Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:31:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to find out where Stevenbucks lives.  (Read 6887 times)
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 06:59:42 PM

I think Atlas is the one we should be making an example of. No sane person would lend money to a random stranger, a gambling addict no less.

I, for one, hope you don't get your 40 BTC back and learn a valuable lesson instead.
In my defense, I had no knowledge of Stevenbucks past when I made the transaction. It was only afterwords that his past was revealed to this board.

However, I should of certainly did some research before the transaction..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 07:07:05 PM

As consolation, one could argue that learning not to lend money to people you don't trust 100% is more valuable than 40 BTC, so in fact you ended up profiting.
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 07:09:50 PM

As consolation, one could argue that learning not to lend money to people you don't trust 100% is more valuable than 40 BTC, so in fact you ended up profiting.

I didn't lend any money. I ordered two Zipit Z2s. Never received them.
JohnDoe

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 07:13:08 PM

Well clearly I don't have the whole story and have no idea what I'm talking about.
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 07:14:13 PM

Well clearly I don't have the whole story and have no idea what I'm talking about.
Don't degrade yourself. You're fine.
JohnDoe

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 07:22:53 PM

Not degrading myself, I just thought you gave money to some random guy who came asking for some. If you were only buying stuff from a trader then it obviously changes my opinion of your iq level.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 07:47:06 PM

What you are saying is pure Tolstoyan-pacifist fantasy.

No way it's fantasy. I apply it successfully in my own working life.

I own a web research business. We offer an automated refund process for any customer who is not satisfied. All they do is click a link and they get their money back, no questions asked.

Of course we get the occasional jerk who exploits this by taking the work we do, then clicking "refund" to get their money back, and running away. But this is less than 0.5% of the turnover. We don't resort to the courts. We just refuse to have anything to do with the rogue customer again.

And you know what? The regular customers appreciate it. They like how we don't hold their cash hostage, and they like it that if they're not satisfied they can get their money back without having to grovel or threaten. It makes everything more satisfying for them, and for us too.

So no, the pacifist approach is not fantasy. It's good business, and good karma too.
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 07:54:17 PM

I'm a kid with barely a working life. I have time to screw on a lawsuit. If I was a sovereign individual, maybe I would be less inclined. Anyways, I am not going through with it. I am giving the man a phone call.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 07:57:17 PM

What you are saying is pure Tolstoyan-pacifist fantasy.

It's not fantasy. I apply it successfully in my own working life.

I own a web research business. We offer an automated refund process for any customer who is not satisfied. All they do is click a link and they get their money back, no questions asked.

Of course we get the occasional jerk who exploits this by taking the work we do, then clicking "refund" to get their money back, and running away. But this is less than 0.5% of the turnover. We don't resort to the courts. We just refuse to have anything to do with the rogue customer again.

And you know what? The regular customers appreciate it. They like how we don't hold their cash hostage, and they like it that if they're not satisfied they can get their money back without having to grovel or threaten. It makes everything more satisfying for them, and for us too.

So no, the pacifist approach is not fantasy. It's good business, and good karma too.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 09:10:53 PM

You think you can change things. You think you can directly change people through your boycott.

This isn't about changing people. This is about risk management. Anybody who sue people in anger is a business risk.

Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 09:17:32 PM

You think you can change things. You think you can directly change people through your boycott.

This isn't about changing people. This is about risk management. Anybody who sue people in anger is a business risk.
I see. Fair enough.

Well, I am not going through with it, if that has any relevance.
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 10:51:07 PM

If people think bitcoins are only used to scam people they will avoid it .

As for stevenbucks karma will be a bitch. I have a feeling he has a very unfortunate life and still lives in his mom's basement.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 11:07:58 PM

If people think bitcoins are only used to scam people they will avoid it .

As for stevenbucks karma will be a bitch. I have a feeling he has a very unfortunate life and still lives in his mom's basement.

It's Florida. They don't HAVE basements.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 11:17:50 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2011, 11:34:23 PM by noagendamarket

I today sent him paypal request for 8 btc which he owes me.
I had transaction with him on 8 th feb 2011 for 20 & 30 PPUSD for 22 & 34 bitcoins.
& after that he asked a loan of 22, then ......after a lot of request i gave 8 bitcoins.
I received paypal from this email address greg@madcashdash.com & he replied for my request from this email greg@glpbucks.com
& his name seems greg art, its mentioned in paypal transaction.
If anyone know any details please share.

The guy is a gambling addict... do we really need to make his life any worse? I mean, he uses email addresses from two of those skeezy "cash for completing offers" sites.

This has far bigger ramifications than you think. If people think they cant even trade under 10 bitcoins without being ripped off they wont touch bitcoin . People are very skittish about that .

If everyone just points and laughs as scumbags rip people off and blame the victims for it I think that is a very sad indictment of the community.

In a case of repeated predatory behaviour like this some self defensive actions are required. Im not talking about public humiliation but private justice. You rip off a company in the physical world they send in repo men to take all your shit. Its about making the victims whole not putting someone in stocks in the public square.
dingus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 03:06:21 AM

I am sure the legal system is empathetic towards bitcoin.  Roll Eyes

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
dingus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 03:12:10 AM

I'm a kid with barely a working life. I have time to screw on a lawsuit. If I was a sovereign individual, maybe I would be less inclined. Anyways, I am not going through with it. I am giving the man a phone call.

Time may be the most precious thing in life. To the court system, though, USD reigns. If you are as young as you say, you most likely cannot afford to fund a lawsuit.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 03:55:03 AM

Time may be the most precious thing in life. To the court system, though, USD reigns. If you are as young as you say, you most likely cannot afford to fund a lawsuit.
There is only a $35 filing fee for small claims. It's not worth it though. If Stevenbucks can't realize the theft he has done through his own reasoning mind, not much can be gained by taking him to court. I wish the man happiness. That's all I really want to see.
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:01:12 AM

There is only a $35 filing fee for small claims. It's not worth it though. If Stevenbucks can't realize the theft he has done through his own reasoning mind, not much can be gained by taking him to court. I wish the man happiness. That's all I really want to see.

Most likely he will be back under a different username. And he will rip off more people.

What do we do to prevent THAT ?

I would like to see him found and warned off for that reason only.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 04:04:10 AM

Most likely he will be back under a different username. And he will rip off more people.

Use clearcoin?

Seriously, use your brain and don't trust users with no reputation too much. Don't just loan bitcoin nilly willy without doing a credit history check.

Isn't it too much to ask people to take basic precaution in economic exchange over the internet?

Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:05:09 AM

I would like to see him found and warned off for that reason only.
Well, he owes other people larger sums of money, I believe. You can try convincing them.

Frankly, it wasn't my money to begin with. I probably stole it myself from my parent's funds. I certainly didn't earn it, to say the least. I have no business making a fuss. I'm a hypocrite. Nearly a fraud myself.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: