Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Primecoin GPU miner private sale  (Read 4655 times)
btcinvest (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:03:26 PM

As some of you may know, recently there has been several break-thru in GPU mining for several CPU coins, such as Protoshares, Quark etc...

This got me interested in developing a GPU miner for Primecoin, and after spending much time on it, I have done it, I have developed a GPU miner for Primecoin. The performance is about 8-10 times of a similarly priced CPU. My single AMD R9 270 gets 4.5 chains/day, compared to a i7 4770k only 0.6 chains/day

I don't own a GPU mining farm, therefore I'd like to recoup my development time cost by distributing this GPU miner to any interested person, with a cost.

The cost is 1 BTC

The miner binary will be distributed to buyers, but no source will be provided. Also the miner will be IP restricted, so you can't easily distribute to others.

Purchase procedure:
1. send 1 BTC to 1Mh5oXgXwRnd4AMr2wXimKtN4Fp8utiwnh  (you should include your forum id with your transaction if you could)
2. PM me your transaction, please do so immediately after you sent the transaction, so no other person can claim your transaction.
3. with the PM, please give me the external IP address your miners will be mining from, and I will compile a version with this IP address just for you.
4. if you need to change the IP address later, PM me again.

I will open source this GPU miner after 3 months, so you have 3 months to mine exclusively using GPU (along with any other buyer).
Anacronix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

the cake is a lie

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:07:27 PM

While some may think it is not expensive , most of us wouldn't spend 1 btc on this . I think that in the long term you would benefit more if you implement some kind of mining fee (reasonable % of coins going to you) into software and give it for free.
btcinvest (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:18:22 PM

While some may think it is not expensive , most of us wouldn't spend 1 btc on this . I think that in the long term you would benefit more if you implement some kind of mining fee (reasonable % of coins going to you) into software and give it for free.

With a single rig of four R9 270, you can get 40 XPM per day, you will make your investment back in a week.
mikeybit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:25:59 PM

With a single rig of four R9 270, you can get 40 XPM per day, you will make your investment back in a week.

If you what you're selling is actually true....
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 07:30:16 PM

buy some account with more posts, or use your real account, then maybe some ppl would believe you
btcinvest (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:31:55 PM

first copy has been sold, transaction has confirmed at my address, the buyer wish to remain anonymous.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:34:31 PM

first copy has been sold, transaction has confirmed at my address, the buyer wish to remain anonymous.

Why wouldn't you urge the "buyer" to vet/confirm on here for your sake?

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
btcinvest (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:37:59 PM

I did, but the buyer do not wish to reveal his identity here.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:06:44 PM

I did, but the buyer do not wish to reveal his identity here.

shocker

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:55:52 PM

I volunteer my services to verify. I have like... the worst hardware so I can definitely test it and will post my review for free! Wink

I will test with an i7 compared to a gtx560. I will even go the extra mile and post a picture of my hash rates! WHOAAAAA

Who is this guy out of left field offering his services like a gentleman?! I am exactly that sir. A gentleman offering his assistance to a fellow forum member in need of some guidance. Contact me posthaste!

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:36:42 PM

So why do you sell it? Buy 2 R9 270 for 1btc and start. You will make your investmet back in a week.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Supercomputing

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:23:59 PM

@btcinvest

Are you sure you even know how to mine Primecoins? Your numbers do not even make sense.  Grin

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:28:17 PM

@btcinvest

Are you sure you even know how to mine Primecoins? Your numbers do not even make sense.  Grin

Agree! He somehow doesn't know how to calculate with the profits. 4.5 chains/day with R9 270. 4xR9 270 get you 18 chains/day which could yield for you at least 120XPM/day = 0.5 BTC (roughly).
So 1BTC is too cheap for this. Why don't you charge 10BTC or 20BTC?
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:32:43 PM

Did he put his phone number in the transaction?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 12:33:38 AM

Windows binary or Linux binary?

Additionally, if you are willing to use escrow...

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
kbhutto

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:27:08 AM

Can you post few screenshots?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:10:10 AM

Still too good to be true. Will wait for a proper review from a trusted source.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:06:09 AM

I think this is scam... 4.5 CPD for today very much power, top CPU have only 0.2-0.3 CPD..... SCAM!
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 08:17:55 AM

Lets Use Escrow, You have the power to control IP so if i will not pay you you could control my IP or close my service but if i will pay you in advance what will be guarantee that you are telling truth? Can you come in this point? I will get it so i will use atleast 6 Hrs then i will relese fund.
I believe every member will love this Idea.

aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:30:45 AM

I'm up for a test and/or escrow. I got a whole bunch v GPUs so I can test and give proper results
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: