Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mentioned on Adam Carolla Show podcast  (Read 1018 times)
CincyFan (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:09:08 PM

I'm wondering if the guy who mentioned Bitcoin on today's podcast is a member of this board?

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, The Adam Carolla Show is a popular daily comedy podcast.  They interview Hollywood type guests and discuss daily news topics around the world. It's one of the most downloaded (if not the most) podcasts on iTunes.   It also holds the Guinness world record for the most downloaded podcast.

Today's episode had a caller inquiring whether Adam would accept Bitcoin donations to support the (free) show.  Adam asked what it was and the caller gave a brief description.  Adam's response was basically "sure we'll accept it".  He seemed fond of the fact there are no transaction fees.

Great job to whomever was able to get on his show and talk about Bitcoin.  He has a very large audience and owns a network of podcasts covering many different subjects and reaching many audiences.  All of his podcasts are free and are supported by donations as well as advertisments. He also has a good presence in TV media.  Hopefully he sets up a wallet and starts talking up Bitcoin.
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 11:49:19 PM

I'm wondering if the guy who mentioned Bitcoin on today's podcast is a member of this board?

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, The Adam Carolla Show is a popular daily comedy podcast.  They interview Hollywood type guests and discuss daily news topics around the world. It's one of the most downloaded (if not the most) podcasts on iTunes.   It also holds the Guinness world record for the most downloaded podcast.

Today's episode had a caller inquiring whether Adam would accept Bitcoin donations to support the (free) show.  Adam asked what it was and the caller gave a brief description.  Adam's response was basically "sure we'll accept it".  He seemed fond of the fact there are no transaction fees.

Great job to whomever was able to get on his show and talk about Bitcoin.  He has a very large audience and owns a network of podcasts covering many different subjects and reaching many audiences.  All of his podcasts are free and are supported by donations as well as advertisments. He also has a good presence in TV media.  Hopefully he sets up a wallet and starts talking up Bitcoin.

I just did a search and found the caller on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/CoinHeavy/statuses/421131503003652097

And Adam responded to the tweet.
https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/statuses/421153204261249025

BitPappa

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:06:50 PM

Interestingly, ex Ace co-broadcaster Sandy Ganz seems to already be on the Bitcoin wagon:

https://twitter.com/SandyGanz/statuses/415541433387335680

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:11:20 PM

I just did a search and found the caller on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/CoinHeavy/statuses/421131503003652097

And Adam responded to the tweet.
https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/statuses/421153204261249025

search terms?
BitPappa

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 05:10:35 AM

Went right to Twitter and searched for AdamCarolla plus Bitcoin.

BitPappa

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:11:14 AM

Adam Carolla is now accepting Bitcoin (via Coinbase) to fund his legal defense against the podcast troll. Rather than paying a licensing fee, Carolla will fight this in court, and his victory can help the entire world of podcasts from having to pay licensing fees to a patent troll. The EFF has also weighed in vigorously in support of the Adam Carolla organization.

So here's a chance to defend podcasting, and show one of the largest podcasts how well Bitcoin works. If we can donate a noticeable amount in Bitcoin, perhaps Adam will integrate Bitcoin more into his payment methods, and start talking about the merits of Bitcoin to his large audience.

http://adamcarolla.com

Please, even if it's just 1 mBTC, this seems like it is a good cause X2. The Bitcoin payment link is at the top right of the page. While an email address is requested (so Coinbase can send you a confirmation), you could just make up something if you want to be anonymous.

special_k

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:43:25 AM

love the adam carolla show, must have missed that episode, glad to hear bitcoin was talked about

edit: oh yea he's been talking about it as he raises money for the patent troll situation
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: