Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:39:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems receiving any bitcoin transactions.  (Read 693 times)
huntson (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:05:26 AM

After spending an extensive amount of time setting up a personal bit coin wallet (actually multiple) along with using BlockChain's network one I cannot seem to receive any bit coin transactions.  I have been attempting to do tests using dailybitcoins.org and I receive nothing.  My transaction logs on the respective platforms indicate no activity and my addresses under blockexplorer.com show nothing happening.  What am I missing?

I am using Multibit on the mac if that helps.
PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:21:49 AM

After spending an extensive amount of time setting up a personal bit coin wallet (actually multiple) along with using BlockChain's network one I cannot seem to receive any bit coin transactions.  I have been attempting to do tests using dailybitcoins.org and I receive nothing.  My transaction logs on the respective platforms indicate no activity and my addresses under blockexplorer.com show nothing happening.  What am I missing?

I am using Multibit on the mac if that helps.
There is a minimum cashout limit on most faucets. You need to use them for long time to cashout
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:41:36 AM

If blockexplorer (or blockchain.info) shows no activity then the answer is simple ... nothing has been sent.

If someone doesn't send you coins there is nothing your wallet can do to make them appear. Smiley
huntson (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:41:44 PM

This I understand but it seems quite odd that after multiple attempts nothing is being sent.  Is there another way to test if my wallet is active?
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

What have you tried to get bitcoins sent to you? They don't appear out of thin air. Someone needs to send them to your wallet address.

Onkel Paul

huntson (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:10:32 AM

Using dailbitcoins.org is not the same thing as sending bitcoins?
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:33:48 AM

Using dailbitcoins.org is not the same thing as sending bitcoins?

No, I think you have to use it around 100 times to get enough bitcoins to pay out.
huntson (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:19:49 AM

OK.  Fair enough.  So here's the big question.  I want to make sure that my wallets are working before I start going mining crazy and all my money goes into a blackhole.  What is the best way to test it out?
Jacce

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:22:11 AM

OK.  Fair enough.  So here's the big question.  I want to make sure that my wallets are working before I start going mining crazy and all my money goes into a blackhole.  What is the best way to test it out?

Try Bitvisitor. It goes pretty fast to get the 60 uBTC required to cashout.
huntson (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:32:26 AM

I see.  Well that still sucks but I guess I'll try to see what happens.  What happens if I purchase a bitcoing with USD and enter an address I think is working but doesn't actually work.  Is there some failsafe system.  I just can't see myself doing this thing for hours.  WHat about litecoin - is there an equivalent site to test with?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:44:52 AM

Purchase a few dollars worth of bitcoins and have them sent to your wallet?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:49:00 AM

What happens if I purchase a bitcoin with USD and enter an address I think is working but doesn't actually work.  Is there some failsafe system?

That depends.  If you just enter a completely random set of characters, or make a typo while entering an address, then there is a 4-byte checksum built in to the address.  Any reasonable wallet and/or service should verify the validity of any address by checking that checksum.  As such, the odds of accidentally stumbling across a typo or random set of characters that passes the checksum test is 1 in 4,294,967,296  On the other hand, if you enter a completely valid bitcoin address that you don't have the private key for (such as accidentally entering someone else's addresse instead of your own), then the bitcoins will go to whoever has the private key or that address.  If you enter a valid address that nobody has the private key for (such as an address that you previously had from a wallet on a computer that crashed without a backup), then the bitcoins will be registered in the blockchain, but will be unspendable by anybody.

thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:49:49 AM

Yes you can create an account on an exchange, buy some bitcoin there, then try sending like 0.001 to your address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: