Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ...
In Favor - 11 (34.4%)
Against - 21 (65.6%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A proposal...  (Read 2093 times)
Anonymous

September 02, 2011, 12:17:40 AM

Let's auto-delete any topic mentioning SomethingAwful within any of the main Bitcoin forums besides Meta and Off-topic.

Who's in favor?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:24:45 AM

Eye!

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:26:55 AM

right, than one can post somethingawful in every single topic...

no information security training I guess lol

-
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:32:57 AM

I don't think he means a script, but to have mods delete any topic talking about it.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:47:55 AM

He only said "any topic mentioning" not "any post in a topic mentioning".

JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 01:45:41 AM

Let's auto-delete any topic mentioning SomethingAwful within any of the main Bitcoin forums besides Meta and Off-topic.

Who's in favor?

You are right Immanuel, free speech is an antiquated idea
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:16:48 AM

Who's in favor?

You guys are the ones hiding your boards...
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:31:42 AM

Then what happens when Something Awful starts taking Bitcoin for registrations?

I don't want to ban anything.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:33:27 AM

There is something awful about this thread

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 03:34:24 AM

Anonymous

September 02, 2011, 04:43:26 AM

Who's in favor?

Free speech on private property is an inane idea. The purpose of a forum is to facilitate valuable and relevant discussion; it's not a ground of any whims.
JeffK

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 05:24:15 AM

Who's in favor?

Free speech on private property is an inane idea. The purpose of a forum is to facilitate valuable and relevant discussion; it's not a ground of any whims.

If you truly believed this, you would post something valuable and/or relevant on occasion, and not use this forum as a place to only solicit funds for projects you will never finish or post a thread about whatever sentence-long idea about states or people or economics that stumbled into your brain that day.
Anonymous

September 02, 2011, 05:32:26 AM

Who's in favor?

If you truly believed this, you would post something valuable and/or relevant on occasion, and not use this forum as a place to only solicit funds for projects you will never finish or post a thread about whatever sentence-long idea about states or people or economics that stumbled into your brain that day.
It's not about me. It's never been about me. It's been about the facilitation of the forum as a whole. However, this will bear no fruit. Your motives are ulterior.
JeffK

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:00:36 AM

Who's in favor?

It's not about me. It's never been about me. It's been about the facilitation of the forum as a whole. However, this will bear no fruit. Your motives are ulterior.

I, on occasion, shit out a little gem of advice here or there. You just use it as a platform for dropping off your half thought-out ideas and opinions that get worse and worse every day as the schizophrenia sets in further.

You'd probably be a more productive member if you went out and got whatever is wrong with you treated and actually improved your life and condition for once instead of just musing over it.
Anonymous

September 02, 2011, 06:22:29 AM

Who's in favor?

I, on occasion, shit out a little gem of advice here or there. You just use it as a platform for dropping off your half thought-out ideas and opinions that get worse and worse every day as the schizophrenia sets in further.

You'd probably be a more productive member if you went out and got whatever is wrong with you treated and actually improved your life and condition for once instead of just musing over it.
I think I see the algorithm here: I create a genuine response involving the topic at hand and then you attack my character?
JeffK

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:49:31 AM

Who's in favor?

I think I see the algorithm here: I create a genuine response involving the topic at hand and then you attack my character?

Your response wasn't genuine, and you are attacking the characters of everyone who visits another forum, just because it gets mentioned.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:55:17 AM

@JeffK and Immanuel Go

Anonymous

September 02, 2011, 07:12:18 AM

Who's in favor?

Your response wasn't genuine, and you are attacking the characters of everyone who visits another forum, just because it gets mentioned.
I did no such thing.

I actually value SomethingAwful but there is a time and place for it and that does not include the general Bitcoin discussion boards.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 10:37:10 AM

And you decide what the purpose of this forum is?

I’d think that the ones who should have a say are the donators who currently fund the forums (and the admins who have done so for a long time), and I’m against any such automated censorship.
Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:13:40 PM

Guys, guys...can't we all just get along? And buy me a SomethingAwful account so I stalk?

We don't need any more idiots/rape apologists. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: