Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:19:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin 1.03 Released - Update immediately  (Read 2732 times)
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:03:02 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2011, 07:00:22 AM by CoinHunter

1.03 is out, everyone needs to hop on it to stop the spammers increasing the chain size unnecessarily. The largest pools have already moved onto it and have stopped the flow of the bad transactions but updating the clients is also a good thing to ensure a 100% smooth transition. If you can't download any of the ones from below check the main site for the latest as I upload them.

Windows Binaries
Linux 64 Binaries
Linux 32 Binaries
Source Code

Doublec's github of SolidCoin 1.03 https://github.com/doublec/solidcoin

Other binaries will be out soon.

More discussion at the forum.
http://solidcointalk.org/topic/124-103-released-immediate-update-required/

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:21:20 AM

Needs to be updated on the main site. Why are people attacking this coin if it's already "doomed for failure"  Roll Eyes. Shows that you are winning coinhunter!
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:24:39 AM

Needs to be updated on the main site. Why are people attacking this coin if it's already "doomed for failure"  Roll Eyes. Shows that you are winning coinhunter!

Yes, it's not really an attack just an annoyance done by those who are fearful of what SolidCoin represents. The new version (1.04) is going to blow away Bitcoin though as it has more features, will be faster and new developer stuff! Good times ahead.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:28:03 AM

Yes, it's not really an attack just an annoyance done by those who are fearful of what SolidCoin represents. The new version (1.04) is going to blow away Bitcoin though as it has more features, will be faster and new developer stuff! Good times ahead.
Can't wait Cheesy!! I will do my best to spread the word thank you!
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:58:00 AM

Linux binaries up.

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 07:04:53 AM

... those who are fearful of what SolidCoin represents.

Solidcoin represents Freedom and Fairness, while Bitcoin means oppression and dark ages.
Solidcoin is the Truth ; Bitcoin is a bunch of lies
Solidcoin is Courage, Bitcoin is cowardise

do you want to know more? read this: http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:06:16 AM

1.03 is out, everyone needs to hop on it to stop the spammers increasing the chain size unnecessarily.

Oops, I guess the fee "improvement" wasn't such a great one after all, eh?

Were any of the other "enhancements" better thought out?
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:23:28 AM

Why doesn't BitCoin have mandatory updates like these? Even the really old clients still work.

Oh yes, their development goes: plan -> code -> test -> release.

Yours goes: hack code you don't fully understand -> release -> find bugs you should have noticed before releasing -> force mandatory update.

It's just a matter of time until someone finds a really nasty bug in one of the hacks you have made and uses it to either crash or rob the entire SolidCoin network.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:35:27 AM

Why doesn't BitCoin have mandatory updates like these? Even the really old clients still work.

Yours goes: hack code you don't fully understand -> release -> find bugs you should have noticed before releasing -> force mandatory update.

It's just a matter of time until someone finds a really nasty bug in one of the hacks you have made and uses it to either crash or rob the entire SolidCoin network.

I think i need some popcorn for this show. =)

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sd

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:43:26 AM

Solidcoin represents Freedom and Fairness, while Bitcoin means oppression and dark ages.

do you want to know more? read this: http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php

Said with all the fervor and self-belief of any one of the many, many, religious cults or political organizations on the Internet.

Anyone can put a bunch of lies on a website. No-one checks it for truth.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:43:41 AM

That's because not much has changed since it's inception.

And this wasn't an "attack" , it was a bunch of trolls sending out tiny amounts of transactions to try to slow down the network...
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:57:16 AM

Hehe. Well we will see I guess. I was aware of the "issue" of the fees allowing someone to create rather large transactions without much penalty, but I wasn't expecting someone to attack it within the current time frame. Poor judgement on my part. But it's fixed now, and handled better than Bitcoin. It's not necessarily even needed by most people (just the miners) but nevertheless it helps with network propagation.

I'm not really sure how someone malicious attempting to disrupt the network gets passed by in all this, as it's obviously a BTC supporter, perhaps someone like you who has negative and ignorant thoughts about SolidCoin. The thing is, I can react quickly to things before they become problems, and on top of that the next SolidCoin client is many times better programmed than Bitcoin. I have basically recoded about 20% of the client now, fixing a swathe of multithreading issues and performance problems in the design which looks like it was written by an amateur.

You are right that I haven't read every single line of code yet to know where every bug that lies in Bitcoin exists but I'll get there. If you think it's easy to fix design issues and bugs why haven't you been submitting them to Bitcoin? It's quite funny watching people try to lay down statements like they know the future of SolidCoin and where my talents are...... like I said, just wait and see.

PseudoCode

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:57:46 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2011, 10:38:32 AM by PseudoCode

You "Ready For Collapse" article sucks badly.

Just reading the page set my "Scam" spidey sense ringing..  
Its Full of Fear Mongering, Half Truths, Implied Threats and Falsehoods

"Implications of FBI Involvement"  - assuming it to be true, why is Solidcoin going to be immune to the same thing ?

"Admitted he doesnt want much to change" = Stagnation ?  Yeah, give me a money network that keeps changing please !  Not.

OMG, Some Bitcoin-using websites got hacked and had coin stolen .. Bitcoins fault !!   Better get rid of your dollars too, people can and have robbed banks you know

"Big Banks might use it !"  - Gasp, how evil, we need a system that *cant* be used by people we dont like.

Three variants of Bitcoin have failed due to a flaw *we* dont have.   Not due to lack of interest in yet another copycat, which we arent.  nosiree

*IF* People leave Bitcoin, then transactions will take longer, which will make even more people run away from Bitcoin to Us.  Bank Run !!!  OMG, Bitcoin Bubble !

If you have money invested in Bitcoin, you will be Angry and Scared !

But dont worry, *we* have a plan that doesnt include "Those bad guys" (gov, banks, Wealthy elite etc).  We're going to look after *you*..  

How ?  *innovation* of course.. we're going to keep inventing NEW things, and "improving" things.  Dont worry, we'll decide if its a good idea or not.

If you like what youve read, join and tell us, First in - Best Dressed.   In the meantime, you might like to look at how to *buy some Solidcoins* - get in quick while its new.

Hopefully you'll use the massive wealth you will magically make by doing so wisely to make the world beautiful and not just become one of those evil "wealthy elite" profiting off the dumb latecomers.

Damn, you couldnt have sounded dodgier if you tried, you might as well have just posted another "SELL SELL SELL" thread.

Pass..

ohforf

Activity: 327

we are legion

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:04:33 AM

Bitcoin is still vulnerable to the same Attack...
Lets see how long it takes until this is fixed in Bitcoin.
If the Developers really care (they dont), this would be fixed in a few Days.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:07:16 AM

And this wasn't an "attack" , it was a bunch of trolls sending out tiny amounts of transactions to try to slow down the network...

There's not much point in even doing a real attack.  It's good to counter the ridiculous propaganda, and generally caution people about putting money into these alternate blockchains, but other than that SolidCoin seems to be dying on its own.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:15:53 AM

There's not much point in even doing a real attack.  It's good to counter the ridiculous propaganda, and generally caution people about putting money into these alternate blockchains, but other than that SolidCoin seems to be dying on its own.
How can you kill something that can't die?

I mean that in all seriousness.
sd

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:25:54 AM

Hehe. Well we will see I guess. I was aware of the "issue" of the fees allowing someone to create rather large transactions without much penalty, but I wasn't expecting someone to attack it within the current time frame. Poor judgement on my part. But it's fixed now, and handled better than Bitcoin. It's not necessarily even needed by most people (just the miners) but nevertheless it helps with network propagation.

I'm not really sure how someone malicious attempting to disrupt the network gets passed by in all this, as it's obviously a BTC supporter, perhaps someone like you who has negative and ignorant thoughts about SolidCoin. The thing is, I can react quickly to things before they become problems, and on top of that the next SolidCoin client is many times better programmed than Bitcoin. I have basically recoded about 20% of the client now, fixing a swathe of multithreading issues and performance problems in the design which looks like it was written by an amateur.

You are right that I haven't read every single line of code yet to know where every bug that lies in Bitcoin exists but I'll get there. If you think it's easy to fix design issues and bugs why haven't you been submitting them to Bitcoin? It's quite funny watching people try to lay down statements like they know the future of SolidCoin and where my talents are...... like I said, just wait and see.

Fixing a problem quickly is a failure. It's a failure to have anticipated and made allowances for the problem in the first place. You are making changes without fully understanding their implications and it's exactly that behavior that caused this update to be necessary.

Your talents at design and programming are highly unlikely to exceed those of everyone working on BitCoin. They might move slow but maybe that's because it takes time to do things right.
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:32:16 AM

The thing is, I can react quickly to things before they become problems, and on top of that the next SolidCoin client is many times better programmed than Bitcoin. I have basically recoded about 20% of the client now, fixing a swathe of multithreading issues and performance problems in the design which looks like it was written by an amateur.

So CoinHunter, this is another thing that's been bothering me about your claims.  All these bug fixes that you've been referring to... where are they?  Can you point out the specific commits that you're talking about?
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 08:34:24 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2011, 08:45:56 AM by memvola

I second the above request Chris made.

Bitcoin is still vulnerable to the same Attack...
Lets see how long it takes until this is fixed in Bitcoin.
If the Developers really care (they dont), this would be fixed in a few Days.

How is Bitcoin vulnerable to this attack? And how is SolidCoin not?

EDIT: I see that there is a maximum transaction size now. Correct me if I'm wrong but in Bitcoin, you pay fees based on your transaction size, no? Why do you think it needs to change? What kind of attack are we talking about? And instead, you put a hard limit there as a workaround. Why? Because SolidCoin's tx fees are constant? So if all these are correct, only SolidCoin had the vulnerability in the first place. Care to comment?

EDIT: You see, you didn't say it was broken in Bitcoin, you only said "it handles better than Bitcoin NOW". Assertion without justification. Subsequently ohforf turned it to "Bitcoin is still vulnerable". What is happening here? I really don't get why people are behaving this way...
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 08:35:55 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2011, 08:52:08 AM by ThomasV

Said with all the fervor and self-belief of any one of the many, many, religious cults or political organizations on the Internet.
Anyone can put a bunch of lies on a website. No-one checks it for truth.

There is no other Coin but Solidcoin, and Coinhuster is our master.
I have found compelling Evidence.
I was touched by His noodly solid appendage on IRC.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: