Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:33:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr!  (Read 47841 times)
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:03:31 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 03:45:38 PM by Mike_Rotch

i told ya from the beginning you should've linked it with the pirate movement...
now i personally (as a pirate) think it's to late and my opinion is still that you could have better thought this through...

why should we pirates help you now if clearly all you want is help yourselves?

i was thinking using this coin internally to pay members for their achievements but to be honest even if i get some mining pirates to mine this coin, we sooner or later will create our own because this is not what the pirate party should stand for...we do the things we do out of idealism not greed...

your best bet would've been becoming a pirate yourself and connect with the others internationally before starting this but like i said it's not idealism that seems to motivate you...maybe then you would have discovered, that there are already pirates connecting internationally to make something out of cryptos...something where you excluded your coin from...sry bro...just being honest...i would have told you before you launched the coin if you would have announced it soon enough...

if there are some pirates here who are interested in the pirate-party crypto project feel free to contact me...

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
motd2k (OP)

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:04:08 PM

i told ya from the beginning you should've linked it with the pirate movement...
now i personally (as a pirate) think it's to late and my opinion is still that you could have better thought this through...

i was thinking using this coin internally to pay members for their achievements but to be honest even if i get some mining pirates to mine this coin, we sooner or later will create our own because this is not what the pirate party should stand for...we do the things we do out of idealism not greed...

your best bet would've been becoming a pirate yourself and connect with the others internationally before starting this but like i said it's not idealism that seems to motivate you...maybe then you would have discovered, that there are already pirates connecting internationally to make something out of cryptos...something where you excluded your coin from...sry bro...just being honest...i would have told you before you launched the coin if you would have announced it soon enough...

I didn't care about what you wrote then, and I certainly don't now.  You have no idea what 'motivates' me, so don't presume otherwise.
bobdylan

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:22:29 PM

Hi motd2k,
Do you change PTC for PIR in the block exlorer please (and may be the design..)
I would help you if you want..
I can not buildthe wallet with PIR.. it's to hard for me..
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:24:40 PM

I didn't care about what you wrote then, and I certainly don't now.  You have no idea what 'motivates' me, so don't presume otherwise.

sry for provocating you but...if you defy what i'm saying then i really wonder what this is all about...?

because seriously you could've joined the pirate party before creating the coin and then we all would have helped you because we would have had the feeling you wanted to help us all (humanity as a whole)...

or you even could start talking to me now instead of being pissed about your own decisions (you know you don't kill the messenger)...
if you have any good suggestions how to resolve those issues that are the reason why piratecoin will never become pirate-party coin, bring it on...but i personally can't seem to see any way to make something of this that somehow helps our goals as a movement...

sry mate i really don't want to piss you off. i'm just being honest...

Support n0nplusultra.net
motd2k (OP)

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:20:24 PM

sry for provocating you but...if you defy what i'm saying then i really wonder what this is all about...?

because seriously you could've joined the pirate party before creating the coin and then we all would have helped you because we would have had the feeling you wanted to help us all (humanity as a whole)...

or you even could start talking to me now instead of being pissed about your own decisions (you know you don't kill the messenger)...
if you have any good suggestions how to resolve those issues that are the reason why piratecoin will never become pirate-party coin, bring it on...but i personally can't seem to see any way to make something of this that somehow helps our goals as a movement...

I have no interest in joining the pirate party either.  You make lots of assumptions and none have any basis in fact.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:09:28 PM

I have no interest in joining the pirate party either.  You make lots of assumptions and none have any basis in fact.

i never said you had interest in doing so...i am criticizing you didn't have it in the first place...or am i even criticizing you? i'm not sure...maybe i'm just using the forum for what it's thought to be used: stating ones opinion.

and as to the assumptions and the basis: i thought you as dev know the logo proposed for your coin is the official pirate party logo...

https://uspirates.org/

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:18:14 PM

Well I dont believe mod2k made this coin for greed. He didnt even premine the thing and has allowed the community to promote and take the coin further. And it was the community's idea to help the Pirate Party. So its not about greed we just want to see this coin succeed and do something good/be useful. It's original and its a great coin with great potential.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:42:50 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 07:14:30 PM by Mike_Rotch

Well I dont believe mod2k made this coin for greed. He didnt even premine the thing and has allowed the community to promote and take the coin further. And it was the community's idea to help the Pirate Party. So its not about greed we just want to see this coin succeed and do something good/be useful. It's original and its a great coin with great potential.

i agree it would have had great potential but don't you think it comes across kind of greedy creating a piratecoin, mining it for a while and then linking it with the pirate-party movement? what other purpose does it have then trying to get the coin to be more valuable? (comon i mean the website text is from pirate party international and then simply: "Piratecoin is not officially affiliated to any political movement.", written under it!?)

it just leaves the impression that the people who already have a lot of piratecoins want them to get some value so they can profit, don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with making money by mining alts but what is the innovation in this? that you just say it has a pretty name how fitting for your party/movement?

the only way i could see pirates accepting your coin now is if you donate it to them...unless somebody else has some good suggestions?

Support n0nplusultra.net
bsalamoun

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:44:54 PM

Mike Rotch::::
I think its not too late to link piratecoin with Pirate movement. I dont think it should be used to raise the coin price till u want it. Im from community collecting postal stamps and we have our private coin, which is from coin that ended very soon and we use it as internal activity, reward and voting system. We use it as fun not as currency. This crypto coins can be used for many purposes. I know one company which created their own coin and they distribude it to their customers as rewards for orders. And they can change it for gifts.
I think crypto currencies have a bright future not in big (that they will replace clasical currencies) but in small for local usage.
Donating this crypto to pirates is way to promote this coin, not to make money, but to find the use of this coin. But dont think that all who mined it will donate it cas someone will still wait to make money
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:17:46 PM

I think its not too late to link piratecoin with Pirate movement. I dont think it should be used to raise the coin price till u want it. Im from community collecting postal stamps and we have our private coin, which is from coin that ended very soon and we use it as internal activity, reward and voting system. We use it as fun not as currency. This crypto coins can be used for many purposes. I know one company which created their own coin and they distribude it to their customers as rewards for orders. And they can change it for gifts.
I think crypto currencies have a bright future not in big (that they will replace clasical currencies) but in small for local usage.
Donating this crypto to pirates is way to promote this coin, not to make money, but to find the use of this coin. But dont think that all who mined it will donate it cas someone will still wait to make money
bright insight. it is really highly unlikely to replace bitcoin by piratecoin. so we have to find alternative ways to use this coin

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
bobdylan

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:26:11 PM

Vote for Piratecoin please

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:30:21 PM

Donate? How many you want? This coin deserves to be a part of something big because it's being built on the backs of a community of nobodies that do not have massive mining farms and are not out to scam people but rather want to see their coin be useful and meet its true potential in value.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:44:08 PM

thanks for the constructive input! as i said i was thinking about using it as an internal reward currency but i'm not sure if that would make any sense because of the upcoming pirate crypto coin project...

bright insight. it is really highly unlikely to replace bitcoin by piratecoin. so we have to find alternative ways to use this coin

...which seriously makes me doubt that it's sooo highly unlikely for a crypto to replace bitcoin because if pirates world wide unite...i think you get my point...i'm under the impression that's the reason why this coin is being promoted with the pirate party logo at the moment...

Donate? How many you want? This coin deserves to be a part of something big because it's being built on the backs of a community of nobodies that do not have massive mining farms and are not out to scam people but rather want to see their coin be useful and meet its true potential in value.

if this is true i invite everybody in this community to join their local pirate party and send me a pm with your email...i'll make sure you are in first row when our project starts and maybe, just maybe, this coin also can be of use if we figure something out together...but the coin the pirate movement plans is going to be a different algorithm and i'm not sure if it would even be possible implementing that with an hardfork into this coin...(i'm no expert neither do i suggest this, just in case somebody would raise that question)

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:24:03 PM

Someone just bought up 100k PIR in Allcrypt! Price shot to 700 satoshi.
bsalamoun

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:30:09 PM

I bought a few coins too :-) They r still really cheap
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:32:09 PM

Yeah they are super cheap considering how many per block and how many total coins. Anything under 10,000 satoshi is cheap to me.
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:43:33 PM

thanks for the constructive input! as i said i was thinking about using it as an internal reward currency but i'm not sure if that would make any sense because of the upcoming pirate crypto coin project...

...which seriously makes me doubt that it's sooo highly unlikely for a crypto to replace bitcoin because if pirates world wide unite...i think you get my point...i'm under the impression that's the reason why this coin is being promoted with the pirate party logo at the moment...

if this is true i invite everybody in this community to join their local pirate party and send me a pm with your email...i'll make sure you are in first row when our project starts and maybe, just maybe, this coin also can be of use if we figure something out together...but the coin the pirate movement plans is going to be a different algorithm and i'm not sure if it would even be possible implementing that with an hardfork into this coin...(i'm no expert neither do i suggest this, just in case somebody would raise that question)

Your cryptoproject should be this coin/nothing else. Why waste your time on something new when this is already here?
I'm a conservative libertarian so I cant really join your party. But I will say this is not just an opportunity for us to make the coin successful, but for you to make your project successful by adopting a coin that is already established.
cherominerito

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:35:28 PM

Someone just bought up 100k PIR in Allcrypt! Price shot to 700 satoshi.

500 right now.

FootballCoin:  FXFCWvewynp8feR4ZQ1BJbYxeWzByvqgN8
bsalamoun

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:52:58 PM

yes, PIR is still undervalued and really easy to mine. When it will reach a biger exchange the price will go fast up. At 500 satoshi u can buy the whole lot for about 100btc
adam1230
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:39:28 PM

I just sent Patrick at Cryptsy a follow-up email on getting PIR added to the voting list. I'll keep everyone updated on what I hear back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: