Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XXXXNO LONGER OWNER....PLEASE DELETE POSTXXXXX  (Read 1346 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:43:02 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 06:45:08 PM by bitcoinsrus

XXXXPLEASE DELETE THIS POSTXXXX
NO LONGER OWNER OF ITEM DESCRIBED
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:08:30 AM

Adopt me Smiley
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 06:26:10 AM

Your post is confusing. Your title says 1000 BTC bar, but then you start writing about a coin, and then about a 100 BTC bar. You write that you don't want to sell it (whatever it is), and then you write that you are open to any offers.

My head hurts from reading this  Huh please post pictures, so us bitcoiners can /fap Cheesy 

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
trynmpo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:07:18 AM

you already posted the ebay link in your post, Grin winning bid - US $1,034.00  But i doubt you are the one who bought this. Roll Eyes
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:00:09 PM

If you are looking for those kind of big denom coins / bars, then Goat is your man

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331372.0

Quite simply the best collection I know of
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:27:14 PM

i want a 1000 bar.  not a rinky dink 100 one Huh
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:31:50 PM

you already posted the ebay link in your post, Grin winning bid - US $1,034.00  But i doubt you are the one who bought this. Roll Eyes

i thought the winning bid was almost 9k
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:10:36 PM

I revised the listing.  I was not clear.  This post is for the 2011 1000 gold plated bitcoin that sold for 8600 on ebay recently
Looking for trades.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:05:09 PM

I revised the listing.  I was not clear.  This post is for the 2011 1000 gold plated bitcoin that sold for 8600 on ebay recently
Looking for trades.

I think people should wait till you can provide pictures ect. IMO (in my opinion.) I'll be watching this.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:09:18 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 10:05:48 PM by bitcoinsrus

I would take pictures but I have not received the item yet.
I posted the link to the ebay listing (its all I have)
I sent bank transfer and it should clear in a few more days, then I have to wait for the shipping

I can provide further proof I was original buyer and anything else if you or anyone else makes an offer.
Trades I expect (I dont expect someone to offer more than I paid)

["I meant that I dont expect someone to offer more MONEY than i paid.  But when it comes to offers, I am looking for an equivalent (fair) or slightly better offer"]
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:10:19 PM

(I dont expect someone to offer more than I paid)

Why buy it if you aren't going to make money?

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:28:31 PM

Typical bitcoin person... He bought it for charity...
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:29:56 PM

I just want to see what people are willing to trade for it now.  I plan on keeping it as a collectible but if I get a good offer, I am willing to let it go.  I honestly could not resist from buying this item once I saw it. 
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:37:44 PM

I thank you sir for those kind words, but as much as I would like to think of myself as being someone like that, the truth is I am a new collector.  On ebay there was a guy selling 10 bitcoin coin for 8900 and looking back on it I would have bought it.  (The value was 600 a bitcoin at the time).  When I saw this I could not make the same mistake.  I knew it would probably never come again (from owner himself, for a good charity, I like the EFF and it looks decent condition from the pic)

It was at 5k for literaly the whole auction until some guy bid (but I had a much higher threshold (I would have paid a few grand more without hesitation).  I do not mind paying the extra because i know its legit from casascius ceo and I have faith in this item.

I wanted to keep this momentum and maybe have it vacuum sealed and graded.  The reason I am looking for offers is just to see if anyone has any good offers.  It will not hurt to see what people have to offer.  Maybe someone really wants this and wants to make an offer I can't refuse.  

And again thanks for the lovely comment about the charity.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:01:03 AM

Then he turns right around look for offers for profit? On a account that has less than 10 posts? ...

htspringer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:51:22 AM

Then he turns right around look for offers for profit? On a account that has less than 10 posts? ...
With all due respect, you should not decry anyone who is seeking profit.
...considering that you are asking over $ 1 million for a redeemed Casascius token.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:07:58 AM

I know me and my brand new account may seem fishy, and I fully understand this.  If you think I am a scammer, that is your right to judge me and I encourage you to be careful of any postings.  I know I cannot say anything to prove myself, but I just want to point out I do not feel I have done anything that I would deem scam-ish.  I apologize if I came off like a scam or anything, but I honestly am not.  I am new to this forum and I love it (because of all the info I am reading).  If there is anything you suggest I do or not do, I would take into consideration.
And I know you dont think the worst of me, you are rightfully suspicious of any new postings which is ok.  Anyways I thank you for your comment and I say that I am glad you speak your mind, because I know someone was thinking the same thing.

If you have an offer, shoot and if I like I would personally prove I was the ebay auction winner etc
I promise this is no scam and I am new to this forum (my 2nd day....only reason I found this forum was because I googled the ebay auction title that I won and came across people talking about the 8600 redeemed coin that was on ebay and I got curious seeing other people selling redeemed items.)  Since I am new, I may be to bold in my postings and if so, I apologize again, because I am new and I guess I dont know whats appropriate yet and how to gain respect before trying to sell things.

Thanks for reading.  I just wanted to see whats out there and if no offers, I'll keep the bar and vacuum seal/grade and ebay it off in a year or so.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:20:26 AM

I was new once and did something way more than this to try to get my name known Cheesy 

Not saying anything bad about cha!

bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:31:46 AM

I was new once and did something way more than this to try to get my name known Cheesy 

Not saying anything bad about cha!

Oh alright, I guess I misunderstood what you said.  I appreciate your interest in my post (by your comments) and I thank you all for reading my posts and hopefully I can start getting a few offers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: