Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many bitcoins do you own?  (Voting closed: March 11, 2014, 06:36:52 PM)
Zero - 41 (13.5%)
Less than 10 - 139 (45.9%)
11-100 - 69 (22.8%)
101-1,000 - 24 (7.9%)
1,001-10,000 - 7 (2.3%)
10,001-100,000 - 1 (0.3%)
Greater than 1,000,000 - 22 (7.3%)
Total Voters: 303

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Poll: How many bitcoins do you own?  (Read 9991 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:34:37 PM

It seems to me, although i can be wrong, that about 90-95% of users of this forum own less than 0.5 BTC. Am I right?

Anyone can attest that?

You're probably right but there's no real way of knowing. Some very established posters often casually mention having tiny overall amounts.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:54:19 AM

It seems to me, although i can be wrong, that about 90-95% of users of this forum own less than 0.5 BTC. Am I right?

Anyone can attest that?

You're probably right but there's no real way of knowing. Some very established posters often casually mention having tiny overall amounts.

Lets say that is true and why some people are still buying bitcoin and where it gone? I think they always buy and I guess it will more than 5 btc but still they poll and said that got below 1? How to all that make sense?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:46:21 PM

Lets say that is true and why some people are still buying bitcoin and where it gone? I think they always buy and I guess it will more than 5 btc but still they poll and said that got below 1? How to all that make sense?

No idea. I was just guessing. Maybe people claim it to look cool and relevant.

I would've thought most exchange buying is just trader bots lining things up for the next move.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:18:58 PM

I'm having at least BTC 1 but in order to got that amount, I need to work for many months for it.
If only I'm know bitcoin more early...I may own a thousand bitcoin that ready to spend for these year  Grin
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:11:37 PM

No idea. I was just guessing. Maybe people claim it to look cool and relevant.

I would've thought most exchange buying is just trader bots lining things up for the next move.

Yes its true if you got like 100 bitcoin its look cool but I think you heart must be beat faster scare that if one day the price suddenly go down and you will got nothing. May be they just think like that scare to lose that much so they just convert it into their own currency
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:31:28 PM

My target is to have between 30 - 50.

I feel that would be a good position to be in.

I am not there yet unfortunately!!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3235

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:47:35 PM

This is a 2014 poll. Why are people still answering it half-way through 2015?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 11:15:21 AM

why?
i do not know,perhaps because it is free (lol)

BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:52:36 PM

If your target is to having this 30-50 bitcoin only from buying I guess that is quite easy to get but its better for you to play a lot of trading, signature campaign, gambling or anything that can increase your own bitcoin without spend your own fiat. You can do saving and investing both of it so it will be like hit 2 birds with 1 rock  Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:17:58 PM

If your target is to having this 30-50 bitcoin only from buying I guess that is quite easy to get but its better for you to play a lot of trading, signature campaign, gambling or anything that can increase your own bitcoin without spend your own fiat.

Sig campaigns yes. Trading is best left to those with wills of iron and years of experience. Trying to make money out of gambling is an overwhelmingly pisspoor idea.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:40:56 PM

If your target is to having this 30-50 bitcoin only from buying I guess that is quite easy to get but its better for you to play a lot of trading, signature campaign, gambling or anything that can increase your own bitcoin without spend your own fiat. You can do saving and investing both of it so it will be like hit 2 birds with 1 rock  Grin

Yes this is only from buying. I am not a gambler as such so I believe that would be a bad choice for me.

Trading I am not experienced with either. I earn a pretty good living so in my situation I'll leave the gambling to the lucky ones and the trading to the experiences ones with more time than myself.

I'm sure a lot of people tell me I am mad but I'll keep buying when I can until I reach my goal ......or it gets to expensive to stack anymore.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:42:19 PM

Also I am not sure I post enough for sig campaign.

Thanks
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:56:05 PM

Why does it matter? OP should remove the year date as the question is not time or year related.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:46:40 AM

If your target is to having this 30-50 bitcoin only from buying I guess that is quite easy to get but its better for you to play a lot of trading, signature campaign, gambling or anything that can increase your own bitcoin without spend your own fiat. You can do saving and investing both of it so it will be like hit 2 birds with 1 rock  Grin

Yes this is only from buying. I am not a gambler as such so I believe that would be a bad choice for me.

Trading I am not experienced with either. I earn a pretty good living so in my situation I'll leave the gambling to the lucky ones and the trading to the experiences ones with more time than myself.

I'm sure a lot of people tell me I am mad but I'll keep buying when I can until I reach my goal ......or it gets to expensive to stack anymore.

You can learn trading and there are so many people will guide you in the right path. If you just buying like this you will waste all your fiat and it is good when the price go higher your value is raise too but how about if the price is drop? You are just wasting your money right? So better you stop spending your fiat and try to learn about trading
rjclarke2000
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:02:56 AM

If your target is to having this 30-50 bitcoin only from buying I guess that is quite easy to get but its better for you to play a lot of trading, signature campaign, gambling or anything that can increase your own bitcoin without spend your own fiat. You can do saving and investing both of it so it will be like hit 2 birds with 1 rock  Grin

You can learn trading and there are so many people will guide you in the right path. If you just buying like this you will waste all your fiat and it is good when the price go higher your value is raise too but how about if the price is drop? You are just wasting your money right? So better you stop spending your fiat and try to learn about trading

Who teaches trading?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:13:56 AM

Who teaches trading?

there are numerous free online guide, don't pay anyone for it, but you also need in the end some serious experience, that can only be acquired on the field, and because of this you will lose a good amount at the beginning for sure, if you are willing to do all that then you are ready to trade

but only afford what you can lose

it's better to reach your goal(how many bitcoin you want) by accumulating slowly with risk free methods, imho
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:17:01 PM

I own some BTC15 as of now, after converting some BTC10 to fiat during the last few weeks. Started collecting them in 2012, when the coins were dirt cheap. But lost a major part of my stash in some scams. And now I am neck deep in debt, so I need to convert a part of my coins to fiat. In the next few weeks, I might covert a few more of my coins to fiat.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:47:21 PM

I own some BTC15 as of now, after converting some BTC10 to fiat during the last few weeks. Started collecting them in 2012, when the coins were dirt cheap. But lost a major part of my stash in some scams. And now I am neck deep in debt, so I need to convert a part of my coins to fiat. In the next few weeks, I might covert a few more of my coins to fiat.

sorry to hear you have to do this to make end meet.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:47:31 PM

Who teaches trading?

There a infinite of source out there and there is so many free online guide that is useful like amph said and you need to be active in this forum too to get some useful source. Just searching for everthing that correspond to bitcoin and if you are not understand you can make your own thread and asking for help in this forum. I think in this forum everybody want to help since they got paid too by signature campaingn  Grin

there are numerous free online guide, don't pay anyone for it, but you also need in the end some serious experience
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:18:29 PM

Most people selling TA advice are making a living from those e-books, speeches courses or whatever, rather than by doing TA themselves, that's the catch.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: