Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question to the community about charitable efforts in bitcoin  (Read 456 times)
jakedeez (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:48:06 PM

So I was recently scammed on the fourms... mostly because I am an idiot and agreed to ship first... but scammed none the less.  I am luck in that I only got scanned out of one 2013 silver casascius coin... many people have been taken for much more.

Anyway, I have decided that I should take my feelings of frustration and violation and turn them into something positive.  I am already in teh process of trying to set up a donation wallet for a family that had a tragedy on new years day... but as I am a new member here I am going to have a trusted core dev who is a friend of mine and also knows the family start that effort.   

After that however, I want to start a process of trying to help increase the amount of charitable efforts people are making with bitcoins.  I think it can help me have some catharsis from being scammed, and hopefully help others who have been scammed feel like there are good people on here. 

So my real question is this... what charity do you guys think would be the best to support?  I am pretty sure that we want to start with the make a wish foundation, as both the guy am working with on this project and I are both big fans... however, I am open to other ideas.  Also, no reason we can't work to benefit more then one organization.   

Are there charities or charitable organizations that you guys would like to see us include?  Importantly are there specific groups you would want to support if we set up efforts to support them? 

Also, what kind of ideas do you guys have to make it transparent and to assure you all as members of the community that the funds really would reach the indented recipients?

Thanks for the input.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: