Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technologies photos  (Read 7951 times)
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:24:40 PM

Quite, which is what I said at the end of the first paragraph there  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:36:37 PM

Sure I understand why people would be skeptical, but lets be frank - scrypt ASICs are coming, period. Im onboard that crucial first boat, because I understand risk/reward quite well.

I'm not sure you do. Unlike the SHA ASICs, these things are not delivering a hugely exponential increase in hashing power per dollar.
In fact you can buy a bunch of GPUs right now that will hash that much for similar money. How much coins will they mine before this vaporware ever ships? Even if it does, your main advantage is electricity usage. For electricity to be the deciding factor profitability has to be quite low already.

If you would get 100 MH for the price of 10 GPUs, then the potential reward would indeed be great. Right now, it really isn't. Not to mention, if scrypt asics come to dominate the large scrypt coins, the difficulty will skyrocket while tons of coins with a slightly different algorhitm are released. No matter how I look at this, tying up money in a scrypt asic preorder simply does not look profitable.

You don't get increased performance for your money, you get decreased power consumption. In essence you are rewarded with less of a powerbill or the ability to add more devices to your household circuit.

One may argue that graphics cards will retain their value and be easier to resell as well...

Thats in no way a dig at AT, just a matter of fact statement w.r.t. scrypt mining ASICs. You're saving will likely be in power consumption

Exactly. Taking a risk on these is friggin stupid. When they are out and SHIPPING I'll buy a bunch of them and sell off all my gpu rigs. There is zero advantage to throwing your money away 6-9 months ahead of shipping with these.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:06:04 PM

Sure I understand why people would be skeptical, but lets be frank - scrypt ASICs are coming, period. Im onboard that crucial first boat, because I understand risk/reward quite well.

I'm not sure you do. Unlike the SHA ASICs, these things are not delivering a hugely exponential increase in hashing power per dollar.
In fact you can buy a bunch of GPUs right now that will hash that much for similar money. How much coins will they mine before this vaporware ever ships? Even if it does, your main advantage is electricity usage. For electricity to be the deciding factor profitability has to be quite low already.

If you would get 100 MH for the price of 10 GPUs, then the potential reward would indeed be great. Right now, it really isn't. Not to mention, if scrypt asics come to dominate the large scrypt coins, the difficulty will skyrocket while tons of coins with a slightly different algorhitm are released. No matter how I look at this, tying up money in a scrypt asic preorder simply does not look profitable.

You don't get increased performance for your money, you get decreased power consumption. In essence you are rewarded with less of a powerbill or the ability to add more devices to your household circuit.

One may argue that graphics cards will retain their value and be easier to resell as well...

Thats in no way a dig at AT, just a matter of fact statement w.r.t. scrypt mining ASICs. You're saving will likely be in power consumption

Exactly. Taking a risk on these is friggin stupid. When they are out and SHIPPING I'll buy a bunch of them and sell off all my gpu rigs. There is zero advantage to throwing your money away 6-9 months ahead of shipping with these.

Good luck buying one...You'll be paying a 2x premium...mining devices are hotter than time machines you can't really get one unless you a) wait in line, b) wait until after its been out for a while and still pay 2x a premium.  I like the idea of gpus - but right now to buy them in the same magnitude that they match alpha's cost, would mean I would need to buy them in bulk right now at once, that isn't possible - you're looking at 6-8 weeks out if you want to buy a bulk of cards upfront (do you believe these zoomhash guys to be legit?  if so I'd buy them from here)

JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

Good luck buying one...You'll be paying a 2x premium...mining devices are hotter than time machines you can't really get one unless you a) wait in line, b) wait until after its been out for a while and still pay 2x a premium.  I like the idea of gpus - but right now to buy them in the same magnitude that they match alpha's cost, would mean I would need to buy them in bulk right now at once, that isn't possible - you're looking at 6-8 weeks out if you want to buy a bulk of cards upfront (do you believe these zoomhash guys to be legit?  if so I'd buy them from here)

Still, even by Alpha's official timeline (odds of them delivering on time?) you would have been mining several months with GPUs before you could hope to receive this ASIC. That'll take quite a while to catch up in terms of electricity. And what are the odds of them actually delivering what they are promising to build? 50/50 ? I don't think they are better than that. It still makes no sense to tie up funds for something so far away, so uncertain, and with a marginal outright gain on existing tech which has a certain residual value.

Slavboy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:00:04 PM

Some more info about them.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/alpha-technology-(int)

http://ukdata.com/company/08483921/ALPHA-TECHNOLOGY-(INT)-LTD

Very young company, it was regitred in apr 2013 by no a native British person

st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:13:00 PM

LOL
Slavboy

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:51:36 PM

I do not understund why people preorde it, they even not see working prototype, whih probobly never will be out.
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:30:36 PM

LOL
this is usual for a Ltd. here in Germany we have "1€ corporation" too
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:07:08 AM

That's funny, I've had no problem buying up dozens and dozens of gpus in the past few weeks, and with the asics, only the first wave is limited supply. Fake preorders and delays not included. Once KNC shipped the first batch, I ordered second batch units and received them on time. Not hard at all. People are too stupid with these preorders. Right now you can buy the antminers, bitmine, amt (less certain) and they are shipping at standard prices and reasonable times. The key is that you CAN'T mine bitcoin with gpus, so there is no competition. If you spent the same money on GPUs and computers and electricity as you are spending on a preorder, you will have made that back 5x before the asics ship.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:18:19 AM

Caveat Emptor.

BFL

HashFast

Avalon

-----------------

See Death & Taxes Post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3936006#msg3936006

-----------------

Review that and then think long and very very very hard about sinking money into any projects that really ask you to foot the bill for prototyping.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
donatel99

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:09:07 AM

at least they spent some money on the banner outside... dump
sase007

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:12:38 AM

LOL

You can do this in almost any country of EU...

I is helpfull for new companies - you needed +- 5000$ before to create company in fe. Czech Republic...
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:55:40 PM

Yep, seems about right. Sorry for those who lost their money to this.
volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:59:54 AM

this is a well formed ASIC presentation document. It misses a couple pieces here and there, it looks great otherwise.

Video. Looks legit to me as I have similar toys.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:09:32 AM

This is not to inspiring, I wonder what fiaz will say about this?

Has anyone brought this thread to his attention?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:15:25 AM

this is a well formed ASIC presentation document. It misses a couple pieces here and there, it looks great otherwise.

Video. Looks legit to me as I have similar toys.

i have a pre-order for a 5 mh unit...i too think they are likely legit...but to tell the truth it looks like me and my buddy scrambling to make this .....(i am clueless)

i sure would want to see some more video's then the 1 above and/or just these guys sitting down on video and giving a pep talk on there company and product

they (so far) are pretty amature hour imho

still on the fence likely to pull the plug on my preorder cash via paypal

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:06:08 PM

more bluetooth headsets please.)
stokecrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:13:38 PM

could just be the accountants office next door
aasl

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:43:48 PM

when did you go there? why is the shop closed?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
turtle83 (OP)

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:06:12 PM

when did you go there? why is the shop closed?

It wasn't me who went there, it was a friend.
The pics were taken about 10 - 30 minutes before January 10, 2014, 03:03:49 PM (op date)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: