Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Been over a month since my account was hacked. No reply from mods :(  (Read 109 times)
DeathEscaped2 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:14:54 PM

I sent cyprus mail on 4 april and theymos on 21 april but neither of them have responded..
Anything else i can do to get my account back?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WelshOnTheRoad

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:28:07 PM

No, you can message them periodically for a friendly reminder just in case they missed it. Other than that you'll just have yo wait. Several members have been waiting for 6+ months.

When I say periodically I mean roughly every 2 weeks to a month.
DeathEscaped2 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:28:54 PM

No, you can message them periodically for a friendly reminder just in case they missed it. Other than that you'll just have yo wait. Several members have been waiting for 6+ months.

The pinned post specifically says one message only Sad
WelshOnTheRoad

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:42:39 PM

The pinned post specifically says one message only Sad

Hilariousandco has also suggested sending them a reminder every so often. Its not uncommon for them to miss messages since they get a lot every day.

As long as you aren't pestering them every day it shouldn't be a problem. Especially since other users have followed this advice and got their account recovered.

If you want to steer of the side of caution send them a message 3 months later and don't send any more after that and just wait patiently.

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:49:15 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 07:00:42 PM by mdayonliner

Seeing you post history of this account what I understand is, you have not yet sent any link of your signed bitcoin address of your hacked account.

And this ensures me that, you actually never singed any address and stacked it in the Stake your Bitcoin address here. In this case it will be very hard (almost impossible to prove) for you to recover your hacked account.

One tiny hope could be...
If anywhere you posted any BTC address from your hacked account then find it. Tell someone to quote it to secure the address so that the hacker can not remove it completely, also take an archive.is snapshot as well. Then find a way to sign that btc address and finally try to convince any mod or admin to recover your original account.

I sent cyprus mail on 4 april and theymos on 21 april but neither of them have responded..

cyprus? I remember hilariousandco hilariousetc was making fun of this few days or weeks ago. Are you the same guy?  Grin

Then contact either theymos or Cyprus cyrus with any info/proof you can, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Even accounts with valid signed messages aren't getting restored right now so the chance of them taking the time to look into this is very low. If you can sign a message with the address above you will have a much better chance.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
DeathEscaped2 (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:41:16 AM

Seeing you post history of this account what I understand is, you have not yet sent any link of your signed bitcoin address of your hacked account.

And this ensures me that, you actually never singed any address and stacked it in the Stake your Bitcoin address here. In this case it will be very hard (almost impossible to prove) for you to recover your hacked account.

One tiny hope could be...
If anywhere you posted any BTC address from your hacked account then find it. Tell someone to quote it to secure the address so that the hacker can not remove it completely, also take an archive.is snapshot as well. Then find a way to sign that btc address and finally try to convince any mod or admin to recover your original account.

cyprus? I remember hilariousandco hilariousetc was making fun of this few days or weeks ago. Are you the same guy?  Grin

Then contact either theymos or Cyprus cyrus with any info/proof you can, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Even accounts with valid signed messages aren't getting restored right now so the chance of them taking the time to look into this is very low. If you can sign a message with the address above you will have a much better chance.

I figured out how to do the signing thing before i sent either of them a message and used the proper format when messaging then.
Ill try messaging them once more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: