Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 06:14:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing idea: get Bitcoin up on big screen in NYC Times Square  (Read 766 times)
ak84 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:15:02 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-advertise-in-times-square-2012-12

Costs to advertise on 1 Times Square:
anywhere from USD $ 1.1 to 4 million / year

There are also cheaper options I'm sure. Either cheaper billboard or advertise bitcoin for one month.

Let's assume average $2 million per year for one of the really nice ad spots. and we do one month ($2 million / 12 months)

That's 166 BTC at $1000/BTC to put Bitcoin ad in Times Square for one month

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Edutainment.Tech ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Double ICO: Games for smart and games for business
SmartGames    ◼ CorpEdu
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:28:50 PM

They also have to accept your ad. And maybe they dont like Bitcoin? You have to remember, not everyone believes in this concept. Some are strongly against it, most are just clueless and dismiss it outright. 

I think we arent quite there yet, because Bitcoin is still fairly hard to use and most people dont understand why they need it.

Give it a year, I think the Bitcoin world will look a lot different and a lot more people will understand why they want some.
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:30:09 PM

The cost is the issue, not that some billboard owners are fussy about where their revenue comes from.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:39:26 PM

The ROI is not there if you ask me. You are better with a super-bawl ad for that money or 1000 even better things. To local and would not get free press, they way I think to approach this is to come up with an ad that will go viral, ask the bitcoin foundation to make a Bit-prize for say 500 coins for the most viral idea and parallel open an account to fund the winner then as the money is raised say July 1st is voting for 30 days 2 rounds, then the money is used to implement. Rule for prize MUST HAVE CHANCE TO GO VIRAL! BFree!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:49:15 PM

I think we arent quite there yet, because Bitcoin is still fairly hard to use and most people dont understand why they need it.

Give it a year, I think the Bitcoin world will look a lot different and a lot more people will understand why they want some.

Agreed.
Bitcoin_Evolution

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:14:41 AM

I can give you even better idea - get Bitcoin on big screens of movie theatres. I believe blockbaster with bitcoin will make much more for awareness than screens on Tymes Square.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:27:47 AM

Can we get some type of bitcoin kickstarter campaign to allow people to donate? Even if enough people donate 0.001 btc and we reach enough money to place a bitcoin ad on timesquare... it will be worthwhile to everyone since an ad like that will attract more people and bring more money into BTC and raise the price for everyone.

You are essentially donating to spread awareness and hopefully increase the value of your own holdings. Since bitcoin isn't a corporation and no one does ads for it something like this would be great publicity.

Can someone do it? I'm too lazy

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:35:19 AM

The problem is that bitcoin isn't really ready for primetime use by regular non tech savvy folks yet so it'd largely be a huge waste of money
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:39:29 PM

Would be pretty cool to see , but I don't really see the point.  Bitcoin is doing fine gaining more awareness simply by more places accepting it and more companies/services popping up making it easier and safer to use. 

There is a company/organization who is doing something similiar out near San Francisco , you can read about it here.
http://www.coindesk.com/arisebitcoin-40-bitcoin-billboards-san-francisco-bay-area/

While it would be nice to see something like that on time square I agree that the money could be better spent elsewhere.  If I had a $1million dollars to help educate people about bitcoin I would invest in one of the many bitcoin related startups out there that I think are really advancing how quick adoption to bitcoin happens.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:17:45 PM

maybe they will do that:

https://arisebitcoin.com/

they have alot of projects in the pipeline.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: