Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:14:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Butterfly Labs Mini Rig 500GHs  (Read 2310 times)
brixton74

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:51:44 PM

Cover those tracks quick....lmao!  Scammer exposure is becoming a spectator sport on here.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

I lost my account to a hacker
I literally ate just 41 minutes of popcorn and the scam pops. Worst. Scam. Ever!

Anyone watching, remember, buyer pays escrow, and it's not that expensive.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:08:34 PM

Cover those tracks quick....lmao!  Scammer exposure is becoming a spectator sport on here.

yes it is, but everyone is trying so hard to either scam or not to get scamed lol just sucks that you have to go thru all this to get some mining gear

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:17:00 PM

yes it is, but everyone is trying so hard to either scam or not to get scamed lol just sucks that you have to go thru all this to get some mining gear

it seems this forum has had in influx of scammers over the last month or two i mean i can literally see it once every hour
brixton74

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:28:17 PM

Would it be prudent to put an alert on these threads sooner...I mean the minute I see a pic of super hashing mining gear with no username or datestamp in the photo I immediately think its a scam and 100% of the time it's correct everytime....
mpattison

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:36:29 PM

Would it be prudent to put an alert on these threads sooner...I mean the minute I see a pic of super hashing mining gear with no username or datestamp in the photo I immediately think its a scam and 100% of the time it's correct everytime....

The problem with pictures in thread is that people can take those pictures, use Photoshop or whatever photo editing gear they can use, and manipulate them for their own purposes.  Undecided  I had this happen to me and I see it happen (ESPECIALLY on CL) daily.
That is why I prefer to use PMs for pictures, that way I know what pictures have been sent to who.

Just IMO.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:44:22 PM

There are many scammers.  It is quite easy to figure out when someone is trying to scam.   If a seller will not setup a deal in a manner where "both" parties are protected, then usually it is a scam. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
mpattison

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:59:29 PM

There are many scammers.  It is quite easy to figure out when someone is trying to scam.   If a seller will not setup a deal in a manner where "both" parties are protected, then usually it is a scam. 

Yeah, most times.  But buyers are also sneaky.  One buyer recently wanted to escrow with a site that said (and this is verbatum) "The arbitrators below were not vetted by Bitrated."  So you want me to send my coins to who?  Some random who could very well be yourself?
The system as it is, is clearly not working.

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:37:59 PM

Yeah, most times.  But buyers are also sneaky.  One buyer recently wanted to escrow with a site that said (and this is verbatum) "The arbitrators below were not vetted by Bitrated."  So you want me to send my coins to who?  Some random who could very well be yourself?

There are plenty of reputable escrows. There was also a trust warning of -6 on OP's account. There was also a reluctance to prove they physically own the devices or that they allow the buyer to use an escrow.

The buyer appears to have used PayPal so in the event that this kid likes to waste everyone's time for some jail visits, he will be the one "scammed".
mpattison

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:49:57 PM

Agreed ^
brixton74

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:48:45 AM

I think you are exactly correct, the system is not working correctly.  Negative trust for a user evidently is not a deterrent.  For every risk reduction there is a counter.....for instance if a seller uses escrow they can fix their own escrow holder to steal coins, the same can go for a buyer.  Paypal can be used by the scammer buyer or the scammer seller side.  Looking at Ebay, the only way they solve the issue is through buyer feedback.....and that requires a bad sale or a rip off to happen in the first place.  The immediate and anonomyous nature of bitcoin is the same thing that makes it useful for scams.  Open to any ideas......
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:32:18 PM

Someone close this thread?
AndrewK

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:35:54 PM

Nope. I'm waiting to see if they get here... will post back with the outcome.
Thanks

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
cxboyminer

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:37:34 PM

Anyone watching, remember, buyer pays escrow, and it's not that expensive.
Some reputable escrows offer 0% charge... (FREE ESCROW, like me)

Would you guys rather pay a little bit for protection or nothing to get scammed?

USE ESCROW!

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:41:27 PM

Thanks
has he provided you a tracking number?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

Thanks
Put it in dispute so it will hold the funds. Otherwise he will withdraw funds and you'll have to fight to get paypal to cover it. And being bitcoin related, they'll probably say f off.

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:06:08 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 12:24:39 AM by ssateneth

AndrewK lemme know if you get your paypal back or not. I find it very unlikely that you would have paid up front unless you had a plan in the extremely likely event that something would go south with the deal, such as a BS claim about the seller getting their paypal account hacked.

Until then... /popcorn

Thanks
Put it in dispute so it will hold the funds. Otherwise he will withdraw funds and you'll have to fight to get paypal to cover it. And being bitcoin related, they'll probably say f off.

It's not bitcoin related. He's buying physical computer parts in exchange for paypal. If there is no legitimate tracking number, then AndrewK can get his money back.

But I agree, but it in dispute as soon as you can anyways. The earlier you do, the less chance he has to withdraw/move the money.

AndrewK

Activity: 819

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:39:41 PM

Put the transaction under dispute. I got several private messages from him yesterday saying his account got hacked. Then saying he was underage...

Anyone know how long it'll take to get paypal to refund?

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:22:10 PM

Sorry Andrew but the signs were all there. It was door number 3 from the start.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:22:53 PM

Put the transaction under dispute. I got several private messages from him yesterday saying his account got hacked. Then saying he was underage...

Anyone know how long it'll take to get paypal to refund?
How much can we "bribe" you with to rustle his ass a bit? Nothing expensive, just calling the police on him, calling the parents, reporting the scam attempt to the authorities, stuff like that...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: