Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:43:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a programmer  (Read 967 times)
Cryptolator (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:23:15 PM

I am looking for someone that could create a software in Visual Studio 2013.

The purpose of the software is to create a full page of sticker with Bitcoin Minikey (Private Key) and 8 first character of the Public Key underneath.

That would make a 78 Private and 78 Public sticker sheet.

Then another sheet would be printed with the 78 Complete Public Key and create a txt file with them to store on the computer (Only the public key, not the private, the private must be only printed and never stored anywhere).

The sheet used is the format OL32 - 0.5" Circle Labels

Sample of the first page result - https://mega.co.nz/#!kBJQQQrS!cK2MdH9o4gJl__t9wY-qgxyb4YdeqYyyZDKGT__YrCI
The model of OL32 - 0.5" Circle Labels - https://mega.co.nz/#!YdAQ1TZA!EzuE5llR9Ql-L205ksdOlwBI1NM0jGjQfZOD_ILE2Gc

I’ll do the UI part, so you can do a really simple UI.

Tell me your price, if it fit my budget, we will do the transaction publicly, I can pay in Bitcoin or Paypal.

If anyone is interested and have the ability to do it, feel free to reply in this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agorism

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:42:07 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 09:56:58 PM by agorism

I am willing to work on this with you, but I have no way to run Visual Studio as I do not have Windows.
I am fairly certain that all of this can be done with python and imageMagick.
I have written scripts to automatically cut/paste .png files in various ways before.

If I have to install windows, it will cost at least 1 bitcoin.

If we can do this using python and imageMagick, then I will do it for 0.1 bitcoin.

Are you sure that you want a private key, and not a QR code? I could put a little QR code on each sticker if you wanted.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:15:51 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:25:43 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:35:23 PM

I am willing to work on this with you, but I have no way to run Visual Studio as I do not have Windows.
I am fairly certain that all of this can be done with python and imageMagick.
I have written scripts to automatically cut/paste .png files in various ways before.

If I have to install windows, it will cost at least 1 bitcoin.

If we can do this using python and imageMagick, then I will do it for 0.1 bitcoin.

Are you sure that you want a private key, and not a QR code? I could put a little QR code on each sticker if you wanted.

I could give you access to a virtual machine running Windows 8.1 with Visual Studio 2013 already installed, that is not a problem for me !
I really want it to be in VS.net so I can modify it easily.

I do prefer Minikey Private Key over QR code, maybe I could have an option to print either QR or Minikey, but for now it's not a necessity.

Your price is really good, hope it can work out, I could give you a bit more if it is perfect.

Thanks for you interest ! Smiley
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:40:21 PM

@agorism: He actually never asked to put the private key on any of the stickers.

@Cryptolator: I could do this for you - I would say we create a Visual Studio based Windows-Forms application that let's you design those stickers semiautomatically: Meaning you specify all the data and a sticker layout is generated.
Then you will be able to select your printer ... most likely it will be some kind of thermo-printer using sticker templates. As we would work directly with the drivers we would not need to bother about the exact sticker page on the user end. So whether its one 78x78 sheet or one continuous roll of single stickers (which should be the most common way to print out labelling stickers) should make no difference - the application would automatically set things up and print out a predefined number of stickers.

However I could by no means beat the price of the poster above me. For earning 0,10 BTC i usually need around one hour (of drinking coffee) at my regular job.

In fact the private key will be on the sticker but in Minikey format.

You seem to have the qualification, and we'll see what agorism has to say.
On your side, how much would you need to make it happen ?

I don't want to close any door...

Thanks for the interest ! Smiley
agorism

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:55:44 AM

So far I have made a program which generates the mini-keys, and it puts them in circles.
The rows have this many letters in the circle: 4, 7, 8, 7, 4
And the next row of circles has the first 10 letters of the public key.

Now I just need to make the second page, which contains all the public keys.

Running the software currently requires python and imageMagick. I used these tools in a replaceable way, so that I can replace them with whatever tools you are interested in, without sacrificing software.

How should I go about giving the software to you?
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:46:38 AM

So far I have made a program which generates the mini-keys, and it puts them in circles.
The rows have this many letters in the circle: 4, 7, 8, 7, 4
And the next row of circles has the first 10 letters of the public key.

Now I just need to make the second page, which contains all the public keys.

Running the software currently requires python and imageMagick. I used these tools in a replaceable way, so that I can replace them with whatever tools you are interested in, without sacrificing software.

How should I go about giving the software to you?

I want it in VS.net, I don't know python at all.
I can give you access via RDP, Teamviewer, Ammyy or VNC
agorism

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:54:34 AM

Is this how it is supposed to look?
https://mega.co.nz/#!ulhQVJAK!NKROvHUSCaK2-HDCbIOt914hQeIYupe9wR2bWgLHQ4k

I guess I will try VNC? What info do you give me so I can connect to you through VNC?
Usually I just SSH into the other computer.

Maybe my python will surprise you? it is only 100 lines, and every important constant is defined at the very top.
You can change everything you want about the program just by changing the constants at the top.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:03:48 AM

I guess I will try VNC? What info do you give me so I can connect to you through VNC?

Maybe my python will surprise you? it is only 100 lines, and every important constant is defined at the very top.
You can change everything you want about the program just by changing the constants at the top.

I'll be home in about 2 hours, I'll give you all the info, will you still be awake ?
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:22:00 AM

BTW that is what it should look like, ill try with my printer when I get home ! Wink
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:34:59 AM

I've just tested the temp.png you sent me and it's right on spot.
Look at your Inbox
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:48:04 AM

The current size of the PNG is 35,417inches x 45,833inches in 72dpi, the right aspect would have to be 8,5inches x 11inches in 300dpi
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:52:28 AM

You should also use a Writing monospaced font like "Courier" to make it look cleaner.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:21:24 PM

Thanks to agorism for making this nice software.

Payment sent.

Everybody is happy ! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: