Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:09:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Bitcoins Actually Asked Questions  (Read 4121 times)
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 10:53:50 PM

Newbies can post questions for Spend Bitcoins here and they will be copied to http://aaq.spendbitcoins.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:44:02 AM

After an order is placed, how long are normal wait times for the order to get processed?   Is this service 24x7?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 05:02:39 AM

After an order is placed, how long are normal wait times for the order to get processed?   Is this service 24x7?

Orders are processed at least twice a day 7 days per week. This means the maximum wait time to receive a gift code or receipt is twelve hours.

puck

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:14:11 AM

I ordered some bitcoins around 25 hours ago and have not received them yet.  Does it usually take a while? Whats up?

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 07:40:37 AM

I ordered some bitcoins around 25 hours ago and have not received them yet.  Does it usually take a while? Whats up?

They should be in your wallet by 10pm QLD time on the day you send a scanned or photographed copy of your deposit receipt. We have one unclaimed deposit from yesterday. If that is yours, please reply to the quote email with a scanned or photographed copy of your receipt as per the directions on the website and the quote email. If you have already done so, please forward it again, as we have not received it. Thanks!

puck

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:55:48 AM

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've just re-sent the e-mail.  Hopefully it has gone through this time.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 08:32:17 AM

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've just re-sent the e-mail.  Hopefully it has gone through this time.

No trouble. Your bitcoins have been sent.

jreyes

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 05:16:29 PM

I can not buy a amazon gift card. The message after captcha code is: The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again.(reCAPTCHA said: incorrect-captcha-sol)

I´m using mozilla firefox, winxp.

Thanks.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 03:23:48 AM

I can not buy a amazon gift card. The message after captcha code is: The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again.(reCAPTCHA said: incorrect-captcha-sol)

Thanks.

Hi there,

I believe this issue has been resolved. If anyone else has any trouble at all (related or not) please let us know right away.

Happy spending!
Jeremy

jreyes

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:59:20 AM

Thanks.

Hi there,

I believe this issue has been resolved. If anyone else has any trouble at all (related or not) please let us know right away.

Happy spending!
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy. The problem is resolved.

Thanks !
bennybitcoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:35:22 AM

Hi Jeremy, I've just deposited money into the commonwealth bank account provided.
However when trying to send you a scanned deposit receipt all emails to any @spendbitcoin.com address bounce back.

Please notify me if there will be any issue with my purchase.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:39:25 AM

Hi Jeremy, I've just deposited money into the commonwealth bank account provided.
However when trying to send you a scanned deposit receipt all emails to any @spendbitcoin.com address bounce back.

Are you sure you got the addresses correct? It's spendbitcoins.com not spendbitcoin.com.
Have you tried his jeremy #%$#^#%#% @ spendbitcoins.com address too? I remember there was a similar case back last week when all emails to their @spendbitcoins.com addresses bounced.
bennybitcoin

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:52:50 AM

Are you sure you got the addresses correct? It's spendbitcoins.com not spendbitcoin.com.
Have you tried his jeremy #%$#^#%#% @ spendbitcoins.com address too? I remember there was a similar case back last week when all emails to their @spendbitcoins.com addresses bounced.

It bounced from buy@ when I replied to the message I received. It bounced from the contact@ button on your website... and bounced from Jeremy@.
Maybe hotmail doesn't like you. I'd say that's it.

I have just seen the transaction come through though. So a big thankyou.
I was starting to freak out that I'd finally been scammed on the internet.

Kind regards
Benny
bennybitcoin

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:17:51 AM

Apologies, just noticed that I replied thinking you were Jeremy.
Thanks John for your help.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:24:20 AM

Apologies, just noticed that I replied thinking you were Jeremy.
Thanks John for your help.

No problems, glad to have helped. Jeremy has been a stand-up guy here and he has resolved any problems in a quick manner, so don't worry if something goes wrong.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 09:17:47 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2012, 01:53:48 AM by Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Hi everyone. We've been trying to figure out a pattern with bouncing emails. Most emails get through to us but about 5% of people seem to keep getting bounces from us no matter how many times they try. Haven't identified any pattern whatsover yet regarding who this happens to. Some hotmails work, some gmails work, etc, while others from the same services can't get through.

For now, if you get a bounce, please send to jeremy @ spendbitcoins.com.au. That goes to a different inbox and we have had absolutely no problems receiving emails there.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused!

EDIT: Only seems to be a hotmail issue (see below).

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 09:00:03 PM

Seems this is a common problem lately, not just Spend Bitcoins. Google apps based emails are bouncing when hotmail users try to send to them: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#%21topic/apps/VYWZaQ_ynac Sad

jeremy @ spendbitcoins.com.au is not google-apps based, and has been working fine.

wilman

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:05:10 PM

When I go to "Spend Bitcoins on Amazon" and enter my gmail email and choose USD and either the amount in Bitcoins or Amazon Value and click "Submit and Continue", I get sent to this link: https://www.spendbitcoins.com/convert/amazon/#
with a blank page or "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)".
I tried it in IE and Chrome on Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried it, it gave me a Bitcoin address to send to but always asked me to send 0 (zero) Bitcoins while saying the Amazon value was correct.
I sent 0.15 Bitcoins as a test to the address it gave me (14xMTFQdzPdcSpQ71X8KnJn526VA4pQjjb) but have not got any codes in an email, only this response email:

Time: June 24, 2012, 7:20 am (UTC+10)
Amount: 32.64
Currency: usa
Type:Amazon
Amount in Bitcoins: 0
BTC Address: 14xMTFQdzPdcSpQ71X8KnJn526VA4pQjjb

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 06:07:21 PM

When I go to "Spend Bitcoins on Amazon" and enter my gmail email and choose USD and either the amount in Bitcoins or Amazon Value and click "Submit and Continue", I get sent to this link: https://www.spendbitcoins.com/convert/amazon/#
with a blank page or "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)".
I tried it in IE and Chrome on Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried it, it gave me a Bitcoin address to send to but always asked me to send 0 (zero) Bitcoins while saying the Amazon value was correct.
I sent 0.15 Bitcoins as a test to the address it gave me (14xMTFQdzPdcSpQ71X8KnJn526VA4pQjjb) but have not got any codes in an email, only this response email:

Time: June 24, 2012, 7:20 am (UTC+10)
Amount: 32.64
Currency: usa
Type:Amazon
Amount in Bitcoins: 0
BTC Address: 14xMTFQdzPdcSpQ71X8KnJn526VA4pQjjb

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting. The site seems to be experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment. I have reported them to my CTO. You would not receive a gift code for sending 0.15 bitcoins to the address because it only recognises payments of the exact amount in the quote. Would you like me to manually send a gift code for $0.96 or would you prefer a bitcoin refund? If so, to what address?

I'm sorry for the technical difficulties. Should be sorted very shortly.

brobocop

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:33:25 PM

I'm wondering if you've had any problems with the Paypal transfer service. Is it reliable? Do they lock funds randomly or flag accounts as shady or something? I plan to withdraw from the Paypal immediately once payment is received. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: