Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:49:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We need a standard wallet, that can handle all the coins.  (Read 1135 times)
joulesbeef (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:19:19 PM

No i'm not talking a new client per say or any changes to the clients. I just want to be able to open one app and see all my coins and be able to send and receive from there(with clients running in the background) I know it can be done, I want something on my own computer, like what coinotron has on your user account page. Maybe just a web front end to all the clients.

nearly all these coins use the same command system. it shouldnt be impossible. You check a box saying you use solidcoin, ixcoin, i0coin w/e it asks where your files are, tells you to make sure you leave the clients running in server mode, and then does a getbalance for each currency. I suppose with how similar they are you dont even need to have a specific check box for the various coins, just "add a new coin, tell me where the wallet is and the client name" especially since i suspect some of these alternatives might disappear and we will surely get more of them in the future.

of course I would rather not run 50 clients in the backgroud but I understand that would be a much larger request.

mooo for rent
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:35:18 PM

No i'm not talking a new client per say or any changes to the clients. I just want to be able to open one app and see all my coins and be able to send and receive from there(with clients running in the background) I know it can be done, I want something on my own computer, like what coinotron has on your user account page. Maybe just a web front end to all the clients.

nearly all these coins use the same command system. it shouldnt be impossible. You check a box saying you use solidcoin, ixcoin, i0coin w/e it asks where your files are, tells you to make sure you leave the clients running in server mode, and then does a getbalance for each currency. I suppose with how similar they are you dont even need to have a specific check box for the various coins, just "add a new coin, tell me where the wallet is and the client name" especially since i suspect some of these alternatives might disappear and we will surely get more of them in the future.

of course I would rather not run 50 clients in the backgroud but I understand that would be a much larger request.

Honestly, a front-end for this would be pretty practical. And running client daemons for the individual chains in the background doesn't have to be constant, either.

You can query, say, the bitcoin client for the current block count. And then do an HTTP GET over to http://blockexplorer.com/q/getblockcount to find out what it has to reach to be synced. The front-end could easily just round-robin the different clients -- we have at least some form of blockexplorer equivalent for all the chains at this point. Sync client type 1, exit. Load client type 2, wait for sync'ed, exit.

If someone wants to actually send, say, 50 i0coins, and the i0coin daemon isn't the one running, exit the one that is, run the i0coin daemon, manage transaction, wait for confirmation, display first confirmation to user and then switch daemons again.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2011, 08:59:16 PM

No i'm not talking a new client per say or any changes to the clients.

"say" what?

You mean Per Se. If you can't pronounce latin (as most non-latin-language natives can't), at least spell it correctly. Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_(P)#per_se

I just want to be able to open one app and see all my coins and be able to send and receive from there(with clients running in the background) I know it can be done, I want something on my own computer, like what coinotron has on your user account page. Maybe just a web front end to all the clients.

Yeah, with several currencies, everything is getting more and more error-prone.
+1

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:34:33 AM

+1

What we need is 3 more new currencies  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 09:02:15 AM

+1

What we need is 3 more new currencies  Grin

With three more troll-ish founders for me to troll. LOL Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 12:06:05 PM

Does Pywallet meet your needs?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
joulesbeef (OP)

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:42:20 PM

pywallet?

not really but i suppose it could do some of the things I would like.

I want something that looks sorta like the coinotron accounts page but more wallet functional.

MEGAWALLET

Bitcoins ---->50 btc....................[send] [create new add] [address book] [transaction history]
i0coins------>10,000 i0c.............[send] [create new add] [address book] [transaction history]
ixcoins------>5,000 ixc...............[send] [create new add] [address book] [transaction history]
solidcoins--->500 scc.................[send] [create new add] [address book] [transaction history]

[add new wallet and client]

mooo for rent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: