Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and 3D printing  (Read 2388 times)
el_Tico

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

"Fly you fools"

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:44:02 AM

Erik has a good point,

Distributed computing allows us to send information without the vulnerabilities that come with a centralized system.
For example- we could anonymously buy 3d designs of items that are patented by large corporations.
-Think about napster but with objects (Such as printing your own iphone for 25% of the cost)
Xyver

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:46:59 AM

You do not truly understand the phenomenal nature of what the future will bring us.

If it so suits itself, Wall-e could be 3D printing off specific objects for certain CryptoCurrencies or OT contracts funded by millions of Bitcoin users, maybe even gathering materials to sell to other 3D printers that need specific materials for manufacturing components based on per-arranged contracts, a mobile micro DAC network. Specific control of what Wall-e does and does not do can be controlled by market forces, with direct access by everything to everything around the planet, giving individuals a Control Console for the planet with accurate Real-Time Data.

Love where you're going, but one thing left.

If we have the power of Gods (basically, creating anything we want at a whim) why do we need money?
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

Lol! I got so carried away writing a Mind-Fuck article that I forgot to check the foundations. LOL!

Yeah at that moment in history, who the hell is going to use money, but on the ramp up toward that future they'll serve as great scorekeepers of intangible goods.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
davedx

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:10:34 PM

Erik has a good point,

Distributed computing allows us to send information without the vulnerabilities that come with a centralized system.
For example- we could anonymously buy 3d designs of items that are patented by large corporations.
-Think about napster but with objects (Such as printing your own iphone for 25% of the cost)

This is the real barrier to 3D printing adoption I think.

Once we can 3D print semiconductors at a thickness comparable with those found in smartphones, we'll really be rolling.

Think about what you spend most money on, in your life: which of these things can be replaced by 3D printing?

Bitcoin is one piece of a larger puzzle to promote liberty, prosperity and democracy.
Support the EFF with your Bitcoins. https://supporters.eff.org/donate
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 05:21:45 PM by jdbtracker

They got it already. Printing processors is not too far off, we have the technology, we can re-build it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cartesianco/the-ex1-rapid-3d-printing-of-circuit-boards

http://3dprintingindustry.com/2013/11/29/fuji-xerox-exploring-potential-3d-printed-embedded-chips-change-world/

and If they can print pictures 78 microns wide, then they can print circuit boards that small too.

http://petapixel.com/2012/08/13/color-photo-printed-at-100000-dpi-the-highest-resolution-ever/

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: