Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:33:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some transactions not show up in the blockchain immediately?  (Read 2774 times)
Abigaille (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:14:41 PM

This has happened to me 3 times now! I get a 15 min invoice from Bitpay and I immediately  send a payment from Coinbase or Multibit, but the transactions never shows on the blockchain and the invoice expires. I search the transaction hash on the blockchain.info and I get this error "Sorry we could not find any blocks or transactions matching this hash". I then send a second payment from the wallet and the transactions show instantly on the blockchain!

Why is this is unreliable? Why do some transactions show immediately on the blockchain and other do not? It is VERY frustrating!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:34:34 PM

This has happened to me 3 times now! I get a 15 min invoice from Bitpay and I immediately  send a payment from Coinbase or Multibit, but the transactions never shows on the blockchain and the invoice expires. I search the transaction hash on the blockchain.info and I get this error "Sorry we could not find any blocks or transactions matching this hash". I then send a second payment from the wallet and the transactions show instantly on the blockchain!

Why is this is unreliable? Why do some transactions show immediately on the blockchain and other do not? It is VERY frustrating!

Sounds like a bug in MultiBit, but more details would be needed to know for sure.

If such a bug existed in the most recent version of MultiBit, I'd expect a lot more people to be complaining about it, so it sounds like you might be doing something unusual.
Abigaille (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:41:38 PM

It's happened from Coinbase and Multibit.  Here is the FAQ for the Multibit one: https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_support_sentBitcoinFromMultibitButTheyAreStuck.html

Here is Multibit reasons for a transactions not being broadcast:

There are various reasons why a peer does not relay a transaction. In a rough order of frequency they are:

There are lots of tiny inputs (under 5432 satoshis) in your wallet and the transaction fires the anti-spam rules.
    The fee is too small and the peer chooses not to relay it.
    The transaction is a double spend. Doubles spends aren't relayed through the network.
    Some other reason - this is not a definitive list.

Mine fit into option 4: "Some other reason - this is not a definitive list"

So basically NO reason???

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:23:58 AM

Ask on the multibit sub-forum, they may have the answer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: