Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 07:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Post  (Read 513 times)
batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 10:44:44 PM

Hi All,

New to the bitcointalk but been mining for a few years now and loving it. Currently looking at the alternative currency sections as I love to keep up to date with new trends and ideas. My rigs are currently pointed at 42 which I think is an amazing coin.

I was an IT tech turned stock trader with some custom designed software but am stuck on and loving the crypto market, currently trading several different coins with hope of gaining many more. I am based in the UK hopefully an up and coming place for crypto-currencies.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
docsham

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:58:25 PM

Hi batesresearch,

I've just joined. Amazing forum :-) and sooo  much information.
I am still working in the IT sector, and also stuck on digital coins.

Im more interested in mining than trading. Find it fascinating, when does anyone get a chance to print money at home.

Its very time consuming and most days after work, I spend upto an hour making sure all is good. Don't remember seeing the wife in the last week. Im sure she's around. more importantly my mining rig is healthy.

I see you been mining for a few years. Wow wish I knew about all this a few years back.
I have a KNC Jupiter, 2 single BFLs - Running well.
Planning to setup 6 top end graphics cards to mine LTC over the weekend.

What have you setup ?
Tornus12

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:25:15 PM

lol docsham, hopefully your wife didn't pack up and head to a relative while you were messing around with your rig.

new to mining myself, been working on LTC since BTC left GPU mining.  I must say that auto payouts are a must, along with backing up my wallet!  along with not setting encryption passwords after several beers and not being able to remember them weeks later.

so, enough of the 1st post BS, back to reading/research.... info overload imminent.
batesresearch (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 10:02:54 AM

The digital coin arena is an amazing area, very exciting.

I have two rigs at the moment really using 6990s with ultra cooling, planning a major upgrade over the next 6 months.

All the best to you on the digital coin scene.

Putting yourself as anonymous on the pools is getting more necessary

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: