Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 08:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken wired my money - but after 1 month still not arrived - any ideas?  (Read 1009 times)
captben (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

After cashing out of my Bitcoins and Litecoins I supplied my bank details and the website showed the funds were wired, but after 1 month no funds have arrived in my account!
Kraken support say they have initiated an enquiry on the 31st dec (funds were wired on the 12th Dec) but they are still not providing me with any answers or money!

Any ideas what I can do??
Apart from wait and pray!

Thanks
CryptoMxM

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:36:25 PM

Same problem for me... nearly 3 weeks passed and no funds on my account...
I contacted the support 10 days ago, but to date it seems they have not started any investigation yet...
captben (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:07:12 PM

I am at a loss as to what to do next?
They effectively owe me just under 11,000 euros!
I wonder how many other people have been robbed!?
captben (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:29:22 PM

I have contacted my bank who advise that traces on bank wires can take 6-8 weeks - this gives me a little more faith!
Just hope Kraken does not go bankrupt in the meantime!
CryptoMxM

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:58:14 PM

In my case 2-4 weeks needed for the investigations... It's so sad... However these are the kind of problems that belongs to our beloved (sarcastic) "banking system"...  Angry
castiron

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:09:41 PM

How can it take 2-8 weeks to trace a bank transaction? Even if its international. This is totally ridiculous in my opinon.
Its kind of ironic when they name banking systems to names like "SWIFT".
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:13:25 PM

was this your first trade with them?
If not, you can find the bank in your old transaction and work from there.

Testing for the first time a bitcoin service with 11K Euros is asking for trouble and it does not look good..

captben (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:49:50 PM

It was the first time I requested them to wire Euro funds back to me.
I did do test functions when sending bitcoins and lite coins to and from my wallets, but a simple bank wire is something which is done regularly from bank to bank.
I imagine no one does 'test' bank wires just to see if one bank can wire funds to another bank?
I have never done this before and would not imagine having to do this again

Bank wires should be traceable and as long as Krakens bank - Fidor bank AG (Germany) is reputable!
It has seemingly been sent to an incorrect account or is held up somewhere?

This process illustrates the viable future for crypto currencies where a payment can be made in a matter of seconds
Bank really are taking the piss! and have been for far too long!

A bank used to be somewhere safe where you could store your money - your physical money would be in that actual bank in a vault.

Now a bank is somewhere where you deposit funds, they then invest your money in investments which you do not authorise or have any control over. When it all goes 'tits up' they claim bankruptcy and your funds are gone for good.

Or if you live in Cyprus - the government just decides to claim all but 100K Euros or your hard earned money, with no recourse!!

Banks and Governments are trying to eradicate cash which is effectively a peer to peer (untraceable ) currency - another reason why crypto currencies are going to prosper and grow!

It makes you wonder whether in the not too distant future as crypto currencies take hold, whether we will even need banks?

Sorry if this rant has gone off topic!
bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 01:10:11 PM

There needs to be a wire in the first place to trace something.
Just like on OTC or localbitcoins, you should test with the lowest amount to see the speed, accuracy and so on before doing an all in.
Picking one party that has already done successful transactions with others is a good start.

It is irrelevant that bank to bank wires are common. The less common and more relevant information is does Kraken initiate timely and accurate orders to their bank in such a way that funds end up on yours expediently. Your experience points to that not being the case.
11K Euros is bit steep to learn that especially if you were counting on using that money soon. You could have done 11 trades of 1K euros on localbitcoins or OTC with an extremely high chance of getting a few thousand euros deposited in 2 days.

CryptoMxM

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:50:02 PM

A bank used to be somewhere safe where you could store your money - your physical money would be in that actual bank in a vault.

Now a bank is somewhere where you deposit funds, they then invest your money in investments which you do not authorise or have any control over. When it all goes 'tits up' they claim bankruptcy and your funds are gone for good.

Or if you live in Cyprus - the government just decides to claim all but 100K Euros or your hard earned money, with no recourse!!

Banks and Governments are trying to eradicate cash which is effectively a peer to peer (untraceable ) currency - another reason why crypto currencies are going to prosper and grow!

It makes you wonder whether in the not too distant future as crypto currencies take hold, whether we will even need banks?

Sorry if this rant has gone off topic!

holy words ....
captben (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:59:49 PM

Good news Kraken support say money will be in my account by Monday!
fingers crossed!!!!
bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 02:18:53 PM

Good news Kraken support say money will be in my account by Monday!
fingers crossed!!!!

No news, good news?

captben (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:03:14 AM

They sent my funds but 530 euros short!!!
I am now trying to find out why?
HASHRA

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:54:12 AM

One month? Thats crazy! I did a transfer and it took just few days... give em hell.

CryptoMxM

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:28:46 PM

One month and one day in my case... and the money is still on the road...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: