Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:45:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time miner, going to setup a pool.  (Read 552 times)
Heyman (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:57:36 AM

I have been mining scrypt based alt coins for a long time.

I have always wanted to setup a mining pool, just to learn and educate myself. I see with all of these crap coins coming out, I can probably just make a pool for some joke coin as it's not serious anyway.

Anyway, I have plenty of experience with linux, web stuff, etc... I actually used to optimize dedicated servers for web hosts at a small fee back in the day during the whole web hosting boom. I consider myself up to the task I guess.

I have read through the MPOS guide and it's very accurate, my only thing is the guide tells you how to setup for litecoin or bitcoin which is all great. How do I get it to point at some crazy crap coin that just came out?

Sure, I have a lot to learn. That's the whole point of it. Any suggestions, guides, whatever are appreciated.
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:59:59 AM

If you have skype BTC4Amazon and I'll try and help you out did a lot oof playing around with mpos a while back.
pickaxe.cc

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:34:56 AM

I could help you do this, it's pretty easy.
michaelhampton2

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:33:47 AM

If you have skype BTC4Amazon and I'll try and help you out did a lot oof playing around with mpos a while back.

Hi Im keen on undering the pool set up too. Are you able to provide some hindsight as how hard it is? I am based in Australia, and i am sure there are many bitcoin miners in Australia and wishes to get more people involved in an Australian based pool.

Cheers.
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:53:46 AM

Hi Im keen on undering the pool set up too. Are you able to provide some hindsight as how hard it is? I am based in Australia, and i am sure there are many bitcoin miners in Australia and wishes to get more people involved in an Australian based pool.

Cheers.

For anyone with basic knowledge of how to run a server and use pre assembled code its pretty simple, however Security and additions/changes are the only exception to that rule they require a little more background knowledge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: