Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 08:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! missing GPU after 5 hours mining in xubuntu 12.04  (Read 1194 times)
vampire1984 (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:00:20 PM

Newbie to linux mining.

i have 5 sapphire 7950 setup last night to mine ltc in xubuntu 12.04. After 6 hours mining, I believe one gpu gets crashed and xubuntu never gets recovered from the crash since now I can only see 4 graphic cards using command

sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --odgt

I also noticed that my xubuntu desktop is abnormal, since the color in the background looks like its in the middle of a crash.
Anyone can help me diagnose the issue??
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:23:29 AM

Newbie to linux mining.

i have 5 sapphire 7950 setup last night to mine ltc in xubuntu 12.04. After 6 hours mining, I believe one gpu gets crashed and xubuntu never gets recovered from the crash since now I can only see 4 graphic cards using command

I also noticed that my xubuntu desktop is abnormal, since the color in the background looks like its in the middle of a crash.
Make sure all your physical connections are solid? PCIe risers, PSU plugs, etc? Are the fans spinning?

Do a "lspci" command to see how many GPUs the system can see. Each card should show up as a VGA device, and also a separate audio device. Do you see 4 or 5 GPUs there?

If it's seen by lspci, but not aticonfig, you'll have to delete your xorg.conf and redo the config. "sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial --force". Then reboot, and see what you can see then.

If you still can't see it, try upgrading to the 13.11 beta 9.5 drivers that just came out like 2 days ago, and do all the steps above. Those drivers seem to give me the least hassle.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
vampire1984 (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:01:07 AM

Newbie to linux mining.

Make sure all your physical connections are solid? PCIe risers, PSU plugs, etc? Are the fans spinning?

Do a "lspci" command to see how many GPUs the system can see. Each card should show up as a VGA device, and also a separate audio device. Do you see 4 or 5 GPUs there?

If it's seen by lspci, but not aticonfig, you'll have to delete your xorg.conf and redo the config. "sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial --force". Then reboot, and see what you can see then.

If you still can't see it, try upgrading to the 13.11 beta 9.5 drivers that just came out like 2 days ago, and do all the steps above. Those drivers seem to give me the least hassle.

All my cards are the sapphire dual x 7950s. I ran lspci but saw one less card, but all the fans are spinning and the boost bios lights are on
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: