Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:15:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of top Bitcoin Laundries. Please contribute.  (Read 6806 times)
Richard Rahl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 04:32:56 PM

Either these services will be made illegal, or Bitcoin as a whole will be made illegal.

Those services are illegal.

Not Being Caught != Legal

I would like to gently remind you that USA != whole world

True enough.

But if you live in one of these countries, then it really makes no difference if you're in the US or not.

Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong, China
Iceland
India
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
Luxembourg
Mexico
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
Republic of Korea
Russian Federation
Singapore
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

If you engage in money laundering, the same people are looking for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikegogulski

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 06:38:15 PM

You are the author of http://bitcoinlaundry.com/ , right ?

Have you ever considered opensourcing your work (I mean the code behind http://bitcoinlaundry.com/ specifically) ?

I am that guy, yes, but no, I have never considered open-sourcing the extremely complex and massively valuable intellectual property that bitcoinlaundry.com represents, what with how all these suitcases of cocaine keep arriving at my front door every week.

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:11:33 PM

Have you ever considered opensourcing your work (I mean the code behind http://bitcoinlaundry.com/ specifically) ?

I am that guy, yes, but no, I have never considered open-sourcing the extremely complex and massively valuable intellectual property that bitcoinlaundry.com represents, what with how all these suitcases of cocaine keep arriving at my front door every week.

Do you actually get enough volume for a laundry service to be even remotely secure?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:56:12 PM

The answer is: Yes. It is VERY illegal. You're looking at some serious prison time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering
Money laundering is disguising illegal sources of money so that it looks like it came from legal sources.

Why would you assume I have an illegal source of money?  The use of a mixing service does not automatically mean money laundering is occurring.  [edited]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 08:49:28 PM

Do you actually get enough volume for a laundry service to be even remotely secure?

No, never, and that's one of the reasons you shouldn't use it, besides that it's fattening and immoral.

Wait, I meant to say.... yes.... YES! Yes, I do. No... well, only sometimes.

mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 08:50:55 PM

The answer is: Yes. It is VERY illegal. You're looking at some serious prison time.

I think it was a couple months ago in discussion with Hiro White on Agorist Radio that I stated that I'm looking forward to my indictment.

mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 08:52:19 PM

If you support Bitcoin, I suggest you cooperate with law enforcement as much as possible.

<yousuck>
I agree completely. In fact, go one better and report all of your Bitcoin holdings and cash flows today.
</whatever>

buttcoin1

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:30:48 PM

Right. And if you're mining and then selling off the coins you better report the earning on your W2 so you pay the tax on the money you made.
mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 09:38:58 PM

Right. And if you're mining and then selling off the coins you better report the earning on your W2 so you pay the tax on the money you made.

My name is mikegogulski, and I endorse this statement.

Of course, if you owe state and/or municipal tax, your Bitcoin earnings must be reported on the relevant returns there as well. Current IRS rules put electrictiy for running mining rigs into the same expensa category as Arabian thoroughbred horses; thus, deducting your power bill is right out.

plogank

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:57:28 PM

"Money laundering is a euphemism for transactions out of view of State surveillance. Any transaction that takes place outside of State control is essentially ‘Money Laundering’ according to the State. This means that, for example, people living in Greece, who are forbidden from making any transaction over €1500 in cash, even though the money is legitimately theirs and they are not engaging in any act that is defined as criminal activity by the State, is guilty of ‘Money Laundering’ by the mere fact that they are making a transaction above an arbitrary size."

https://blogdial.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/precursors-to-bitcoin-legislation-emerge/

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
higbvuyb

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 10:13:28 PM

Either these services will be made illegal, or Bitcoin as a whole will be made illegal.

Those services are illegal.

Not Being Caught != Legal

I would like to gently remind you that USA != whole world

True enough.

But if you live in one of these countries, then it really makes no difference if you're in the US or not.

Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong, China
Iceland
India
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
Luxembourg
Mexico
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
Republic of Korea
Russian Federation
Singapore
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

If you engage in money laundering, the same people are looking for you.

Excuse me, but I am unconvinced that
a) all those jurisdictions would recognize the artifact that is a bitcoin as "money"
b) mixing "transactions" carried out in these mathematical constructs constitutes  "laundering" anything at all (service name notwithstanding)

Try harder next time Smiley

Oh, that's sad.

Sad

It would be nice to have an opensource version...
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 10:46:17 PM

Isn't it the whole point of bitcoin to make it easier to transfer money without requiring permission from any government?
Yes, and that's why I support Laundering.

Actually, I used the http://app.bitlaundry.com/ to spread 1 BTC out using http://btc-fortune.com/ over 1 day.
This gave me more chances to win without hitting 1 bet after another.

Depends on where you live .... but remember what the U.S. did to online poker etc?  That is what I am laughing at, using laundering (illegal by association to it's obvious uses) to participate in online gambling of which some governments, the U.S. included have essentially banned
I live in the mother fuckn USA (check my post stalker to see what state I live in <3).

Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 11:19:44 PM

Wonder how many coins from mybitcoin will go through something like this.

so do I but we will probably newer know as the list of funded addresses is not known.
btw mybitcoin was a laundry as well.

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
wee baby seamus

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:05:04 AM

EVERYTHING is a laundry
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 02:37:01 AM

If you support Bitcoin, I suggest you cooperate with law enforcement as much as possible.

<yousuck>
I agree completely. In fact, go one better and report all of your Bitcoin holdings and cash flows today.
</whatever>

So far I only buy and spend Bitcoins. I don't convert to USD for precisely this reason.

YOU might be looking forward to an indictment, but I would rather not needlessly martyr myself. You can help the movement far more from home than from a cell.
mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2011, 06:24:38 AM

<yousuck>
</whatever>

So far I only buy and spend Bitcoins. I don't convert to USD for precisely this reason.

YOU might be looking forward to an indictment, but I would rather not needlessly martyr myself. You can help the movement far more from home than from a cell.

That's fine. Clearly, you're not part of my target market.

Stalin-chan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 06:25:56 AM

What are your crimes?
mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2011, 07:59:03 AM

What are your crimes?

檢討。

CoinLab

Activity: 270

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 12:28:05 AM

Presumably the bitcoins moving though laundry services are (disproportate to the rest of BTC economy) ill-gotten gains.  There is a reason they are willing to pay 5% right? 

So, while these laundry services can disconnect you from bitcoins that were your own ill gotten gains, doesn't it probably link you to other crimes instead?  Wouldn't just depositing your coins into fresh MtGox account (that you only connected to over TOR) and withdrawing them a few days later be much more effective, because you would be mixing them with legitimate coins (and for a smaller %)?
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 12:57:06 AM

Presumably the bitcoins moving though laundry services are (disproportate to the rest of BTC economy) ill-gotten gains.  There is a reason they are willing to pay 5% right? 

So, while these laundry services can disconnect you from bitcoins that were your own ill gotten gains, doesn't it probably link you to other crimes instead?  Wouldn't just depositing your coins into fresh MtGox account (that you only connected to over TOR) and withdrawing them a few days later be much more effective, because you would be mixing them with legitimate coins (and for a smaller %)?

The laundry service doesn't need to use its own wallet. It could use several of the free online wallet services. The mybitcoin incident illustrated why one would need to use multiple. So long as some of the services along the "chain" preserve your privacy, you should remain anonymous. Kinda like Tor for money. All you are paying for is technical expertise and better strategies like random timed transfers and multiple branches.

Right? Maybe I've missed something.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: