Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage --- BITSTAMP---->MTGOX  (Read 2901 times)
Hashcesar84 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:32:29 AM

Anyone here knows that exchanges have different prices and this difference from bitstamp to mtgox is about 100$.

what about arbitrage buying from bitstamp and selling on gox? is everything legal? is possible to transfer founds from an exchage to another one without passing per another wallet?

and so...why the difference is so big?

I've listen about mtgox late with withdraws and deposits.. how usually big is this late? is anyone trading on gox? I usually use bitstamp.

Huh Huh Huh

Recently I can see that volume on stamp in bigger than gox, but prices are lower, why?

anyone got news about Chineses?, why price on Chinese exchage is the lower?deposits are allowed again or not??

Thanks   
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 09:37:40 AM

Give it a try and get back to us when you get your fiat back.

See you again in a few months.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dan_bn

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:48:42 AM

hello, I did it, arbitrage bitstamp to mtgox or better : btc-e to mtgox.
The problem is when you want to withdraw from mtgox.
I tried a USD withdrawal by SWIFT transfer, and 2 months later, still nothing, so I cancelled my withdrawal.
I tried in EUR by SEPA (only 1000 EUR by day and 10,000 per month), and it takes a long time (from 1 to 2 months) but it works.
But I don't do it anaymore, it's still too long to be usefull.
MTgox said it will improve its SEPA delay, but When I don't know !!!!
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:23:42 AM

Anyone here knows that exchanges have different prices and this difference from bitstamp to mtgox is about 100$.

what about arbitrage buying from bitstamp and selling on gox? is everything legal? is possible to transfer founds from an exchage to another one without passing per another wallet?

I've listen about mtgox late with withdraws and deposits.. how usually big is this late? is anyone trading on gox? I usually use bitstamp.

Huh Huh Huh

Recently I can see that volume on stamp in bigger than gox, but prices are lower, why?

anyone got news about Chineses?, why price on Chinese exchage is the lower?deposits are allowed again or not??

Thanks   

in regards to gox being more expensive the common theory is that since people can't fiat easily more people hold onto their bitcoins in gox than they would other exchanges, less bitcoins available = higher price. 

In China there are still ways for people to get btc through exchanges,  how long it will last is uncertain though. BTCChina just announced a voucher program that lets you buy btc through the exchange,  also they accept cash deposits if you contact them directly on QQ.  Other exchange are still allowing people to make deposits, some exchanges the ceo uses his own personal account to accept cash deposits. How long any of this will last or if/when any exchanges are going to get in trouble is unknown yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see the government continue its crackdown.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Hashcesar84 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:46:10 AM

finally BTC price on gox is fake... withdraws as everybody says is impossible or very slow (1-2 month) so is very stupids buy at gox price.

I've listen a lot about delays of gox withdraws... so fake gox. I withdraw from stamp, I mine and sell on stamp every times and every times they are really punctual like 2-3days. Also for big amounts.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:48:11 AM

im surprised people are still trying mtgox and not yet given up..

mtgox is only higher in price because people cannot cash out, so they are always left with the only option. to buy back their bitcoin and withdraw the bitcoin. thus eating up the sell wall, causing a rise.

what makes ma laugh is that there is still a high amount of people that use the mtgox as the price guide, thus when mtgox drops everywhere else drops. when mtgox doesnt move, everywhere else doesnt move.

if only people would wise up and let mtgox fade into the background until it actually functions as a proper exchange, and let bitstamp or another exchange be the prime valuer of bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Hashcesar84 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:15:15 AM

if only people would wise up and let mtgox fade into the background until it actually functions as a proper exchange, and let bitstamp or another exchange be the prime valuer of bitcoin

Recently volume on stamp is higher than gox. that sounds good.

I was thinking till few days ago that all miners were selling on gox, and I'm a miner and I've always sold on stamp. I was right  Wink

what about btc-e? are they paying punctually?
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:36:34 AM

Huh Huh Huh

Thanks   

Yes, everyone knows about the price difference, and everyone knows why ..... if a $100 arb opportunity existed it would have been eaten up a long time ago.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 12:45:34 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Thanks   

Yes, everyone knows about the price difference, and everyone knows why ..... if a $100 arb opportunity existed it would have been eaten up a long time ago.

Yep, every now & then, the prices come close to each other, but that hasn't happened for a few weeks now.

My buddy submitted a wire transfer in August & is still waiting...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Hashcesar84 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:35:09 PM

that's incredible... how is possible that people still playing on gox?

maybe could be a great idea create a new American exchange.. I think is not difficult manage the exchange's payments, maybe is difficult get concessions.
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:05:25 PM

finally BTC price on gox is fake... withdraws as everybody says is impossible or very slow (1-2 month) so is very stupids buy at gox price.

I've listen a lot about delays of gox withdraws... so fake gox. I withdraw from stamp, I mine and sell on stamp every times and every times they are really punctual like 2-3days. Also for big amounts.

Hi, how much does % bitstamp charge for their withdrawl please? (or dont they charge anything)?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:38:31 PM

that's incredible... how is possible that people still playing on gox?

maybe could be a great idea create a new American exchange.. I think is not difficult manage the exchange's payments, maybe is difficult get concessions.

You can trade bitcoins on gox, you don't have to go near the fiat side. Just use as (expensive) trading engine.

But yeah, its days are numbered .......
Hashcesar84 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:58:02 PM

You can trade bitcoins on gox, you don't have to go near the fiat side. Just use as (expensive) trading engine.

Ye! you can trade in an expensive way on gox. Maybe in a stupid way! you deposit on gox buy on gox than transfer on stamp to withdraw but on stamp bitcoin is at 100$ less!!or you can anyway wait 4 month and withdraw on gox!  Wink
Ilanoh

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:48:44 PM

Maybe gox saw that a delay in payment would create an arbitrage, and is now using his own exchange arbitrage for himself, since gox people will make direct withdraw for themselves.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:00:32 AM

Ye! you can trade in an expensive way on gox. Maybe in a stupid way! you deposit on gox buy on gox than transfer on stamp to withdraw but on stamp bitcoin is at 100$ less!!or you can anyway wait 4 month and withdraw on gox!  Wink

Nope - 4 months won't do it.

Understand: people have been waiting since June July for international wires. Gox are not processing them unless you pay the 5% "bribe"
bit-fxtrader

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:09:48 AM

Understand: people have been waiting since June July for international wires. Gox are not processing them unless you pay the 5% "bribe"

does that actually work? I can't find it anywhere on their site? How long does a 5 pct withdrawal take?
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:00:13 AM

People should simply abandon Gox until they get their act together - it could be very useful if cashing out was resolved - how hard can it be to transfer funds to a bank account?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:22:42 AM

does that actually work? I can't find it anywhere on their site? How long does a 5 pct withdrawal take?

Well I couldn't find it either, I just did the normal "process" and of course, nothing happened.

But several people have insisted  if you pay 5% you can get a wire sorted. Maybe you have to contact their support first, I've no idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: