Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:41:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 72 hours and still cant work it out, and I am starting to go crazy "litterally"  (Read 948 times)
gtraah (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:32:14 AM

Guys this is serious Im the type of person who doesn't give up untill its done, now please read this i need someones help as I have distanced myself from family and freinds because of this and its becoming very serious .

Lets me start of my saying in early december I bought 3 280x R9 TOXIC.... I also bought the Asrock Z87 OC formula Motherboard and the rest etc etc...

Now Stupid me thought it would be easy to get the risers a (WRONG) I had to order them of ebay(HONG KONG) which took over 3 weeks  since then I can only have 2 card running on the board because of the heat. Now 3 weeks later I receive the risers from hong kong " Unpowered" because of my setup the risers had to be folded like a snake to fit under the card and onto the board as I was using an old computer case and there was not much room... anyway... All was working great 24 hrs later computer FROZE. SO I start to figure out whats wrong i decided to get and old Milk crate and re-do the build ok this time everything was working for 1 hour and then frozen again its weird , all temps look normal then all of a sudden just before the freeze I see the temp 502.c always that temp before the freeze obviously this is not correct but I just dont get it.. I I tried Almost EVERY Combination, I have 4 16x 16x risers Undpowered and 2 x 1 -16 POWERED risers.. I have tried putting 1 on the board and 2 on the powered 1x risers , I have tried 2 on the board and 1 on a riser .... all end up freezing..... ALso not sure if you know the lights on the Saphire cards on the top face of the card sometimes they flicker on and off but the card still hasshes with no problem .

I have not showerd in 2 days and I am loosinf the plot I am like a MAd scientist in my room with all wires everywhere and my girlfreind and everyone think im going crazyyy I cant even type anymore....

PLeaseee guys
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:06:37 AM

Let's start with more info on your setup:

Board, cpu, psu, etc.

Try 1 card at a time if they all work add a second if 2 work, but not when you add the 3rd it is either a slot issue (can be tested swapping cards around) or a power issue more than likely.
gtraah (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:54:46 PM

Oh My god, I worked it out....

I burned out one of the 6 pins on the gpu cable going into the PSU, The plastic melted into the PSU, so I got a pin and scraped out all the old olastice burned parts, I then choped off the end off the bad cable and re-wirred itup and now all my cards are working fine....

I have a feeling it is because I Unvervolted and OC the card

what do you think? that would of done it ey? I was running the TOXIC r9 280x at 815KH but Undervolted them abit not sure by how much lets put it this way...

it says 1.256

I changed it to 1.200 in Cgwatcher

Not sure if thats the cause but yeh I should not have touched stuff which i dont know much about

By the way my Setup is

----------------------------------------------------------------

i3 3400Mhz

Asrocl Z87 OC Formula 4 x 16x 2 x 1x & 1x MiniPCI slot

1200 watt Gold rated silverstone 1405wat MAX

4GB Ram

60GB SSD HDD

3 x 280 R9 TOXIC OC Saphire

PS: I can finally rest and sleep

Temperatures are all good all cards at 70-72c VRM temps the only card which is higher is the card which I plugged the TV into HDMI, this one is at 83c VRM Temp

But  thats fine these cards can handle this

If anyone what to give me some extra pointers please do so... I have ordered a proper GPU rack 8 GPU total rack Pre drilled everything ready to go for 150AUD $$$

Also Ordered some proper powered risers as the ones I got from HongKong were absolute rubbish None of them worked , well they did work for about 1 day then they just stuff up, maybe because of the snake like positioning as my rig was pretty small and the risers were bairly off the motherboard so the risers were folded back and forth against each other possibly got too hot and fused the joints and shorted them selves out. anyway luckily I also ordered 1x-16x powered risers from another place I am using these , 2 GPUS are off the mother board Powered  and one gpu is on the Mainboard with no riser.

1.5 hrs so far all working fine temps very stable Hashrate very stable..... I removed all those little fans off the mother board They were not doing anything to help with temps and were wasting motherboard power draw if you ask me. All I have is one mega fan blowing against the whole rig and this is doing fine.
gtraah (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:28:01 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 02:33:20 PM by gtraah

ok something is werid guys

the Card that is on the board it self is not lighting the SAPHIRE symbol LED anymore (you know that SAPHIRE LED IN BRIGHT YELLOW ) https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXSJwk2n0SwQt0PMtSlOhpvLj49AyzPtMXm8bkTzgKat2fhxpSfA <<< Here check what I mean but anyway EVERYTHING ELSE IS WOKRING AND IS LIT UP-its Fully powered the Fans RPM is just like the rest the temperature is just like the rest .. Everything is is powered on EXACTLY like the rest its just that the LED for the saphire LED is not on

If I go up to the card and Push down PRETTY HARD on the card the light turns on , As in Push down against the mother board, the light turns onnn dont get it,,, ARGHHHHHHH I dont want to brake the motherboard just because I want to see the light on... My questions is whats giong to happen if the light doesnt turn on its been like this for over 30 minutes now and no difference in temp, Fan RPM Voltage... etc.

ddoesss this mean anything ?

You know the light that lights up the word Saphire?? This is the light I am talking about
gtraah (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:44:32 PM

GUYS BUMPPP This above message  ^^^^ This last message I wrote is important I dont want anything happening  to my rig.. as I said EVrything is working perfectly all temp are stable No gliches ,

No Get work failures No Hardware failures , I mean Its practically perfect if it wasnt for the 1.5% rejected shares, This is out of 300000 accepted and 4000 Rejected.

Should I even worry about this... The card is not hotter than the rest in fact its the card with the monitor plugged in which is slight higher temp which is always the case

gtraah (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:09:34 PM

Actually I am not sure anymore I think its the GPU which the Saphire LED letters lights [not on] is the highest temperature still not dangerous temp and it is stable but My question is why would the light not be on and If I push or play around with the cables the light flickers on and off and I also hear the fan slow down whivh scares me ... so I just stopped fiddling with it and left it how it is as it seems to be  stable at 83c FAN and RPM is as much as the other cards, THe other cards are way above the mother board  on risders though so it makes sense why the cards cooler on the risers.

Its the Dam LED which is my concern, If someone here can tell me that its nothin to be concerned about I will feel so much better but please sont bullshit just for the sake of it lol

gtraah (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:23:40 PM

This is the mother board I have. Just so you have a picture of what I am tlkin bout

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/5551/asrock-z87-oc-formula-intel-z87-motherboard-review/index2.html

Now I have a powered 1x - 16x riser in the 1st 16x slot I have a 2nd Powered Riser 1x-16x on the last 16x slot

and then I have 1 GPU on the 2nd last slot directly on the motherboard itself

NOTE: When I am talking last - first slots

1st 16x slot = closest to cpu Etc etc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: