Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:27:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIR] ---- PirateCoin | Exchange listed ---- Arrr!  (Read 47843 times)
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:23:30 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 07:01:49 PM by Mike_Rotch

Important Info:

it seems to me motd2k will not tell you guys what's going on and it seems he thinks it is my duty to inform the community:

the last pm i got form him read: he was happy to hand over the project to the pirate party. next day site was down and everything. tried to contact him again, no answer up to now.

so now i feel it's up to me to inform you that the future of this coin/p2p-network is uncertain. the way i see it there are three options present here:

1. The community here decides it's their network and they want to continue it, rename it (to bootycoin or whatever) and find a new dev. (If this is the will of the community be assured we will help you as far as possible at the moment)

2. Pirate Party takes over the network. Which certainly would take a while and would be unclear what it would mean for the reputation of the coin (the time taken) and probably would result in an hardfork one or two years from now. (And even if pirate party takes over i can not guarantee that the coin will be kept. Because it was no pirate project and so decisions have been made without the consensus of the other pirate party members which is not in line with the values of the party.)

3. The coin dies. (An option i don't think anybody prefers.)

For all of you who don't know what this is about:
The pirate party is also planing a crypto coin project. You are welcome to become a pirate yourself and participate. Just write a pm to me.

Why would we want to give the coin to The Pirate Party when you dont even know if the coin will be kept? I mean, that sounds to me to be the dumbest idea. So basically the community gives you the coin and then it gets squashed so as to not be in competition with your group's crypto-project? Doesn't seem too smart to me.

you miss understand me. the coin has already been handed over by the dev. all i am offering here is that the community decides what they wanna do knowing the project was handed over. i could have said nothing and the coin would had died silently.
and if we don't keep it it's not because of the competition it's because of said reasons. (seriously what kind of competition?!)

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:22:44 PM

Well since its your coin now then I guess you have the control don't you?

I think we all agree that we want what is best for the coin and for its future success. The way you demean the coin and this community makes me think that you should give it to us and we need to find a new dev. Unless I am mistaken in how you feel about it.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:23:12 PM

I think we all agree that we want what is best for the coin and for its future success. The way you demean the coin and this community makes me think that you should give it to us and we need to find a new dev. Unless I am mistaken in how you feel about it.

maybe you are mistaking, my request to the dev was simply to remove the logo and the text. he removed the whole site and i'm under the impression he didn't want to continue anyway.

that's also the reason why i thought i'd give you all a choice. you invested time and energy into this network. it would not be okay simply taking it away from you. but you have to also see it's pretty difficult for me to be the intermediary between thousands of pirates world wide and this community.

so please try to see my side like i try to see yours.

i have no intention screwing with you guys. like i said we will help as far as it's possible for us if you decide to rename the coin and want to keep the network.

Support n0nplusultra.net
cherominerito

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:24:14 PM

maybe you are mistaking, my request to the dev was simply to remove the logo and the text. he removed the whole site and i'm under the impression he didn't want to continue anyway.

that's also the reason why i thought i'd give you all a choice. you invested time and energy into this network. it would not be okay simply taking it away from you. but you have to also see it's pretty difficult for me to be the intermediary between thousands of pirates world wide and this community.

i have no intention screwing with you guys. like i said we will help as far as it's possible for us if you decide to rename the coin and want to keep the network.

We can do a takeover.

FootballCoin:  FXFCWvewynp8feR4ZQ1BJbYxeWzByvqgN8
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:51:40 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 12:04:50 AM by Mike_Rotch

We can do a takeover.

Could you be a little more specific? ^^

In other news:
Maybe it is interesting for you all to know i didn't just stumble over this when the logo was changed i was in this thread from the beginning and mined some coins myself at the launch. (so technically i'm also a member of the community)

An other thought just popped in my head: maybe I'm looking at this wrong because i didn't think of me (or the pirate party) now being (even if only for a short period) sort of the dev (thx adam1230 for pointing this out). So maybe it is not a bad idea to continue with the management because their could be experience gained through doing this which the project could later benefit from.
Just let me know what you guys think about that?

Support n0nplusultra.net
ickyt2012

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:20:13 AM

We can do a takeover.

In other news:
Maybe it is interesting for you all to know i didn't just stumble over this when the logo was changed i was in this thread from the beginning and mined some coins myself at the launch. (so technically i'm also a member of the community)

An other thought just popped in my head: maybe I'm looking at this wrong because i didn't think of me (or the pirate party) now being (even if only for a short period) sort of the dev (thx adam1230 for pointing this out). So maybe it is not a bad idea to continue with the management because their could be experience gained through doing this which the project could later benefit from.

This coin is on the edge of oblivion. If we want to keep it from tipping over that edge, we need action and we need it now. I'll back this idea simply because it is SOMETHING. We're long on talk here, but short on action so far.

Cryptocurrency.... because hey, fiat money is just imaginary too
cherominerito

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:33:16 AM

We can do a takeover.

In other news:

New thead.
New web.
And so on...

FootballCoin:  FXFCWvewynp8feR4ZQ1BJbYxeWzByvqgN8
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:37:53 AM

Have a look at GrumpyCoin to see how we have fared so far after the original dev went missing.

We have created a new website, new twitter with over 1000 followers, facebook etc. Plus new wallets, block explorer, games etc etc.

Old website - http://grumpycoins.com/
New website - http://www.grumpyco.in/
Old topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403936.2220;topicseen
New topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514858.0;topicseen

You need to all stick together and not let this coin die. If you work together you can do it.

There are only about 6 of us working on this in total.  Smiley
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:50:36 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 02:30:16 AM by Mike_Rotch

Have a look at GrumpyCoin to see how we have fared so far after the original dev went missing.

We have created a new website, new twitter with over 1000 followers, facebook etc. Plus new wallets, block explorer, games etc etc.

Old website - http://grumpycoins.com/
New website - http://www.grumpyco.in/
Old topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403936.2220;topicseen
New topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514858.0;topicseen

You need to all stick together and not let this coin die. If you work together you can do it.

There are only about 6 of us working on this in total.  Smiley

I had no doubt about that else i wouldn't have come here to discuss this openly.

As for action i at least wrote the guy who had the bootycoin idea and the already setup website to come and join the discussion. it seemed to me he was a very cooperative guy.

I personally like the idea of bootycoin because to be honest we don't have much to offer here with a scrypt coin copy so why don't really offer a little booty. After all sex sells!

Before i forget i think we should discuss this through before starting a new thread. But it also crossed my mind and i'll do it after we all (the community) decide what exact steps we will take.

Support n0nplusultra.net
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:48:32 PM

Well we need to do something. So lets do it.
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:24:30 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 07:46:15 PM by Mike_Rotch

I'm already in discussion with hank booty and like i thought: a very cooperative guy.

Before i forget:

Who of you guys setup twitter and facebook? If i get access I'll also announce news there.
And are there any other social media sites that are not listed in the op?

Support n0nplusultra.net
bitideas

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:20:50 PM

I'm already in discussion with hank booty and like i thought: a very cooperative guy.

Before i forget:

Who of you guys setup twitter and facebook? If i get access I'll also announce news there.

bobdylanbobdylan had control of the Twitter account and the website and the Gmail.  He was given it in good faith to try to bring the community to life, but then he co-opted it and tried to tie it to some political pirate movement... I see he hasn't been around here in a while.  He changed all the passwords.  We'll have to start again from scratch.
But please count me in... I'm invested in the success of this coin, and will do whatever I can to that end.

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:00:50 PM

Before i forget:

bobdylanbobdylan had control of the Twitter account and the website and the Gmail.  He was given it in good faith to try to bring the community to life, but then he co-opted it and tried to tie it to some political pirate movement... I see he hasn't been around here in a while.  He changed all the passwords.  We'll have to start again from scratch.
But please count me in... I'm invested in the success of this coin, and will do whatever I can to that end.

thx I'll write him a pm.

You are always welcome to contribute Smiley

Support n0nplusultra.net
Hashturbater

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 10:12:10 PM

Let me know if I can help in any way.
bobdylan

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:52:45 AM

I am not gone..
I do not understand what you want..
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:58:59 AM

I am not gone..

Looks quite obvious they want the passwords to the sites listed above...

Roll Eyes
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:38:58 PM

I am not gone..

Looks quite obvious they want the passwords to the sites listed above...

Roll Eyes

exactly...

Support n0nplusultra.net
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:59:16 AM

My personal opinion is that BobDylan continues to control the Facebook and Twitter account for the time being.  I suggest he does not hand that information over to anyone.

The original dev (motd2k) has pretty much acted like a douchebag to the community since the coin began.  Someone designed a new logo, started making progress without him and he just shutdown the website like an asshole.

Fortunately, I foresaw this and made a copy, and instructed BobDylan to change the Facebook and Twitter account passwords before motd2k could take down those as well.  For all we know, Mike_Rotch is just another alias motd2k uses, or a friend, trying to get the passwords back now that he's locked out.

Motd2k needed to go, so we are kicking him the fuck out.  The new website is http://www.arrcoin.com.  I have the source code and I am working on recompiling the wallet to update the coin's symbol to ARR.  I have also spoken with AllCrypt about changing the symbol and they're totally cool with it.

This is what we pirates refer to as MUTINY.
bitideas

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:46:11 AM

My personal opinion is that BobDylan continues to control the Facebook and Twitter account for the time being.  I suggest he does not hand that information over to anyone.

The original dev (motd2k) has pretty much acted like a douchebag to the community since the coin began.  Someone designed a new logo, started making progress without him and he just shutdown the website like an asshole.

Fortunately, I foresaw this and made a copy, and instructed BobDylan to change the Facebook and Twitter account passwords before motd2k could take down those as well.  For all we know, Mike_Rotch is just another alias motd2k uses, or a friend, trying to get the passwords back now that he's locked out.

Motd2k needed to go, so we are kicking him the fuck out.  The new website is http://www.arrcoin.com.  I have the source code and I am working on recompiling the wallet to update the coin's symbol to ARR.  I have also spoken with AllCrypt about changing the symbol and they're totally cool with it.

That's all to the good, and nice job getting the site back up.  Motd2k wasn't too much of a douchebag considering he gave us all the social network login info so that we could take over as a community.  

The thing is, what started out as a cool coin about pirates turned into a political statement about video/music piracy, which, no matter how well-meaning, advocates activities that are illegal in my country, and destroys the coin's broad commercial appeal.  

"Pirates of the Carribiean" fans that might flock to a crypto like this will be turned away when they realize the mission of PirateCoin is to encourage practices that bring jail time in many places.

Can't it just be a coin about pirates?

If we're just looking to latch on to a movement of enthusiasts that could boost the commercial viability of this coin, why not get in with these guys?  They've got a massive following

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
Mike_Rotch

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

do me a favor and look at page 2 of this thread and search for my name and then you can rethink if me and motd2k are friends...

and fine if you wanna play kindergarden then keep it! but don't come crying to me after you regret the descission...

i just really don't understand whats so hard making community decissions?! you could've stated your consurnes much earlier and could also discuss things like writing to allcrypt with the community. instead of acting on your own behalf what will surely benefit the credebility here...don't you think so too?!

with such actions you are not behaving any better than motd2k...ever thought about that?!

I at least was honest with the whole community and like i already said, i could've said nothing about what i knew and the coin would've probably simply died...

i'm really astonished that you think this bullshitting will get us any further...
and i really ask myself what for have i been doing work? trying to communicate every step and connecting with the community members involved? didn't you read a few pages back?

and again i turn to the community and ask for your oppinion on this?

Support n0nplusultra.net
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: