Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola and Bruce Wagner  (Read 2997 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:15:37 AM

and...? they don't proof anything, i don't know what bruce intents to do scam or not, only he knows. i don't care. bruce's time as front figure for this project is over. i don't actually care what he did, just that his bad reputation is damaging the community.
and if you people keep talking about him, and making a huge mess, instead of doing something good, bitcoin is likely to die.

Bad things do not go away by not talking about them. They try that tactic in almost every dictatorial regime and it fails time and time again.
Bitcoin does not get harmed by talking about scammers. Bitcoin gets harmed by allowing scammers to go unnoticed, unspoken of and unattacked.

It is people like Magneto who are harming bitcoin more than his so called "witch hunters".
bruce got noticed. he did harm the community.

AND now you are harming the community too, by making alot a post about bruce, so that its the first thing you see when you search "bitcoin" on google. and thats not good for the community.

true bad things does not go away, by not talking about them. BUT bruce had been talked enough about, there is nothing more to talk about. seriously i don't want to hear more about him. but i want to hear about good projects from the community.

bruce bores me. and he sucks.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:21:40 AM

AND now you are harming the community too, by making alot a post about bruce, so that its the first thing you see when you search "bitcoin" on google.

No it's not. There's nothing about Bruce on the first page of Google results for Bitcoin. The first result is bitcoin.org and second is Wikipedia. The third result is an article from The Atlantic titled "The Bitcoin Economy Is Collapsing With No Sign of Recovery". I'd probably be more worried about that one.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:25:12 AM

AND now you are harming the community too, by making alot a post about bruce, so that its the first thing you see when you search "bitcoin" on google.

No it's not. There's nothing about Bruce on the first page of Google results for Bitcoin. The first result is bitcoin.org and second is Wikipedia. The third result is an article from The Atlantic titled "The Bitcoin Economy Is Collapsing With No Sign of Recovery". I'd probably be more worried about that one.
true true. nothing YET.

but if you continue, bruce might be front page stuff on google. which is not good.

and btw. if you care to read that article, you will find it very funny, and without any proofs or arguments.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 07:25:39 AM

Oh look, another guy who is so worried his wallet.dat might drop in value that he'd rather defend a proven fraudster and hide all of it than having the truth be known.

I don't have Bitcoins atm, mining i0coins and sc (see stats Coinotron).
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:28:23 AM

I'm sure half the people defending Bruce just worry about what Google says about Bruce. I mean, really, his bills are probably due soon and he has a multi-hundred-thousand dollar judgment against him from a New York court. He needs more suckers clients to steal make some money from so he can skip town and avoid the NY court judgment against him pay the rent.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:29:34 AM

and btw. if you care to read that article, you will find it very funny, and without any proofs or arguments.

I did a while ago. It was pretty hilariously bad "journalism."

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:30:22 AM

Oh look, another guy who is so worried his wallet.dat might drop in value that he'd rather defend a proven fraudster and hide all of it than having the truth be known.

Ah ok, one of those who eagerly abandon bitcoin to go mine any other fork that gives them momentarily more profit. And you worry about what a witchhunt might do to bitcoin? It's people like you who cause more damage than anything, so gtfo.

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 08:43:08 AM

please remember that i did not say that we should ignore him, or forget about him. but use our energy on something more productive.
tell new people what bruce is, and tell people that you dislike him for being a Bad Thing for the bitcoin community. and then stop.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you know how many -OLD- people are STILL saying the court documents don't prove he ever meant to scam anyone and crap like that?
and...? they don't proof anything, i don't know what bruce intents to do scam or not, only he knows. i don't care. bruce's time as front figure for this project is over. i don't actually care what he did, just that his bad reputation is damaging the community.
and if you people keep talking about him, and making a huge mess, instead of doing something good, bitcoin is likely to die.

Dem dere Bitcoins sho' sound like a great inges... intess... monies, Paw!
wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 08:55:58 AM

Dem dere Bitcoins sho' sound like a great inges... intess... monies, Paw!

Rednecks. Because sometimes, even God can't resist kicking people when they're down.

coinonymous

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 09:55:53 AM

A witch-hunt indicates that a mob of people is trying to burn an innocent person. Bruce Wagner is not an innocent person. At least not according to a court of law.
a mob of people is not a court of law

And yet, a court of law clearly is a mob of people.   Grin
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 10:14:18 AM

A witch-hunt indicates that a mob of people is trying to burn an innocent person. Bruce Wagner is not an innocent person. At least not according to a court of law.
a mob of people is not a court of law

But not a mob of people selected by themselves Wink

You won't hear me say Bruce Wagner is innocent.
But I don't think we are the people to "hang 'm high".
wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 10:14:51 AM

But they swear an oath! That changes everything!

Oh, wait. Congress swears an oath too and look at them.

Never mind.

wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 10:17:29 AM

But not a mob of people selected by themselves Wink

You won't hear me say Bruce Wagner is innocent.
But I don't think we are the people to "hang 'm high".

You're right on that point. I'm convinced he's guilty, and there's just too much afoot for me to not have the strong opinion that the guy needs to stop trying to be the Bitcoin Jesus.

As to whether or how he's punished, that should be up to a court of law, and/or any higher power or universal force (i.e., karma) that takes an interest.

A bunch of geeks on an internet forum is apparently qualified to judge but we shouldn't be considered qualified to sentence.  Cheesy

MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 10:27:33 AM

Ah ok, one of those who eagerly abandon bitcoin to go mine any other fork that gives them momentarily more profit. And you worry about what a witchhunt might do to bitcoin? It's people like you who cause more damage than anything, so gtfo.

I didn't say I'm worried about what a witchhunt might do to Bitcoins. Don't fill in the words for me.

I did say:

Did you hear the rumor? He drinks Pepsi...

Now we better stop this witch-hunt?

I'm just mining other currencies to make profit and sell them back to Bitcoins at a later stage.
No need to sell them for Dollars atm, just collecting and wait for prices to go up Smiley

Another part I had is sold for Dollars, so I don't have BTC atm (except for a few left in my wallet).
The_Duke

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 11:08:28 AM

Ok, so you don't have bitcoins, which is why you claim to not care if bitcoin price would go down.

I didn't say I'm worried about what a witchhunt might do to Bitcoins. Don't fill in the words for me.

I did say:

Yes, to which I responded by saying you were just scared bitcoin value might drop, which you denied because you "had no bitcoins"...

just collecting and wait for prices to go up Smiley

Ah, ok, so you ARE hoping for prices to go up. As I suspected. And that is why you want the Bruce-drama to "wash away".

so I don't have BTC atm (except for a few left in my wallet).

Yeah, that is like Bruce committed no crimes (except the ones he was convicted for).

In any case:
1) You are defending a convicted criminal
2) You are just a speculator and a profiteer, the type that just dumps bitcoin as soon as he see something that is more shiny.

Why are you here to begin with?

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 11:12:47 AM

Ok, so you don't have bitcoins, which is why you claim to not care if bitcoin price would go down.

I did say:

Yes, to which I responded by saying you were just scared bitcoin value might drop, which you denied because you "had no bitcoins"...

just collecting and wait for prices to go up Smiley

Ah, ok, so you ARE hoping for prices to go up. As I suspected. And that is why you want the Bruce-drama to "wash away".

so I don't have BTC atm (except for a few left in my wallet).

Yeah, that is like Bruce committed no crimes (except the ones he was convicted for).

In any case:
1) You are defending a convicted criminal
2) You are just a speculator and a profiteer, the type that just dumps bitcoin as soon as he see something that is more shiny.

Why are you here to begin with?

Whatever pleases you.
The_Duke

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 11:15:32 AM

Whatever pleases you.

My wife pleases me Smiley

Maybe you should go out once in a while, instead of worrying about witches and hunting. The heat of your bitcoin ixcoin i0coin solidcoin mining rig is clearly affecting your brain.
I bet you're the type to scour forums all day, right?

I still think this guy is Ed.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: