Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:35:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: watch only wallet to regular wallet, please help me!  (Read 49 times)
giusecaru (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:04:10 PM

I'have alwayes kept my LTCs into a paper wallet.
In order to spend them, i have installed on a pc a desktop wallet (Electrum ltc) as i read in other forum.
I made these steps:
1 - File > New/Restore
2 - Choose the wallet name
3 - Mark "Import Litecoin address or private key"
4 - Entered a ltc prvkey and password

Maybe, heedlessly, i entered the public address instead of the prvkey, so i have a watch only wallet with my LTCs.
I have found no possibilities to get back to a spendble wallet or in the paper wallet again (at least).
Please, are there anyone can help me?
Sellingaccs

Activity: 126
Merit: 50

Ask me for Pools, Nodes and Explorers.

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:20:00 PM

Well, do you still have the paper wallet?
If yes, just repeat the same procedure with using your private key, as the private key and public key can be imported unlimited times to any client and software, and it is not just "one time use".

I suppose you still have the private key? If yes, then just open electrum, press "File" -> "New/Restore" and then the "Import litecoin addresses or private keys".

However if you do not have the private key, the LTC are lost. But you'll be fine if you do.

Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 03:09:17 PM

Could you move this topic to Development & Technical Discussion > Alternative clients > Electrum or Altcoin Discussion

Since you have entered the public key, your wallet has been a Watch Only Wallet. "Watch only Wallet" is similar to a block explorer where you can view the coins but cannot move or spend one. Check the balance of your paper wallet by entering the address in any block explorer. If the LTC is still present in the paper wallet, try uninstalling the Electrum Wallet and download a new wallet software and do as Sellingaccs said.

A wallet will act as a spendable one only if you enter the private key. Once you have installed the new wallet software click "New" and enter your private key correctly and you can spend your LTC.
giusecaru (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:05:24 AM

Hi,
I have understood what happened, i enetered my Eth-wallet prvkey instead of LTC prvkey (I have too much paper.....).
I executed what  Heisenberg_Hunter and Sellingaccs suggested me and everything is ok now.
Thank you very much.
I guess the time to buy an HW Wallet ha come.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: