Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:08:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK PEOPLE! WHERE DO YOU CASH OUT / PURCHASE FROM!  (Read 620 times)
Knocks (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:30:42 AM

Hello my fellow Bitcoin nerds.

I have a problem, I'm still slightly troubled on where to cash out.

I made a thread on here requesting UK Bank Transfer only and recieved 3-4 PM's from people with broken English which were obviously not from the UK and trying to scam me......

I don't really want to have to set up a LocalBitcoin selling account just to sell 1 BTC here 1 BTC there.... hassle!?!

I wouldn't mind purchasing bullion if the site was reputable and in the UK!

I dream of a site like CoinBase but like the UK..

So... where should I go if I don't want to be scammed and recieve funds in my bank account!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:37:26 AM

The UK is a shocking backwater compared to most places for Bitcoin exchange.

Bitstamp will be pretty rapid but the money goes through two currency changes, albeit with a good exchange rate at their end.

Bittylicious is keen for sellers and it seems to be less hassle than localbitcoins overall. I think we may be in for a fairly lengthy wait for something that just works.

bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:38:18 AM

localbitcoins always works a charm for me. Never had any problems. Funds deposited straight to your bank account.
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:39:34 AM

localbitcoins tends to have lovely UK prices, sucks to buy but great for cashing out.  There's normally a reputable buyer on no matter what time of day.
Knocks (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:46:12 AM

I'll have to take a look at the buyers on LocalBitcoins, I'll probably go with someone with good feedback.

Is there any fee's I have to pay to sell? I'd rather split it down to 100 quid transactions since UK-BT is free a nd instant!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:17:34 AM

seems us brits dont know about these two:

bitbargain.co.uk

ibwt.co.uk

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:32:14 AM

I'd say find a trusted member on this forum and trade with them - just beware of the incredible number of scammers out there!
Knocks (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

I ended up using LocalBitcoins, I didn't know it was so easy!

I used 2-3 sellers instead of going balls to the wall with one and got all 3 payments!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: