Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explanatory video  (Read 1361 times)
meefozio (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 12:49:13 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2011, 01:00:01 AM by meefozio

I've only discovered Bitcoin a few days ago.  I was shocked to learn that it's been around for more than two years without me hearing about it.  I'm your typical LAMP programmer who spends all his free time in cyberspace reading about currency, the federal reserve, anarchism, technology and stateless societies.  How it took me this long to learn about Bitcoins is really perplexing.

Once I heard of Bitcoin, I spent a while to understand how it works.  I had to read and re-read explanations to really figure it all out.  Since popularity is one of the major hurdles to get over for Bitcoin, and because it can be hella confusing for the layman, ya'll need a easily consumable video explanation for the masses.

I don't know if this topic has been pursued before, but "1/29 Explainers" could help immensely.  They basically take really difficult concepts and turn them into simple videos to share with the public.  This page shows a lot of their work:

http://www.129films.com/explainers/

Just a thought.

EDIT:  Maybe you could pay them with a pooling of some of your BTCs :-)
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 02:53:30 AM

Welcome to the forum meefozio.  What you describe is a good idea and there's a 13,000 BTC bounty for the person who makes the video.  Feel free to contribute to the bounty, if you'd like.
iGROWyourBiz

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:19:37 AM

still offering 13,000 BTC?  Shocked
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:28:33 AM

Fo real!   Shocked
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:36:20 AM

I've only discovered Bitcoin a few days ago.  I was shocked to learn that it's been around for more than two years without me hearing about it.  I'm your typical LAMP programmer who spends all his free time in cyberspace reading about currency, the federal reserve, anarchism, technology and stateless societies.  How it took me this long to learn about Bitcoins is really perplexing.

Once I heard of Bitcoin, I spent a while to understand how it works.  I had to read and re-read explanations to really figure it all out.  Since popularity is one of the major hurdles to get over for Bitcoin, and because it can be hella confusing for the layman, ya'll need a easily consumable video explanation for the masses.

I don't know if this topic has been pursued before, but "1/29 Explainers" could help immensely.  They basically take really difficult concepts and turn them into simple videos to share with the public.  This page shows a lot of their work:

Just a thought.

EDIT:  Maybe you could pay them with a pooling of some of your BTCs :-)

"typical" LAMP progrmamer.

i tried to get into that stuff a long time ago, but i kept clining to VB.NET for no reason.  that stuff seems harder than before, but it is more invinting than ASP.NET.  i mean PHP

i am here.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:07:20 AM

still offering 13,000 BTC?  Shocked

Use your brain to figure that one out...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:11:34 AM

Welcome to the forum meefozio.  What you describe is a good idea and there's a 13,000 BTC bounty for the person who makes the video.  Feel free to contribute to the bounty, if you'd like.

O_O a thread I have not seen on this forum
Those were the days anyways seen a few videos here and there but there's always room for improvement also a few online learning sites have starter videos if your curious as well like the Khan Academy.
https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking/bitcoin/v/bitcoin-overview

@ Welcome to the forum and Bitcoin meefozio always nice to see new members.
Edit and Fuu got necroed lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Intaryna

Activity: 342

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:08:56 PM

I've only discovered Bitcoin a few days ago.  I was shocked to learn that it's been around for more than two years without me hearing about it.

So you are welcomed Wink
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4472

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:14:35 PM

Just a thought.

EDIT:  Maybe you could pay them with a pooling of some of your BTCs :-)

i have never needed a video to learn how the national mint puts the cotton into a banknote, or needed to know the chemical formulae for the inks they use. average joe does not need a technical long winded explanation, they need fast laymens explanation.

they need simple english. EG
not: "bitcoin is a peer-to-peer decentralized public ledger using multiple cryptography standards to ensure a trustless system of exchange"

but:"bitcoin is a ledger stored on thousands of PC's. no single person can change it as its all checked and verified using encryption"

just like going to the hospital
people hate hearing "you have a certificated deposit on the aortic valve causing a Myocardial infarction"
but understand: "small lump of calcium in your heart gave you a heart attack"

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: