Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 593 times)
blindprophet (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:13:22 PM

Hey guys.  I am new to all this crypto currency jazz.  I have already learned quite a bit by lurking here and a few other places.  I bought a usb block erupter just to try and figure things out.  It has been pretty fun playing with all the different pools and different coins.  I also have done a little bit of scrypt mining for dogecoins.  I think it's going to be a fun hobby.  I wish I had got into it a year ago when I first heard of bitcoin. 
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:59:51 PM

I bought 1BTC at 100$, should have bought more Tongue Next Friday I am getting my rig, I am soo exited! It will be my first opportunity to really mine scrypt. IF you want free BTC you can check out my links. It is not much, but you can trade them for altcoins.
Qoelet

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:02:26 PM

Hello!

Just making the necessary posts before I'm let loose on the rest of the forum!

Strange necessity but there you go...
bok

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:34:19 PM

Hello!

Just making the necessary posts before I'm let loose on the rest of the forum!

Strange necessity but there you go...

Yes, I agree.
I'm an old user. But only used to read.
Now i've created this account, because i would like to sync it with my btcjam account.
And I wanted to use another username, this forum doesn't allow you to change it.

Best Regards,

Emiel
CiaIgle

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:47:53 AM

Another newby needing to post  Grin

I've been checking about cryptocoins and found this forum. I started my first mining on Quarks, and would like to know any opinions about that.

BTC I guess are hard to obtain and so far I am not willing to invest real $$ in virtual coins (hope not to regret later).

Kind regards
Sensorii

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:53:54 AM

I've been a Coin Crusader for a while and very excited for the possibilities of these new technologies.  I'm an Elvish Tech Wizard from an Ancient Future; a visionary, a scientist, a programmer, and audio/vizual artist.  I co-develop and design HiveWare to support the functions within our Collective Human Organism.  OpenSource orientation.... freeeedom!  I've mined coins and have developing projects in that realm.  I'm excited about MasterCoin and I like PrimeCoin.  DogeCoin was silly but for a moment was good for alt-coin mining for BTC and funny to see CAT/DOGE on some exchanges.  In my reality, I see the rate of Synchronistic Synergy increasing to some point in the future where "random" will no longer work for distributed tech and that's OK because our journey to that point buys us time to get to a place where we won't need the technology........ ..... ... .. . .
FairyTales

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:21:12 AM

Hey guys.  I am new to all this crypto currency jazz.  I have already learned quite a bit by lurking here and a few other places.  I bought a usb block erupter just to try and figure things out.  It has been pretty fun playing with all the different pools and different coins.  I also have done a little bit of scrypt mining for dogecoins.  I think it's going to be a fun hobby.  I wish I had got into it a year ago when I first heard of bitcoin. 

Just a friendly perspective! I believe that is exactly what the people will be saying during 2015. Believe me I have said my share of the same things haha!

It is always best to only focus on the things you can affect, that being the present (and indirectly the future due to focusing on the present)

Now is always your time.

I will see you next year at awesome All Time highs!  Kiss
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:23:51 AM

Welcome to the wild wild west Smiley

jacknb1ack

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:49:22 AM

+1

thanks for the given opportunity to make a post here ...

but since i am new too, i can't give much ...
nocare

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:56:08 AM

Welcome Cheesy

I myself have lurked here for YEARS haha.
I finally dove in a few months. Bought one bitcoin and traded my way to 3. Sold one recently, so the investment has more than paid for itself.
I'm a programmer, and have been focusing my efforts on crypto related things.
Though.. not a coin, I've got really no interest in that.

Best of luck all, I'm just finally deciding to post here Cheesy
retrogeek

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:01:39 PM

'Nother newbie here.

Been mining with Erupters and a Ztex board since about July - like everyone else I wish I had paid more attention when I started looking at bitcoin a couple of years ago

It's great fun watching my blinkenlights - and gives me an excuse to mess about with some hardware again. Love it!
HeWhoBytesBits

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:38:47 PM

New too.

And the only reason I'm posting is because I wanted to help another guy in one of the other forums.
Hope I will still be in time to help him out...
Restrictions, ok. But sometimes... (a little to much?)

Regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: