test
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:25:27 PM

Scammer cannot win but innocent party can surely lose.

No one will trust an escrow service where the escrow agent can keep the funds. Nice try.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:43:38 PM

I think it holds promise but should be redesigned so that the escrow agent cannot steal the funds. If the funds become in spendable until the matter is resolved this is probably the most obvious path.
artw1982

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:53:27 PM

You have no SSL and you are running the site off of a shared hosting account with GoDaddy. That in itself is VERY insecure, not to mention, slow. 2.066 other sites use your shared IP. Think that's secure? I personally wouldn't touch this.
openagain

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:55:10 PM

Some good concepts but I'm assuming you are going to be charging some high fees to support the escrow services.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:35:43 AM

One of the most common cases:

BTC buyer says: "I paid the bill for Seller, here's the bank transaction details, screenshot attached."
BTC seller says: "Company never accepted the money, I still have to pay the bill, please abort!"

How will you resolve this? Ask the company?! The BTC seller has no way until the next invoice comes to even see if the balance has been cleared - and even then, if people manage to reverse transactions later on (e.g. "I mistyped the invoiceID for my electricity payment, as you can see from your transaction records, my name is not even remotely Seller, but Buyer!") they still might get this charge added later another time.

I don't see how this would be even remotely scam proof, sorry.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
fasbit

Activity: 425
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:32:37 PM

I have created a service that I think might have potential www.Billex.me. Billex is peer-to-peer service that connects people who want bitcoins with those who want to pay their bills with them.

Billex.me is Untouchable
Bank accounts are the weak links in bitcoin exchanges. Even with P-to P exchanges its very simple find out the bank account of those who are doing most of the trading (trade with them once and you will get the bank account number).  It’s then easy for bank to see who has bought bitcoins from that trader and even close the bank account  .

Huh Bank Accounts are the weak link?  I don't know what you mean.  I trade BTC daily without a "bank account."   Are you talking about the people who use Local Bitcoins?  And fund with bank account?
kezzyp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:21:48 PM

I have a post of this service i offer, so far i have paid for things online for about 6 members on this forum, i have had situations where we argue who goes first, pay and i send you bitcoin, or i usually say "send me bitcoin then i will pay for you" this always depend on the person buying, its a Hero member or an old timer with good rep on the site surely i will go first, here is my point to yours, here you have two people on the rope,

First person: Sends Bitocin
Second person: Pays bill
====================
The two is on the hook, and at your mercy, before you say its fool proof
make sure users have access to their funds, for example like localbitcoins.com, once two parties agree then your fund is released and everybody win.
The site looks more like a classified website, i don't say its bad! it looks good, but other things should be added to gain confidence..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: