Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:23:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cube and Blades restarting every 5 minutes.  (Read 849 times)
Zeal0t (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 09:46:36 AM

Hello,

I have two V2 blades and a cube connected to Slush's stratum proxy. The hardware itself seems to be in good shape, all three devices achieve the desired hashrate but after about five minutes - they restart. Every time this happens they need a few moments to get back up to speed and in the process I lose tons of hashes. The blades average out at only about 7.5Gh/s (out of 10Gh/s) while the cube averages only 25Gh/s (out of 38Gh/s), I'm guessing since it takes longer to reach its target rate upon restart.

So far I've tried different pools and exchanged the power supply to see if those could be the problem, but the results were the same. Honestly any information would be greatly appreciated and I'll tip whoever can make this go away. I feel like a noob for not being able to figure this out, but I'm treading in the dark.

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeal0t (OP)

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:22:58 AM

<bump>

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 05:25:01 AM

Do they restart regularly after a set amount of time?

My first guess would be heat.   

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 05:29:22 AM

Do they restart regularly after a set amount of time?

My first guess would be heat.   

also are they both resetting together simultaneously?

Zeal0t (OP)

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:13:08 PM

I'm thinking it's a proxy issue - part of the programming makes it so the devices (v2 blades and cube) restart when they don't get any work. All three restart simultaneously and the problem is most assuredly not heat related.

TheWoodser

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:46:12 AM

What kind of power supply do you have them on?  Oddly enough I am running a cube and two blades myself with no problems.  I am using the mining_proxy.exe on Slush's

Sounds power related to me.... Also is it showing hardware errors?

Woodser

Tip Jars:  BTC: 1J8y3SLzGoY2gLYScsbTZmUH7dW18J1q4S          LTC:  LMkJZ8yuwtVr57GLYZ1JRWstQTc29Cfrtn     Doge: D95sgyBbRz8xhsQMAPmACYfB8vKWUAGuTn 
Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366385.0
Shaker242

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:25:21 PM

Hello,

I have two V2 blades and a cube connected to Slush's stratum proxy. The hardware itself seems to be in good shape, all three devices achieve the desired hashrate but after about five minutes - they restart. Every time this happens they need a few moments to get back up to speed and in the process I lose tons of hashes. The blades average out at only about 7.5Gh/s (out of 10Gh/s) while the cube averages only 25Gh/s (out of 38Gh/s), I'm guessing since it takes longer to reach its target rate upon restart.

So far I've tried different pools and exchanged the power supply to see if those could be the problem, but the results were the same. Honestly any information would be greatly appreciated and I'll tip whoever can make this go away. I feel like a noob for not being able to figure this out, but I'm treading in the dark.

It's likely a heat issue, have you checked that?  If the cubes get hot, it's likely to reboot to cool off... are you running it in High or Low mode? If High, does it change running in Low?  If it's Low, is the air that's being sucked in cool or warm?  You can try putting it a cooler area of your home or other cool location.  Sucking in air isn't enough, it needs to suck in 'cool' air....

As a test, you can set one in your window (if it's cold where you are) and it's not wet outside... have it suck in the cold air and exhaust into your home.  If it doesn't shutdown, then snap... you found the problem, heat.  My $0.02.

Shaker242

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:32:08 PM

I'm thinking it's a proxy issue - part of the programming makes it so the devices (v2 blades and cube) restart when they don't get any work. All three restart simultaneously and the problem is most assuredly not heat related.

Sorry - just noticed you said it wasn't heat related.  Okay; I too use Slush's proxy... I however, have a separate proxy for each cube because I became tired of troubleshooting issues related to using a single proxy.  You could try my setup.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658.msg4349054#msg4349054

k2_1971

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 11:44:18 PM

How about running just one device (say, the cube) by itself off of your power supply and see how it acts. Or just one of the blades. Whichever, you choose. If it runs steady by itself, then add another device until your issue returns.

I'm betting that your power supply doesnt have enough juice and/or isn't designed correctly to handle everything going at once. What PSU are you using exactly?
Eternity

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:16:17 PM

There might be hardware issue.

Try to use a cooler instead
scranagar

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:51:14 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 02:09:46 PM by scranagar

I had a similar issue with BE cube.
The cube (or the proxy) needs some minutes to get enough work to hash at full speed. The more work the cube gets the more power it consumes. And then the PSU switches off because of overload.
Make sure that you don´t use to much power per 12V. Even if the PSU has 1 billion watts: To much Ampere over one 12V lets the PSU reset / switch off.

Sorry for my bad english.

Cloudmining/Trade Gigahash while they mine for you: https://cex.io/r/0/scranagar/0/
Cloudmining 5-year-Contracts, only 0.0029 BTC per GHash http://pbmining.com?ref=scranagar
RedNax

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:05:08 PM

Well, i've got on v2.01 blade which wil only hash @ 6gh when... wait for it... wifi is on on my htc sensation..  Switching off the wifi on my phone and restarting the blade made it go up to the full 10gh!
cakes227

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:16:14 PM

I recently had the same issue running one cube. I fixed it by adding a secondary IP address to my proxy machine and pointing the backup pool in the cube config to that address. Check out my thread for more info  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418856.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: