Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockChain.info telling me that I have exceeded number of SMS verifications  (Read 1615 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:32:51 AM

Hi all, I hope you are having a great 2014 so far Smiley.    I didn't quite know what section to post this in, so mods please feel free to move if necessary.   I just recently starting using blockchain.info to hold a portion of my BTC holdings.   I enabled the 2 factor security (via SMS), just for an added layer of security (obviously).   The problem I am facing is that it keeps logging me out after being idle for a bit.   So each time, I have to log back in and get a new SMS code.   

Now the system is telling me I have "exceeded daily limit for medium priority SMS messages" and it won't send me my auth code, or allow me to log in.   Have any of you experienced this before, and is there any work around so that I can log in?   

Thanks!
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:14:15 AM

Hi all, I hope you are having a great 2014 so far Smiley.    I didn't quite know what section to post this in, so mods please feel free to move if necessary.   I just recently starting using blockchain.info to hold a portion of my BTC holdings.   I enabled the 2 factor security (via SMS), just for an added layer of security (obviously).   The problem I am facing is that it keeps logging me out after being idle for a bit.   So each time, I have to log back in and get a new SMS code.   

Now the system is telling me I have "exceeded daily limit for medium priority SMS messages" and it won't send me my auth code, or allow me to log in.   Have any of you experienced this before, and is there any work around so that I can log in?   

Thanks!

Contact blockchain support. They are normally helpful.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:28:19 AM

Thanks!

Thanks...I just thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone else has experienced this because Support emails usually take days to get responses..
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:52:30 AM

Thanks!

Thanks...I just thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone else has experienced this because Support emails usually take days to get responses..

I've never used 2fa via SMS. Always use google authenticator. SMS's are a PITA. They can take ages to arrive sometimes
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:57:32 AM

Thanks!

I've never used 2fa via SMS. Always use google authenticator. SMS's are a PITA. They can take ages to arrive sometimes

Can you set it so that both work?   I believe that is how I have coinbase set up...
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:58:52 AM

Thanks!

Can you set it so that both work?   I believe that is how I have coinbase set up...

I don't know with blockchain.info, sorry, I don't use that service. But I'd be pretty sure SMS isn't the only option with blockchain.info
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:00:44 AM

Thanks!

I don't know with blockchain.info, sorry, I don't use that service. But I'd be pretty sure SMS isn't the only option with blockchain.info

ok, thanks for the responses though...much faster than support at blockchain...im sure I will hear back from them by next week lol
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:04:15 AM

Blockchain has 1 milllion users so there must be someone here that can help you out directly Smiley
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:10:24 AM

Blockchain has 1 milllion users so there must be someone here that can help you out directly Smiley

yeah they are probably like... "now serving #889,679"   we are experiencing unusually high support emails, but your satisfaction is very important to us..." 
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:14:14 AM

support is saying i can reset my 2 factor authentication by filling out the form that they sent me.   It also says that they manually check the forms (it's not automated), so I don't know how long it will take after that for me to be able to access my account. 

Do you think I should just wait until tomorrow to see if I can log in using SMS again, and then go in and manually change the settings at that point?

Not a good start for blockchain.info!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:00:34 AM

support is saying i can reset my 2 factor authentication by filling out the form that they sent me.   It also says that they manually check the forms (it's not automated), so I don't know how long it will take after that for me to be able to access my account. 

Do you think I should just wait until tomorrow to see if I can log in using SMS again, and then go in and manually change the settings at that point?

Not a good start for blockchain.info!

Can't advise on that. Shame nobody that uses blockchain is helping ya Sad mtgox suspended my account for a week just because I accidentally took otp off!

Probably try SMS again tomorrow - if that fails - go the filling in the form route.

At least they have replied now Wink
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 08:12:41 AM

If you have the backup file they send you each time you create a new address, you can create a new account, restore the wallets using that file and you are good to go again. If you have the private keys in plain text, just enter that single key for that particular address you need into the new account.

Then, when they unfreeze your old account, you have a choice to delete all the keys off either (but not both) account.

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:38:21 AM

You should definitely change 2FA to Google Authenticator, as it's a lot simpler and easier.
Anyway, although blockchain.info is probably the most secure online wallet, I would recommend you to put your coins into something like Electrum or Multibit.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:59:18 AM

You should definitely change 2FA to Google Authenticator, as it's a lot simpler and easier.
Anyway, although blockchain.info is probably the most secure online wallet, I would recommend you to put your coins into something like Electrum or Multibit.

Yeah I think the OP has realised that now .... he's just trying to get back to being able to access his account. Can't change to Google Authenticator without account access Wink
lnternet

Activity: 299
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:21:12 PM

Different methods are available, yes

Also

The site is pretty solid.

1ntemetqbXokPSSkuHH4iuAJRTQMP6uJ9
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:35:00 PM

Yeah I think the OP has realised that now .... he's just trying to get back to being able to access his account. Can't change to Google Authenticator without account access Wink

Yes this is exactly whats happening. Im hoping the SMS just re-sets today so i can go in and switch it to google authenticator, because without SMS i am locked out.
GnB

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

LOL really? thank god I haven't gotten that yet, how many times have you been logged out before it happened?
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:00:59 PM

LOL really? thank god I haven't gotten that yet, how many times have you been logged out before it happened?

Not sure to be honest. I dont think it was that many. I had my wallet open at my office while doing other things. I kept getting sidetracked, so when idle it would log me out and resend SMS automatically. I guess this happened several times leading to me being locked out Sad
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

Update:   I was just able to log in, the system sent me an SMS finally, and I was able to get in and switch the system to google authenticator.   So word of advise, if you are going to be using your account for a large number of transactions per day and you will be logging in and out frequently, SMS 2 factor, is NOT the way to go for a 2nd layer of security.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:42:33 PM

Update:   I was just able to log in, the system sent me an SMS finally, and I was able to get in and switch the system to google authenticator.   So word of advise, if you are going to be using your account for a large number of transactions per day and you will be logging in and out frequently, SMS 2 factor, is NOT the way to go for a 2nd layer of security.

Glad it worked out for you already Smiley

Google authenticator is so sweet!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: