Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:10:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The community is fucked up  (Read 1212 times)
Shahrukh (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:45:33 PM

This bitcoin community is so fucked up and selfish that no one helps others to learn. I posted a question on many different sites no one cares to fucking answer anything like they are so dumb for that. All the tutorials expect you to be genius installing shit and there is no detailed tutorial available on bitcoin development.

I turned everyone down Sad Sorry for that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:53:12 PM

LOL. You have posted the other thread  "Today at 02:16:32 PM"

Do you expect that everyone is waiting for issues to solve for free on a weekend?

At least you should give it some days before bashing the community (30 minutes waiting makes you look "a bit" impatient") ;-)
Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:54:48 PM

Please, tell us how you really feel...

And then, take a chill pill.
Shahrukh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:55:01 PM

LOL. You have posted the other thread  "Today at 02:16:32 PM"

Do you expect that everyone is waiting for issues to solve for free on a weekend?

At least you should give it some days before bashing the community.

It is not that, I have been researching on them since 15 days and I do not come up with any tutorial which describe things in good detail

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:51:41 PM

This bitcoin community is so fucked up and selfish that no one helps others to learn. I posted a question on many different sites no one cares to fucking answer anything like they are so dumb for that. All the tutorials expect you to be genius installing shit and there is no detailed tutorial available on bitcoin development.

It's a cruel world. What do you need help with? Maybe we can assist.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:10:55 PM

This bitcoin community society is so fucked up and selfish that no one helps others to learn.

FTFY

But you have a point.

That thing you did there, I like it.

I find that these sorts of communities are often above the standards set by society in general. I haven't been on this board long enough to be sure though. Suppose time will convince me one way or another.

Shahrukh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 05:58:12 PM

I love open source because of its community which is always generous and helping; correct me if I am wrong bitcoin is also open source but the community is not generous, I don't know why.Even though the poeple into this community are same who were using other open source like Php and Linux etc

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:00:57 PM

I have to disagree with the OP.

During the three (plus) years I've been on this forum, I have seen countless individuals who willingly contribute much of their free time to explain things to beginners. There are multitudes of threads available extensively explaining every minute detail of Bitcoin.

It simply takes some patience and effort by those wanting to learn.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:07:59 PM

All the tutorials expect you to be genius installing shit and there is no detailed tutorial available on bitcoin development.

Everything is voluntary. There are no professionals getting paid to write stuff. Go ahead an start a Tutorial. At best in the form of a wiki where everyone can contribute stuff.

*There already is a wiki, but it's paiwalled and there is no support when it's not working (I paid but got only unlocked for the english part tried irc 3 times and forum pm - gave up).

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:19:45 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 04:16:42 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

There are no professionals getting paid to write stuff.

I beg to differ.

MOVED: Are the mods getting paid from this forum?
June 14, 2013, 12:58:43 AM
This topic has been moved to Meta.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=234009.0

Then again, 7 words may not be considered stuff, albeit the professional aspect is still under review.

Full disclosure: I like BadBear. I like him to go... Grin
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:52:29 AM

calm down dude, you cannot expect joining in a forum like this and getting immediate answer.
Gotta have some patient

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:35:00 PM

Actually this is quite true, but few good spirits are here anyway.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:42:59 PM

http://bash.org/?152037

<dm> I discovered that you'd never get an answer to a problem from Linux Gurus by asking. You have to troll in order for someone to help you with a Linux problem.
<dm> For example, I didn't know how to find files by contents and the man pages were way too confusing. What did I do? I knew from experience that if I just asked, I'd be told to read the man pages even though it was too hard for me.
<dm> Instead, I did what works. Trolling. By stating that Linux sucked because it was so hard to find a file compared to Windows, I got every self-described Linux Guru around the world coming to my aid. They gave me examples after examples of different ways to do it. All this in order to prove to everyone that Linux was better.
* ion has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
<dm> brings a tear to my eye... :') so true..
<dm> So if you're starting out Linux, I advise you to use the same method as I did to get help. Start the sentence with "Linux is gay because it can't do XXX like Windows can". You will have PhDs running to tell you how to solve your problems.
<dm> this person must be a kindred spirit of mine

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Shahrukh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:45:38 PM

<dm> I discovered that you'd never get an answer to a problem from Linux Gurus by asking. You have to troll in order for someone to help you with a Linux problem.
<dm> For example, I didn't know how to find files by contents and the man pages were way too confusing. What did I do? I knew from experience that if I just asked, I'd be told to read the man pages even though it was too hard for me.
<dm> Instead, I did what works. Trolling. By stating that Linux sucked because it was so hard to find a file compared to Windows, I got every self-described Linux Guru around the world coming to my aid. They gave me examples after examples of different ways to do it. All this in order to prove to everyone that Linux was better.
<dm> So if you're starting out Linux, I advise you to use the same method as I did to get help. Start the sentence with "Linux is gay because it can't do XXX like Windows can". You will have PhDs running to tell you how to solve your problems.

Damn! you are clever

hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:49:30 PM

google
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:05:24 PM

Damn! you are clever

That's fantastic and it is true actually, you get a much better response from people sadly by deliberately pissing them off than you do being polite and asking for help.
Shahrukh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:48:37 PM

google

Seriously ? and from where google brings the answer if nobody is answering them ?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:02:43 PM

Society of entitlement Tongue

CornedBeefHash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:34:01 PM

New people are ignored here (or worse they're ridiculed). Don't expect to reasonably participate in a debate, ask for assistance or provide help to anyone. It will not be well received by most of the hero trolls members unless you have over 1000 posts and have been here for more than a year.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:09:30 PM

New people are ignored here (or worse they're ridiculed). Don't expect to reasonably participate in a debate, ask for assistance or provide help to anyone. It will not be well received by most of the hero trolls members unless you have over 1000 posts and have been here for more than a year.

Back in the day when people wanted immediate help they offered BTC bounties.  Seemed to work pretty well.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: