Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of top Bitcoin Laundries. Please contribute.  (Read 6806 times)
FordHonda (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 09:13:55 PM

http://app.bitlaundry.com/ (commission 5%)
http://bitcoinlaundry.com/ (5%)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buttcoin1

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 12:28:01 AM

What are the point of these?
Benminnn

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:35:34 AM

This is in no way shady in any way, shape or form, and exactly the kind of thing we should be promoting with bitcoin.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:51:48 AM

What are the point of these?

Money laundering.

They should all be on this list: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Financial_Services
Richard Rahl

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 02:16:08 AM

This is in no way shady in any way, shape or form, and exactly the kind of thing we should be promoting with bitcoin.

I completely agree.

Bitcoin already has enough bad press. There is no reason illegal operations should be allowed free reign on the main forum for Bitcoins.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:04:09 AM

There is no reason illegal operations should be allowed free reign on the main forum for Bitcoins.

So you believe that if I were to simply use this mixing service by sending some of my coins to it and receiving those back that I would be committing a crime?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

echris1

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:07:31 AM

If all they are doing is sending bitcoins from different addresses, why not just do this yourself?  It isn't too hard to setup a few different wallets and send coins back and forth between them at random. 

I mean, maybe I'm missing something here, but 5% plus transaction fee adds up to a lot for something you can do yourself.
bitconformist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:47:16 AM

Wonder how many coins from mybitcoin will go through something like this.
Richard Rahl

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:55:41 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2011, 04:12:20 AM by Richard Rahl

There is no reason illegal operations should be allowed free reign on the main forum for Bitcoins.

So you believe that if I were to simply use this mixing service by sending some of my coins to it and receiving those back that I would be committing a crime?

If you live in any country where a GPU capable of realistically mining Bitcoins isn't the same price as your house...

The answer is: Yes. It is VERY illegal. You're looking at some serious prison time.

If you've ever heard of the "Mob" or the "Mafia", that's one of their biggest businesses. It's why they own so many businesses such as Strip Clubs, Restaurants, etc. etc. If the FBI ever intervenes into Bitcoins, the reason will be because of Money Laundering.

Quote from: Wiki
Money laundering has been criminalized in the United States since the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986. That legislation, contained at section 1956 of Title 18 of the United States Code, prohibits individuals from engaging in a financial transaction with proceeds that were generated from certain specific crimes, known as “specified unlawful activities” (SUAs). Additionally, the law requires that an individual specifically intend in making the transaction to conceal the source, ownership or control of the funds. There is no minimum threshold of money, nor is there the requirement that the transaction succeed in actually disguising the money. Moreover, a “financial transaction” has been broadly defined, and need not involve a financial institution, or even a business. Merely passing money from one person to another, so long as it is done with the intent to disguise the source, ownership, location or control of the money, has been deemed a financial transaction under the law. However, the lone possession of money without either a financial transaction or an intent to conceal is not a crime in the United States

According to the records compiled by the United States Sentencing Commission, in 2009, the United States Department of Justice typically convicted a little over 81,000 people; of this, approximately 800 are convicted of money laundering as the primary or most serious charge

The fact the community seems to condone such activities, even making stickies with services, does not help. It is in fact very serious and very illegal in any industrialized country. By continuing to condone such, you're helping Bitcoins with bad press and helping bring the attention of the authorities to something that is in no way illegal. If things like this continue, trust me..... government intervention will be imminent.

Personally, I don't want to see that happen. I am not one to invest any serious amount of money into Bitcoins, I am however a Software Developer and have been investing a very large amount of my free time. I don't want to see it be all for naught. 
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 04:18:16 AM

Either these services will be made illegal, or Bitcoin as a whole will be made illegal.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
mutley89

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 05:55:36 AM

Isn't it the whole point of bitcoin to make it easier to transfer money without requiring permission from any government?
DiaperedDynamo

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:07:08 AM

If all they are doing is sending bitcoins from different addresses, why not just do this yourself?  It isn't too hard to setup a few different wallets and send coins back and forth between them at random. 

I mean, maybe I'm missing something here, but 5% plus transaction fee adds up to a lot for something you can do yourself.
Wouldn't you be able to do it with just two wallets and a bunch of different addresses? One wallet and a bunch of addresses (never tried this)?
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:08:40 AM

Isn't it the whole point of bitcoin to make it easier to transfer money without requiring permission from any government?
Yes, and that's why I support Laundering.

Actually, I used the http://app.bitlaundry.com/ to spread 1 BTC out using http://btc-fortune.com/ over 1 day.
This gave me more chances to win without hitting 1 bet after another.

NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:18:20 AM

Yes, and that's why I support Laundering.

Actually, I used the http://app.bitlaundry.com/ to spread 1 BTC out using http://btc-fortune.com/ over 1 day.

lol you must hate bitcoin ... using laundering services to gamble ... That's like putting a big old sign up saying - Hey Gov's please make our lives miserable....  love the irony of it all though...
There is nothing wrong with gambling.
Maybe you're confused?

Also, I'm not using the laundering service for making my transactions anonymous...I'm using it to spread 1 BTC over 1 day.

mikegogulski

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 10:29:26 AM

I used the http://app.bitlaundry.com/ to spread 1 BTC out using http://btc-fortune.com/ over 1 day.

Have I mentioned, lately, how much I love you, SIR?

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:40:37 PM

In case you guys haven't noticed it, high-ranking government officials like Charles Schumer already consider Bitcoin to be a tool for money laundering. These services simply automate what any user can do himself.

We can pretty please people to not do this all we want, but they're gonna - it's cash. If you support Bitcoin, I suggest you cooperate with law enforcement as much as possible. Perhaps better block chain statistics tools?
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 03:47:07 PM

In case you guys haven't noticed it, high-ranking government officials like Charles Schumer already consider Bitcoin to be a tool for money laundering. These services simply automate what any user can do himself.

We can pretty please people to not do this all we want, but they're gonna - it's cash. If you support Bitcoin, I suggest you cooperate with law enforcement as much as possible. Perhaps better block chain statistics tools?

These services mix your coins with the coins of other users. that's not something you can do by yourself :-)
For example, if I am from the FBI and I buy some drugs at SR, and then follow these coins on the blockchain, you will or will not be included in the recipients of these coins, depending on whether you used the laundry or not.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
randybitcoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:59:37 PM

These services mix your coins with the coins of other users. that's not something you can do by yourself :-)
For example, if I am from the FBI and I buy some drugs at SR, and then follow these coins on the blockchain, you will or will not be included in the recipients of these coins, depending on whether you used the laundry or not.

thanks for dumbing it down for me lol
Richard Rahl

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 04:00:48 PM

Either these services will be made illegal, or Bitcoin as a whole will be made illegal.

Those services are illegal.

Not Being Caught != Legal
higbvuyb

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 04:02:36 PM

Those services are illegal.

Not Being Caught != Legal

I would like to gently remind you that USA != whole world

I used the http://app.bitlaundry.com/ to spread 1 BTC out using http://btc-fortune.com/ over 1 day.

Have I mentioned, lately, how much I love you, SIR?

You are the author of http://bitcoinlaundry.com/ , right ?

Have you ever considered opensourcing your work (I mean the code behind http://bitcoinlaundry.com/ specifically) ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: