Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 01:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like 0daycoins.com is legit  (Read 846 times)
Cannoli (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:29:58 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 10:32:55 PM by Cannoli

I have several million coinye's and no where to trade them so I saw a posting for 0daycoins.com in a forum on here.  I stuck in 100,000 coye's as a test at the lowest price and they sold way to quickly.  It showed I had like .3 ltc's or so in my account so I tried to send them to my wallet.  It gave me some error message when I confirmed the transfer through my registration email than they were gone off their site and have never shown up.  If I look at there site to see my transactions, it does show where I made the trade but nothing anywhere about the withdraw.   I emailed them at their help email and told them that I felt like I should warn people if I didn't hear anything back and, after about many, many hours, still nothing.  I wouldn't trade there anymore.  Luckily, I had a bad feeling from the start so used an alt email, sign in name, and password.  Not to mention, only sending them a small fraction of coye's to test it out.  Although, now I'm wishing I had sent a 100 instead of 100,000.  Anyway, I think it may be a scammer website.

The lesson I learned is to stick to the main stream alts that are traded on Cryptsy or other trading sites you know are reliable.  I have made a lot of trades on Cryptsy without any issues yet.

Good Luck all
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:35:20 AM

Thanks for the warning. There seems to be quite a few of these small exchanges appearing recently. I had a look at 0daycoins and was not sure what to make of it. The site seemed amateur but I was hoping it would be legit. I thought it strange that there was only coinye's, bitcoin and litecoin there to begin with.

As far as I know no other exchanges deal in coinye so it is tempting to use them for trading. Now you have warned me I will steer clear of them.
felment

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:14:59 AM

I have also been considering using this site. It looked reasonably safe to me and I almost sent them some coins. Thanks for the warning about them. I got ripped off by another exchange a feww weeks ago and it is not a pleasant experience.

I have been reading these forums for a while and got lots of useful tips from them. Now I have registered I can ask questions to the experts and maybe avoid getting ripped off in the future.
Cannoli (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:31:46 AM

It finally came through.  I even got an email from the host saying it was an email problem and apologizing.  I threw another pile of coins on there and just got paid for some of those.  It appears to actually be a legit site.  I can vouch for them after just confirming receipt of the second payment.
motatoys

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:07:33 AM

so change the name of this thread
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:12:46 AM

It finally came through.  I even got an email from the host saying it was an email problem and apologizing.  I threw another pile of coins on there and just got paid for some of those.  It appears to actually be a legit site.  I can vouch for them after just confirming receipt of the second payment.

If this really is the case you should change the name of the thread so as not to confuse people  Smiley
motatoys

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:13:36 AM

exactly what I said  Grin
cryptojournal

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:30:17 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 11:49:58 PM by cryptojournal

EDIT: Just got part of my withdrawals processed... I still have .3 BTC in limbo from 0daycoins, not visible in my account. I might have spoken too early, I will retract my scam accusations completely if my last btc withdrawal is processed as it should.
monterplyt

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 03:29:52 PM

Did you get your coins back? They took my LTC and I dont konw how to get them..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: