Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:31:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Changers - Technology of the PAST & FUTURE  (Read 1024 times)
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:07:53 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 12:19:56 PM by Interized

- - - - Technology/value of the FUTURE - - - - >
Google
Amazon
Craigslist
Facebook
YouTube
Microsoft/Apple/etc
Gold
Bitcoin
Cheap energy collection devices

VS

< - - - - Technology/value of the PAST - - - -
Library Free public information for all to access
eBay No charge backs, almost free to use, safe
Paper ads Newspapers, store boards, post offices, etc.
MySpace/Xanga/LiveJournal Personal and public life diary
TV Mass Visual communications/entertainment
AOL Mass introduction to the WWW  
Paper Money Government backed value
Digital currency PayPal, Blizzard, etc
Oil Easy cheap energy

Gold isn't the answer.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:22:45 AM

I don't see Facebook lasting that long. You can quote me on that so that I look stupid if it's still around in 20 years.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:34:13 AM

I don't see Facebook lasting that long. You can quote me on that so that I look stupid if it's still around in 20 years.

People will always want to record life. It will be up to them if they keep up.

Gold isn't the answer.
zachcope

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:52:18 AM

I agree. Facebook is dying already.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:59:13 AM

i agree i don't see facebook lasting in the long run, it's already dying and no one even talks about it. The actvity on my facebook feed went down like 90% compared to last year

Facebook will replaced not by one service, but by many smaller services that users will use according to their liking, such as snapchat, instagram, tumblr, twitter, etc.

The reason of facebook's death is their decision to remove privacy settings and constant loss of confidence with surprise changes.

Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:01:59 PM

i agree i don't see facebook lasting in the long run, it's already dying and no one even talks about it. The actvity on my facebook feed went down like 90% compared to last year

Facebook will replaced not by one service, but by many smaller services that users will use according to their liking, such as snapchat, instagram, tumblr, twitter, etc.

The reason of facebook's death is their decision to remove privacy settings and constant loss of confidence with surprise changes.

Facebook isn't declining.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/facebook-statistics/

Besides that Facebook simply went from being the cool-hip thing to use for socializing to--something else.

Now its main purpose is to record life/family interacting on a global scale.

Facebook has learned from MySpace, Xanga, and the others who had small bubble success.

Facebook is here to stay for at least another 10 years, though I predict more like 100+.

Twitter/Instagram/SnapChat/etc all here to stay as well as long as they keep on keeping up.

Gold isn't the answer.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:07:14 PM

Besides that Facebook simply went from being the cool-hip thing to use for socializing to--something else.

Facebook has learned from MySpace, Xanga, and the others who appeared for a year or two just to fade away.

Facebook is here to stay for at least another 10 years, though I predict more like 100+.

Twitter/Instagram/SnapChat/etc all here to stay as well as long as they keep on keeping up.

Snapchat probably won't make it past the next 5 years even.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:11:59 PM

Facebook has learned from MySpace, Xanga, and the others who appeared for a year or two just to fade away.

SnapChat provides a disposable picture sharing service.

Yes, the technology for disposable anything online is still in the baby stages, but it will become of great importance to people as it is to the kids using it.

People want to send temporary pictures over the phone, this won't go away.

Most of the masses that even use SnapChat don't realize how easy it is to still record the temporary picture (they even have apps for it), but that is besides the point.

First people would screen shot the phones.

Now they have methods against that. (alerts the user and shuts the app off)

Now they have apps and ways to get into the device to save the picture.

Methods are being developed that will end this and a new method will have to appear.

It will be an endless fight, but none the less people still want erasable/disposable pictures/information/etc.

//

You can also think of the proxy services, it bypasses your ISP spying on you.

Erasable technology does the same thing, but through any device.

Gold isn't the answer.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:58:38 PM

Yes, the technology for disposable anything online is still in the baby stages, but it will become of great importance to people as it is to the kids using it.

Most of the masses that even use SnapChat don't realize how easy it is to still record the temporary picture (they even have apps for it), but that is besides the point.

Methods are being developed that will end this and a new method will have to appear.

It will be an endless fight, but none the less people still want erasable/disposable pictures/information/etc.

//

If SnapChat is running inside a virtual machine and thinks it's just running on some normal phone, then there's nothing stopping the host OS from taking a snapshot of the guest OS's state at any time.

Interized (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:01:31 PM

//

If SnapChat is running inside a virtual machine and thinks it's just running on some normal phone, then there's nothing stopping the host OS from taking a snapshot of the guest OS's state at any time.

Wink

Gold isn't the answer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: