Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whazup!  (Read 538 times)
akuma6099 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:08:39 PM

Whatup miners and ops. I've been lurking around for awhile and I finally created an account to join the fun here. I usually don't post unless I have relevant important info. I'm pretty good at researching so I usually don't have many questions to ask. If I find the answer then I will say something and help out others. That's what makes the world better right? Other than that I am a miner, programmer, electronics enthusiast, and more. I enjoy the constant modding and recompiling to get that perfect solution. I tried digging into some source for all these different coins and whew is that alot of code. Most of it seems to be cloned from coin to coin. I've setup my own personal pushpool and stratum for BQC and WDC. BQC doesn't support getblocktemplate yet so thats depressing. I am trying to incorporate vardiff and stratum into the BQC daemon but nothings concrete so far. I run 4 small rigs and plan on expanding like the rest of the population. Well that about sums it up. I could keep going on a tangent but I'll save it for later  Grin
Itzsoez

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:18:57 PM

worldcoin wallet is updating the blocks very slowly and some times it gets stuck. Do you know if there's a faster way to download the blocks?
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:05:11 PM

Close it and open it again. You are using the new version, with blue interface?
Itzsoez

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:17:42 PM

Yes. I'm using the latest version.
akuma6099 (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:27:19 AM

Talk about thread hijacking Smiley Just kidding! I too have ran into this recently. In fact, my linux box will not find any peers available. I've tried swapping libboost around (1.46/1.48) recompiling the latest...same problem. I found a user who was kind enough to setup 3 boxes to help speed this up. add this to your worldcoin.conf:

addnode=198.58.124.238
addnode=106.186.118.114
addnode=212.71.239.66

Just be kind enought to remove them once your all caught up so other people can benefit the same. The true issue is port forwarding related. Port 11081 needs to be forwarded or the coind needs to be compiled with UPNP support.

Thanks go to NutNut here: http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/741-wdc-is-a-joke/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: