Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:54:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Daytrading  (Read 3360 times)
kikx (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:50:34 PM

Hello Everbody,

im interested in altcoin daytrading just for fun. Do you know some tutorials espacially for daytrading altcoins without spending real money?
Im also interestet in an explaination for the charts. It would be nice if you can provide me some links that cover this topic.

Thanks in advance!
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:28:17 PM

All I can say is don't go in with more than you are willing to lose. And be patient, you will probably learn the hard way not to panic sell.
kikx (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:15:31 PM

All I can say is don't go in with more than you are willing to lose. And be patient, you will probably learn the hard way not to panic sell.

Thanks for your advice sniksen. Im mining some light and feather coins in order to transfer it in some other currencies. I dont want to spend real money and i dont think that am going to make money. I just want to see what happens and how it works aaaand if im able to make some profit.
sniksen

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:48:05 PM

I know what you mean. I mined some with my laptop and visited faucets to get free BTC and traded with all that .Got 112 worldcoin out of it so far Smiley It's not much, but good fun as you say.
onedholdings

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:27:04 PM

Hi,I've been trying a little day trading on the Cryptsy trading platform. I chose them because they had the most pairs to trade with. So far I haven't had any troubles with deposits or withdraws. It's pretty simple, they have a buy and sell box in the trade section, or your can purchase directly from the buy sell order books. Accounts are free to open only thing is you can only fund the account with Alt coins not USD, so if you have coins already you can open an account, deposit them and begin trading, or you can purchase Alt Coins independently at Coinbase or even Ebay for a premuim. There is a reward system at the trading platform,where each time you trade you earn Cryptsy points which you can convert into Bitcoins, and they also have a referral program, anyone you refer, you get a referral tip each time that person trades on the platform.  Also regarding tutorials check out youtube where you'll find many that helped get me started Hope that helps. Best of luck &  Happy New Year!
ChilledTamale

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:41:34 PM

I just have to say cryptsy is the slowest exchange I have used ever
sniksen

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:55:40 PM

Hi,I've been trying a little day trading on the Cryptsy trading platform. I chose them because they had the most pairs to trade with. So far I haven't had any troubles with deposits or withdraws. It's pretty simple, they have a buy and sell box in the trade section, or your can purchase directly from the buy sell order books. Accounts are free to open only thing is you can only fund the account with Alt coins not USD, so if you have coins already you can open an account, deposit them and begin trading, or you can purchase Alt Coins independently at Coinbase or even Ebay for a premuim. There is a reward system at the trading platform,where each time you trade you earn Cryptsy points which you can convert into Bitcoins, and they also have a referral program, anyone you refer, you get a referral tip each time that person trades on the platform.  Also regarding tutorials check out youtube where you'll find many that helped get me started Hope that helps. Best of luck &  Happy New Year!

You can't buy altcoins on coinbase, can you? You buy BTC there and wire it to cryptsy. And it's slow yeah Tongue
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:37:19 PM

Buy high at the peak of the greed spike and then when it looks like nobody is interested anymore and the value is very low, sell to get half your money back. Rinse, repeat until all money is gone. Have fun!
andreix001

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:13:08 AM

I only know demos for forex trading. It's a good training anyway...
an example is FXCM
coinnext

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:13:22 AM

You should threat it mostly very similar to as you would trade penny stocks.
GabrielKomatsu

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:51:26 AM

Bump? Any more FX or crypto trading information or personal experience would be extremely appreciated.  I can follow a coin well when it has a large popular premise but I don't understand stuff like fear and greed or how they drive the market.  In relation to that I also don't understand and I fail to see predictable patterns in currency economics relating to fear and greed that some are keen enough to exploit.  Anyone?
Morning-Star

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:16:41 AM

Probably not going to get much advice in the newbie section. IMO play around and work out your own style, I'm still working on mine.

Also keep in mind when the whole scene is going up it's hard to not make coin, but don't kid yourself into thinking that you're making coin because of your own skill.
nirom

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:54:01 AM

You might want to try using BTC-e with QT Trader, it works good for me. Not a whole lot of currency pairs, but I can move from BTC to LTC and FTC easily
ragamuff

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:04:00 AM

I tried this, but I always seem to buy just before a dump and then buyback right before the values jump up again Sad went from ~1.2BTC down to 0.4BTC just from either buying/selling at wrong time or having money as USD when there was a big jump in value.

A lot of random luck needed from what I have seen.
Timmy

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:25:16 AM

good fun  Grin
nirom

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:34:57 AM

Also BTC-e allows you to use Metatrader 4, which is a very nice forex trading platform. You can do a lot of technical analysis with charts, indicators, etc. Totally worth the free price.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:23:38 AM

Altcoins certainly hold a lot of potential for substantial gains, at least in the short term, over Bitcoin ( and Litecoin). Its simply a matter of picking the right ones. Which ones are different, really. Innovative. Catchy, even. Know when to get in and when to get out, if necessary.
They can be extremely profitable.
rkdms

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:41:50 AM

Another noob considering dipping my foot in there; finally got some btc so i've been drooling over ANTminers.. cubes.. oh the humanity!

Considering they will be able to at least be able to still mine the SHA coins for use with trading. That helps with my noob anxiety.
GabrielKomatsu

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:07:25 AM

Another noob considering dipping my foot in there; finally got some btc so i've been drooling over ANTminers.. cubes.. oh the humanity!

Considering they will be able to at least be able to still mine the SHA coins for use with trading. That helps with my noob anxiety.
I wouldn't recommend it.  I don't think there are many new SHA coins and I don't think that any developer plans on making a SHA coin.  Considering most SHA coins have been around for awhile and the difficulty is pretty high..
If anything, I'd suggest buying a few video cards and making your own rig for Scrypt mining or waiting for the Scrypt ASICs which will be very versatile and a worthwhile investment, I'm sure; since that would let you basically get rich off of any upstart (not to mention mining say Doge, StableCoins, Mega, Lotto, etc....etc)
rkdms

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:26:56 AM

Ive been doing a ton of speculating; like everyone else Smiley using sites like http://dustcoin.com/mining and http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

I imagine PPC, terracoin and whatnot should be viable with the SHA ASICs.

Have certainly considered setting up my own 1.5~mhash scrypt rig; why not both?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: