Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project Canceled] 'AN VERITAS, AN NIHIL' - Canceled.  (Read 1051 times)
killyou73

Activity: 504
Merit: 185

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:41:55 PM

I'm sorry I think we all jumped on the bandwagon here, 
dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 441

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:01:13 PM

Hi Frank

You gave it a try and it didn't quite work out.  I do think the purchase price was a little bit high and the design wasn't quite in the crypto ballpark but, if it's a passion just keep trying, all the best Smiley

D
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 295

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:50:42 PM

Frank, while the feedback here may seem harsh, I hope you keep coming back with more releases.  The community here can be very vocal and critical, but that's because there are so many copycats and scammers in the crypto world and we've all been burned.  There is a hyper awareness to anything that might be "off" because these coins may one day be holding millions of dollars in value.  There is such a ridiculous degree of trust involved in crypto that every aspect of these products will be scrutinized (and it doesn't matter whether you made the keys, whether they intended to be funded ,etc). 

It seems you have taken the criticism well and so I hope to see you back here with more interesting releases Smiley

I really do appreciate that.  Thank you for taking the time to share all of your positive thoughts.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:50:59 PM

Hi Frank

You gave it a try and it didn't quite work out.  I do think the purchase price was a little bit high and the design wasn't quite in the crypto ballpark but, if it's a passion just keep trying, all the best Smiley

D

Thank you.  We will see what the future holds.

Best,

Frank
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:32:18 PM

Nice catch @teeGUMES! Here is a combined collage to make the comparison easier:

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:22:47 PM

If anyone is photoshop skilled I would like to see the two images I pulled from google images turned greyscale to see just how similar it is to the coin mockup.
I wouldn't have continued on this path but reading the bullshit "this is artistry" post made by frankbitcoin it further piqued my interest.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:28:46 PM

It's not a 'catch' of anything.  It was clearly stated in the original post:

"This coin features artwork that was originally created by Elihu Vedder in 1896.  The artwork is on display in the halls of the Library of Congress."

teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:59:32 PM

If anyone is photoshop skilled I would like to see the two images I pulled from google images turned greyscale to see just how similar it is to the coin mockup.
I wouldn't have continued on this path but reading the bullshit "this is artistry" post made by frankbitcoin it further piqued my interest.

Nevermind found those on google aswell. Just trying to wrap my head around your earlier reply and bolded points below. Transparency is all we ask from coinmakers on this forum, you cant really pull the wool over our eyes here. A lot of us have been in the game for a lot longer than you think.
You're right that it was not a "catch".. rather nobody actually thought that you took the EXACT art and just combined it with some text and considered it worth $800-$900 USD.
You should have provided links to Elihu Vedder's wikipedia page, explained this man a little more to us and had proper links to his paintings. You did not do your due diligence on this piece and this is why you were called out and in the end the project to be cancelled. ( No one straight up was an asshole, we were mainly hinting that your price point is undeserved as a first time coin creator )

-snip-
How do you know that we are not taking a loss, as well, on this project?
-snip-
the charge for our designer to prepare the artwork
-snip-
there's a ton that goes into the cost of this as well as many of our projects - many of which can easily be overlooked when you're not fully aware of the entire cost of said project.

frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:09:10 PM

If you thought that we created this artwork, that was your own assumption.  I clearly stated who's work it was and that we were wanting to offer it onto a coin.  Plenty of 'due diligence' was done.

You were not the reason we canceled the project.  We were already considering canceling it prior to your comment.  It's fairly difficult to move forward with minting a coin with only 20 reservations (for a coin to be minted at a quantity of 75).  But you are probably already aware of this.  Right?

There's no reason to go on and on.

You didn't like the idea of putting this art onto a coin.  I get it.

Some people did like the idea.

At the end of the day, we decided not to move forward with the project.  Now you're going to continue on and act as I've we've misrepresented something in this thread when, in reality, we never did.

I don't need to cite wikipedia pages for the artist lol.  I gave his name - hence why you were able to find it.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:23:51 PM

If you thought that we created this artwork, that was your own assumption.  I clearly stated who's work it was and that we were wanting to offer it onto a coin.  Plenty of 'due diligence' was done.

You were not the reason we canceled the project.  We were already considering canceling it prior to your comment.  It's fairly difficult to move forward with minting a coin with only 20 reservations (for a coin to be minted at a quantity of 75).  But you are probably already aware of this.  Right?

There's no reason to go on and on.

You didn't like the idea of putting this art onto a coin.  I get it.

Some people did like the idea.

At the end of the day, we decided not to move forward with the project.  Now you're going to continue on and act as I've we've misrepresented something in this thread when, in reality, we never did.

I don't need to cite wikipedia pages for the artist lol.  I gave his name - hence why you were able to find it.

You're right.. you dont need to but as an artist you'd think you would have enough respect for someone that led the way for you to be able to do what you do today. Anyway I'm done with you. Going to commission one of these cancelled pieces to be done by killyou72 and his dremel.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:39:44 PM

Locking the thread now since the project has been canceled.

Thank you to those who showed interest as well as to those who offered constructive criticism. 

Best,

Frank
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: