Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wrote a Bitcoin Guide for Beginners, FREE this sunday. What do you think?  (Read 566 times)
john_pudikat (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:27:02 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 09:25:19 AM by john_pudikat

It's great how Bitcoin has recently become more widely known and is being used more widely. That benefits the entire community. But it is a complex subject, and I was astonished that I couldn’t find any simple articles online to refer friends and family to explain them what it was all about.

I thought that if it doesn’t yet exist, I should just try writing something like that myself, so I wrote this guide to the BTCitcoin universe, trying to be as complete as possible (with the historical background and the current ecosystem that has built up around it, with companies making ASICs for mining, etc…)

The book is free to download on Sunday, January 12. Since this part of the forum is for beginners, I thought it would be a good opportunity for some here to read up on the subject and maybe give me some feedback about what you think.

If you're interested, head over to Amazon and download it: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSUN5MA.
If you don't have a Kindle, you can use read.amazon.com (the Cloud Reader) to read it in a browser on any device you choose.

The questions from friends of mine and of people on Reddit were part of the motivation I had for writing. Unfortunately I didn't have a look at this forum earlier, or I could have asked you to have a look at single chapters beforehand. Smiley

I hope some of you will enjoy reading the book!

Have a great Sunday everybody!
Bono

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

And when it's for sale, will you be accepting BTC as payment?
john_pudikat (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:42:44 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 08:02:18 PM by john_pudikat

I definitely will, but I wanted to make it free for the first day, and apparently Amazon only allows me to do that when I use their KDP Select program, and that means that for the first 90 days, I cannot sell it in any other place than Amazon.  Undecided

Kind of annoying. I can of course sell it privately for BTC (which I do, if someone's interested), but not on a big store or website until the 90 days are over...

But I'll definitely let you guys know once it can be paid for with BTC. I'll just have to find an easy payment provider for that. Do you know any?
john_pudikat (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:15:08 AM

The promotion is now online - for 24H only so get your hands on it this Sunday if you're interested. Smiley

Have an enjoyable Sunday everybody!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:00:24 PM

And here's one free everyday Wink

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Newbie_Guide
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: