confuse with a full share but anyway). Then your total for each block is somehow divided by the total shares found in the block and you get your total paid amount. Is this correct? I had an 18.4m and a 44.5m share found or whatever the number is on my screen, running a 50ghz system. But I don't see any big numbers like that shown as my contribution toward any block, only smaller numbers. Am I missing something, can't find any page to explain how system works keep getting error when go to Knowledge Base or site.Oh well have been awarded 3 .01 amounts so far in 48 hrs so maybe I just need to mine longer to fully understand system. Kiss
sudeepsingh

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:37:39 AM

so finally figured out the time bit.. still 3 hours short..
chemxboy

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:41:27 AM

Just got a cube Smiley  The rate goes from a quick 30-something down a few gh/s every minute until it gets to 0.  Argh.  Already reseated boards, tightened heatsinks.  No difference.  Argh.  Now I am stuck in newbie-jail.  

Hmm.. It seems there is a bad board in the cube bringing everything down.  In fact when I pulled the board out it has an extra piece of metal (not wire, and it doesn't look like solder) attached from one of the surface mount capacitors to one of the asic chips - and bridging many of its pins.  None of the other boards have this.  I can't PM the reseller while in newbie jail ... Agrh again.

Anyone see this before?
https://i.imgur.com/ka8oJJx.jpg
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:41:49 AM

You don't need to be logged in for 4 hours anymore, just has to have been 4 hours since your first post. You guys should try reading the stickied readme instead of going by what another newbie told you. Reading a little upfront will save you a lot of time and hassle in the future in many ways.

When did that change BadBear? You mean to tell me I went through all the trouble of making this thread and posting multiple times for nothing! Bastards! Stop changing shit around and maybe we'll fucking know what the rules are.

I'm going to test it and make 50 accounts with one post and try them again tomorrow. You're making account sales so easy.

On the contrary, it's making account sales worthless, who's going to bother buying a newbie account when it's so easy?

Yeah, I know. I was just pissed at you so I said that. I've had a beer so I'm much better now.  Grin

BTCWizard

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:43:25 AM

So if I'm correct, I need to make one post here and than wait 4 hours before I can post somewhere else?  Undecided

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:44:40 AM

Just got a cube Smiley  The rate goes from a quick 30-something down a few gh/s every minute until it gets to 0.  Argh.  Already reseated boards, tightened heatsinks.  No difference.  Argh.  Now I am stuck in newbie-jail.  

Hmm.. It seems there is a bad board in the cube bringing everything down.  In fact when I pulled the board out it has an extra piece of metal (not wire, and it doesn't look like solder) attached from one of the surface mount capacitors to one of the asic chips - and bridging many of its pins.  None of the other boards have this.  I can't PM the reseller while in newbie jail ... Agrh again.

Anyone see this before?

Who is the seller? I'll PM them for you and ask them to respond to you here.

LHod711

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:46:36 AM

Anyone see this before?
https://i.imgur.com/ka8oJJx.jpg

Doesn't look right to me!
ashliq

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:06:56 AM

Glad I found this!
ggrube

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:15:11 AM

Thank for the info! I registered at the end of Dember 2013 and didn't realize the rules to be able to reply to posts. I was going nuts until I found out about the "Newbie Jail". I just want to be able to get in on the free AOC coins giveaway. Well, that and pick up some more tips here about the crypto market. Thanks!
vexorg

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:36:04 AM

My first post to this forum. A short one but hopefully it will do.

edit: Apparently this post has to be substantial (according to the sticky) so I'm editing it to add more. Been lurking here for a while, but never got around to creating an account.

vex
CornedBeefHash (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:56:53 AM

My first post to this forum. A short one but hopefully it will do.

edit: Apparently this post has to be substantial (according to the sticky) so I'm editing it to add more. Been lurking here for a while, but never got around to creating an account.

vex

Hum, it does say substantial. I guess it needs to be a few sentences but posts can also be deleted by the mods if they are "off topic". I created his thread to allow any topic so just say more than hi and you should be good.

You all came here for a reason. You might try just saying a few sentences about what you want to do here.

Maybe something like this:

Evidently, I have something wrong with my brain function. Everyone I know tells me I'm crazy for supporting Bitcoin. I ignore them all and trade Bitcoins on an exchange, buy Christmas presents with Bitcoin, spend way too much time on this forum and buy Bitcoin merchandise to give out to total strangers. Maybe I am crazy?
nerobie

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:42:14 AM

You need that to go over 4 hours and have posted enough to get into the other parts of the forum.
sidtheone

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:15:32 AM

Well I am here to find some fellow miners Smiley. And yes people think I am crazy to even think about bitcoin.  Grin

PS: I hope this has SUBSTANCE .

PSS:: One more line for added SUBSTANCE .

PSSS:: Will one more get me in early Huh

neelakas

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:39:30 AM

Just killin' time here (or logging it  )
nickgrand

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:50:12 AM

What do you mean we have to post a substantial reply with a sentence or two? Who gets to decide what a sentence is or what it should consist of, between depth, wordiness, length, and other factors. Would this count as a "substantial" reply? I sure hope so, because I have no idea where else in the newbie section I am going to be able to talk about nothing for an extended amount of time, do you know what I mean? 
BTCWizard

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:56:19 AM

Well I am here to find some fellow miners Smiley. And yes people think I am crazy to even think about bitcoin.  Grin

PS: I hope this has SUBSTANCE .

PSS:: One more line for added SUBSTANCE .

PSSS:: Will one more get me in early Huh

Does quoting a post with substance count?  Tongue
Dial595

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:59:41 AM

whats the matter with all the subtance lately?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: